Jump to content
    Tallguyct
  • Author
  • 6,417 Words
  • 1,546 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life Goes On - 18. Finding Mr. Right

A week later at a reception for graduating business students Owen introduced his parents, brother with his wife and children and sister to Professor Hastings. The parents thanked Aiden telling him Owen had told him what a wonderful influence he had been on their son. He thanked them while thinking, ‘If you only knew how much I taught him’. Later his mother cornered the professor and again thanked him. She then told him that she did not understand why her son had left home to attend college as he could have lived at home where he would get decent meals and attend nearby Findlay College. She was also perplexed why he insisted attending graduate school at John Carroll, a Roman Catholic institution, when University of Toledo was not far from home. She did not see what kind of future he could have in a big city like Cleveland. There were many opportunities in Findlay and he could stay at home until he married. Aiden just smiled as she talked. It became obvious that Owen had made the right decision to create a life of his own out of the eyesight of his outspoken wishful mother. She would probably never accept his lifestyle.

When Aiden had escaped from the mother Owen’s sister came up to him. “I see my mother has been talking to you, about Owen’s future I assume. He is a good brother and I am happy he got away from her commanding mentality. Our older brother eluded it by getting married. I don’t see marriage in Owen’s future.” Aiden thought to himself, ‘Does she know his desires?’ She continued, “I am happy for him. He has told us how much of an influence you have been on him. I am glad he is staying in Cleveland and hope you continue his friendship. I miss him. He is the one person I have been able to confide in. When he gets his own place, not just a dorm, I hope to visit this exciting city and see what it has to offer.” Aiden again thought to himself, ‘I know he is close to you, what a great brother to make sure his little sister has a supply of rubbers to keep herself safe.’

Thanks to a recommendation by Professor Aiden Hastings Owen was hired to work in the office of the Dean of Business over the summer. Aiden taught a five week summer school course starting the week after graduation. At least twice a week the student and professor had lunch together. Aiden found Owen’s quest to find Mr. Right interesting. While Owen continued to frequent ‘the bar’ he became selective after his first experience at a stranger’s home. During bar visits he had conversations with numerous and various men. None turned him on so he refused offers of home visits or quickies in the men’s room. One evening he noted an Asian looking young man about his age across the room. As he checked him out the Oriental glanced back at Owen. His very serious face turned into a smile as he looked at Aiden. Except for contacts in class Owen had never had a conversation with an Asian. While there were a few Asians in his high school none were in his circle of friends or even close to the circle. His mother would comment about how dirty they were and that she would never eat in a Chinese restaurant including the one owned by the parents of a girl, the valedictorian of his high school graduation class. When Owen glanced at the intriguing Oriental he was in a conversation with a man about thirty years old. This guy was handsome, articulate and someone he would like to get to know better. He had decided that ‘If this guy invites me back to his place, I will accept’. While eagerly hoping for an invitation the new acquaintance looked at his watch and said, “I have to get up early to meet a client in Canton (over an hour drive). Nice talking to you.” With that the man gulped down the remainder of his beer and walked out of Owen’s life. Dejected, he looked around the bar and saw no one of interest. The Asian man was gone.

That night as Owen reviewed the events of the evening with his dick in one hand and a tissue in the other he thought of the man that got away. However, he was shocked when his thoughts moved from that man to the Asian. Lying in bed, as he shot his load into the Kleenex, he fantasized about the Oriental stranger with the smile. During the next two weeks he visited ‘the bar’ almost every other evening. The only memorable event was a jack off session at the urinal with a cute young, hardly eighteen, red headed guy who had a pure white long thin cut dick crowned by a thick thatch of red hair. He had lowered his pants while jacking revealing a small rounded pure white ass. When they were interrupted by someone entering Owen who had not lowered his pants moved into the urinal to hide his hard dick. The young redhead made no attempt to conceal his activity and seemed happy to flaunt his young dick and ass. The newcomer, an older bald man looked at the redhead and commented, “Now that is one beautiful sight. Please continue.” The older man pulled out his and after pissing began jacking himself. Owen backed away from the urinal and the three continued until all had shot their loads. Back home that evening Owen used the cute redheaded twink as his inspiration for fist time. Then he suddenly realized he had replaced the cutie with the Oriental as his inspiration.

Two weeks later when Owen entered ‘the bar’ the Asian was standing alone in the back. Owen decided that he had to act fast or possibly loose him again. As he ordered a beer at the bar he laughed to himself. Most likely after I talk to this guy for two minutes I will decide we have nothing in common either intellectually of sexually. He walked up to the Asian, “Hi, What do you think of this place? I saw you here a couple of weeks ago. Do you come here often?”

In a very soft voice, “Just a couple of times.”

Owen did not know why but the soft voice coming from those sweet lips seemed very sensual to him.

Owen then introduced himself and the stranger gave his name as Lee. He asked Lee how he had found this bar. The reply was that friends from college had recommended it. Their conversation easily continued. After about ten minutes Lee said, “I really enjoy talking with you but this place does not interest me.”

Owen felt a twang of rejection. Was this guy going to say ‘good bye’?

Then Lee suggested, “There is an all night diner not far from here. Why don’t we go for coffee and continue our chat?”

Lee offered to drive telling Owen he would bring him back to his car later. Lee held the door open on the passenger side of his Porsche 911. As Owen got in he hoped his new acquaintance would not see the old Chevy Nova he drove that he had inherited from his mother.

At the diner their conversation rolled on for two hours. By the time Lee dropped him off at his Nova Owen had learned: Lee had been born in Taiwan and immigrated to the USA with his parents when he was three years old, he had a younger brother and younger sister, he graduated from Oberlin College with a degree in economics – the major his father insisted he pursue while he minored in music – his passion, he had attended this liberal minded college as his parents felt as an Chinese he would have better acceptance there than at most other schools, he gladly accepted his parent’s recommendation since Oberlin was famous for its music education. He talked about his passion music and Owen later learned he was an accomplished on the piano. His father and uncle owned an import business specializing in imports from Taiwan, He worked for the family business and it was assumed he would someday take it over, his family religion was Buddhist although he only practiced it when with his parents to please them. He had never had a serious relationship with a girl and his family home was in Pepper Pike which later Owen learned was one of Cleveland’s exclusive suburbs.

Owen shared his life story with Lee omitting his sexual encounters.

While they did not discuss a mutual attraction for men it was understood they shared desires since they had met in a gay bar and both had admitted no interest in girls. After two hours of conversation Lee told Owen he needed to return home. As he dropped him off next to the old Chevy Lee told Owen that he really enjoyed the conversation and hoped they could meet again. Owen was so infatuated with this man that he immediately made a suggestion for a future meeting. They exchanged phone numbers and agreed to go to the movies together the following Saturday.

Owen read a review of the film, Sunday Bloody Sunday showing at a local art cinema. Its story line would certainly encourage interesting discussion by the new friends. In the film a male Jewish doctor and a middle aged woman both have affairs with the same male artist. When Lee called about Saturday night he readily accepted Owen’s recommendation after hearing the story line.

Lee picked up Owen at his dorm. As they sat in the sparsely filled dark theater Owen suddenly realized his hand on his knee was next to Lee’s hand. Owen moved his hand over expecting Lee to shift away in his seat. Instead Lee held firm and soon their hands were touching. Their fingers became entwined and they held hands the remainder of the film.

Following the movie they returned to the same diner. This time over cheeseburgers, fries and milkshakes their conversation turned to an intimate discussion of their experiences. Owen gave Lee a summary of his sexual coming of age and activities omitting flashing his dick at Aiden in the men’s room, the pissing on a stranger and the cheesy foul smelling uncut dick. The travels through sexual identity and activity recounted by Lee contained no surprises. Until he entered college he was confused about his feelings and just ignored them. In college a boy in his math class came onto him as they studied together. He did not know what was happening and let the study mate grope him. While totally conflicted he did enjoy the feeling. To his amazement the boy sucked him off. They became steady sex partners. The following semester they shared a dorm room. His new roommate introduced him to other gays. One evening during a drinking session in one of their acquaintance’s room one guy laid on the bed and asked to be fucked. While Lee was shocked he enjoyed watching and after two guys had fucked he dropped his pants and went where he had never gone before. He admitted that he enjoyed the companionship of the group fuck more than the actual act. While he had enjoyed being with his friends he never felt a strong attraction to any of them. It was one of them who had told him about the gay bar. Lee then looked into Owen’s eyes and said, “For reasons I do not understand you are the first person I have ever felt close to. I looked forward to our meeting again and admit at night I have thoughts about you when I play with Mr. Lee.”

Owen replied that he felt the same way. He told Lee he had begun a quest for Mr. Right and that over the past few months had talked to many men, some of whom he had also had sex with. While he almost always enjoyed the sex and usually the conversations there was always something missing.

Lee then told Owen that he really wanted to have an encounter with him but he wanted their first time to be special, not just in the car or a quick one in the men’s room.

For the next two weeks they saw each other two or three times each week. One Saturday evening they attended Blossom Music Center where the Cleveland Orchestra presents summer outdoor concerts. While seating is available most of the audience sits on the sprawling lawn. Owen and Lee took a blanket, sandwiches and a bottle of wine. They chose a less crowded area and spread their blanket. During the first half of the concert they sat on the blanket. After the intermission the sun had set and they could only see shapes on nearby blankets. They laid next to each other and held hands. Lee pointed to the couple a few feet away. They had wrapped their blanket around themselves and by their quiet movement it appeared they were enjoying more than just the music. Quiet moans during vigorous movement was followed by silence and no movement. Lee whispered, “Makes me jealous that a man / woman couple can do it while we could get arrested for doing the same thing.” With that he reached for Owen’s hard dick. “I feel that you and I have the same thoughts. Hopefully someday soon we can really get to know each other.” He leaned in and placed his lips against Owen’s who opened his lips accepting the Asian tongue. Just as Owen was tempted to do more than kiss the sky lite up. As the orchestra played Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture fireworks brightened the sky and grounds. Lee laughed as he said, “Would you believe that gay Tchaikovsky interrupted our first kiss?”

The following Monday Owen discussed his adventures with Aiden who asked him if he thought Lee was ‘the one to steal his heart’? Owen replied that he was positive while lamenting that they had not done more than hold hands and kiss. He knew Lee was as ready as he to finally ‘do it’. Then Aiden had a suggestion, “Why don’t you and Lee come to our home for dinner. After dinner Vlad and I will go out and you two may use our spare room to do as you please.”

Owen was ecstatic with joy over the thought of being with his friend. “I would jump up and give you a big kiss here in the cafeteria but will hold back and just give you a giant smile and thank you.”

Within an hour Aiden had called Vlad and Owen then called Lee and they agreed to meet for dinner the following evening. Lee picked up Owen at his dorm and they drove to the apartment. Vlad and Aiden graciously greeted Lee and then announced there was a change in plans. With a twinkle in his eye he announced they were going out in ten minutes and the boys would be on their own. In the refrigerator they would find cold cuts, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mayonnaise for making sandwiches. There was also potato salad, beer and soda and for dessert a Jane Parker lemon cake from the A & P supermarket. They then gave their guests a tour of the apartment. The boys were welcome to use the large shower off the master bedroom. They were shown the guest bedroom where they could have meaningful conversation. The availability of rubbers and lube in the nightstand as well as robes on a chair next to the bed were pointed out. The boys were welcome to stay as long as they pleased, until morning if that was their desire. Vlad and Aiden then departed stating they were going out to dinner and a movie and would be home after 10:00 (22:00).

As the door closed Owen and Lee realized that for the first time they were alone together in a private place. Lee said, “I am starved and the food in the refrigerator looked delicious. But I am more starved for you. Let’s delay dinner.” Owen needed no encouragement as he took his friend’s hand and led him to the shower. They ripped off their clothes as fast as possible and stood naked facing each other, each with a rock had dick. Owen finally saw the masterpiece he had imagined for weeks. He had never considered it would be uncut. They each sprouted an average sized dick. Standing in the large shower before turning on the water Owen kneeled and took Lee’s piece in his hand. He pushed the skin back and pulled it forward. Lee had showered prior to their visit and his dick had the special odor of a clean uncut man. Owen was memorized by the experience of playing with the skin and savored the musk of a man. He held his finger against the skin’s piss opening and pulled it over his finger. With the foreskin covering his finger he massaged the hidden dickhead. Lee stood still looking down and smiling at his friend. As Owen stroked he felt the shaft quiver. He knew what to expect and white cream shot out. It landed on Owen’s hand, bare chest and some dripped onto his own hard dick. Still kneeling he stroked his dick using Lee’s cum as a lube and almost immediately unloaded onto the floor. He stood and the boys embraced with Owen’s cum covered chest against Lee’s. After showering with each washing every inch of the other from head to toes they put on the robes and went to the kitchen for sandwiches and drinks. Still enthralled by the discovery of an uncut dick Owen kneeled in front of Lee as he finished his sandwich. This time he played with the skin with his tongue as he held the now hard dick in his mouth. Lee soon pushed him away and taking his hand led Owen to their bed in the guest bedroom. This session was as tender as the first had been fast and furious. After thirty minutes of kissing and caressing Lee swallowed his friend’s dick and refused to release it until the juices streamed down his throat. He then cuddled next to Owen who tenderly finished him with cum squirting from Lee’s stomach to his chest to his lips. They rested in each other’s arms. Owen then went to the bathroom returning with a towel and a warm wet washcloth to clean off his lover. He was intrigued not only by the uncut dick but also the thick black wiry hair that crowned his Asian’s friend’s dick. Lee’s entire body was smooth and hairless except for the thick crotch thatch and tufts of hair in the armpits. They returned to the kitchen and had a piece of the lemon cake. Not yet in the mood for another session they went to the living room and turned on the TV. As interesting as Marshall Dillon was on Gunsmoke they soon found the body of the other more appealing. Their third session of the evening began on the floor of the living room and finished in their bedroom.

When Vlad and Aiden returned from their night out they were not surprised to find the lovers in the guest room. Through the door which had been left open they saw the two sleeping with their naked bodies entwined. The following morning wearing robes Lee and Owen joined their friends at the breakfast table. They profusely gave their thanks. When Aiden apologized, in jest, for having invited them to dinner and then only serving sandwiches Lee replied that those sandwiches were part of the most delicious and memorable dinner he had ever had. Following a fast suck off session in their room the boys dressed. Lee departed for work while Owen and Aiden walked to the Euclid Avenue bus stop to catch a bus headed downtown toward the university.

While riding the bus Owen again and again thanked Aiden without sharing details with their fellow passengers. At lunch in a nearly deserted student union on summer schedule Owen happily gave Aiden more details then the professor expected to hear including the joy of the man taste of an uncut dick. Aiden then told Lee they were welcome to come and cum (with a laugh) again. He told his friend that he would give him a key so they could easily arrange a rendezvous.

At least twice a week Lee and Owen arranged time to be together at the apartment. When not meeting at the apartment they frequently had dates: movies, dinners, Cleveland Indians Baseball (Lee was an enthusiastic fan) or just exploring the city. One day in August Lee told Owen that he was considering getting an apartment of his own. His plan was to have an apartment with at least two bedrooms and rent a room to Owen. By renting to Owen they would be able to tell their parents they were living together as landlord and tenant, not as lovers. He would find an apartment on the east side near John Carroll University where Owen would start his business graduate degree in September. Lee told Owen that he did not need the rental income but would charge Owen the same amount as a dorm would cost so his parents would see this as nothing more than a quiet place to live and study. They would save the rent money for some fun activities. When Owen mentioned Lee’s plan to Aiden he was surprised when his friend suggested they consider renting an apartment in their building. Aiden told Owen that he would contact the management company to find out if any units would soon be available. What he did not tell Owen was that the owner of the building was Vlad. Vlad’s friend, mentor and lover, Reg, in Washington had arranged financing so Vlad could buy the building as an investment. Vlad did not want the tenants to know he was the owner. He did not want a knock on his door when there was a problem with the plumbing, the sidewalks did not get shoveled after a snow storm or any of the maladies that could happen to the building. Vlad told Aiden who relayed the information to Owen that a two bedroom apartment on the second floor would be available October 1. Since Owen would need housing when he began his graduate studies September 1 they agreed to offer him the use of the guest bedroom for a month. Vlad put Lee in contact with the management company. The present tenant permitted Owen and Lee to take a tour. Lee determined the apartment would be perfect. It consisted of a large living room with a dining area, small kitchen, a large master bedroom and a tiny second bedroom. The bathroom had a walk in shower that would accommodate two friendly people. He was surprised when told all walls would be painted in colors of his choice, the hardwood floors would be refinished and new appliances, refrigerator and stove, would be installed. He did not know that normally new tenants did not choose paint colors or received new appliances. Those arrangements were a secret gift of the owner, Vlad.

Lee’s parents thought he should have moved into a more luxurious apartment that he had purchased not just rented. Lee replied that he wanted to just rent and adjust to living alone for now. The parents were also confused when Lee told them he had sublet a room. They naively accepted his statement that he was not totally ready to live alone yet. Owen’s parents were surprised that their son did not move into a graduate student dorm near the campus. He convinced them it would provide a better study environment if he was not in a dorm. His parents were pleased when they were told the nice professor who they had met at the graduation ceremonies lived in the same building. The first week of October the apartment was painted, floors refinished and furniture that Lee and Owen had selected was delivered. Owen moved his clothes and books into the small bedroom which he would use as a study room. The bed was for show so that any straight visitor would assume it was where Owen slept. The large bed in the master bedroom was for both play and sleep. Their first night they christened their king size bed in the master bedroom during a night that was mostly activity and very little sleep. A week later a new small upright piano was delivered. A month later Owen’s father visited the apartment while in Cleveland on business. Owen had pulled the covers back of his bed leaving it within an unmade recently slept in appearance. Lee was not home during the visit so the fact that he was living with a foreigner was not revealed.

Lee, an accomplished pianist, frequently serenaded Owen while he studied. While he had never had an appreciation for classical music Owen began to look forward to the Bach, Beethoven and other piano concertos as he imagined the fingers that were stroking the keyboard would soon be stroking his body.

Owen’s first visit home the first semester at John Carroll University was for the Thanksgiving holiday. He told his parents he planned to invite his landlord and friend, Lee, to accompany him when he returned home for Christmas. When his mother asked why Lee did not visit his own parents for this family holiday Owen replied that his family did not celebrate Christmas as they were Chinese and not followers of Christ. There was a period of silence when his sister Sally said, “Won’t it be neat to introduce someone to our holiday customs.” Mother made no comment.

Over the pumpkin pie dessert his mother commented, “Our son has certainly become worldly. First he moves away from his family to the big city, then as a good Methodist attends a Roman Catholic college and also makes friends and lives with a heathen Chinaman.” Owen chose not to reply as his sister rolled her eyes.

When Owen suggested that he buy a present for Lee for his parents to give at Christmas his mother agreed as she considered herself the perfect hostess and although she did not approve of her son’s friend who she had never met she wanted to hide her true feelings about a foreigner invading their Christmas celebration. She also thought to herself, ‘that poor Chinaman that has to rent out rooms in order to survive, he certainly deserves some happiness at Christmas time’.

A week later Owen visited Halle’s, Cleveland’s upscale department store, and purchased a light blue cashmere sweater, button down blue shirt and paisley tie as a gift from his parents to Lee. While he would not tell Lee what he was receiving from the parents he did suggest that he give them presents. He offered to help Lee select gifts but his friend said he would find something nice on his own.

Two days before Christmas Owen’s father was surprised as he looked out the window when he heard a car pulling into the driveway and saw his son and the Asian man get out of the Porsche. His wife had convinced him that they would be hosting a down and out Chinaman. He went out to the driveway and welcomed his son and guest. Wiping her hands on her apron mother welcomed Lee with a false sense of politeness. They carried their bags up stairs where Owen would sleep in his childhood bedroom and Lee in the now married older brother’s former bedroom. When they returned downstairs mother stated that she had forgotten to buy butter and needed a pound. Lee immediately announced, “Since my car is blocking the driveway why don’t we take it to the supermarket. Mr. Ramsay, if you do not mind, you can take my car. I’ll ride along and show you its unique features.” Owen had told Lee his father was a car buff and would be impressed with the Porsche. Owen did not expect Lee would hand his father the keys but was not surprised when he did. As the two went out the front door Owen knew his lover would charm father.

Stuck home with his mother, Owen was forced to listen to her endless gossip. One comment did interest him. Ida Mae Higgenlooper, the church organist, had broken her wrist and would not be able to play at the Christmas Eve service. Mother was saddened that the only music would be from the out of tune piano played by the ‘not very talented’ wife of the minister. Owen had an idea that he would discuss with Lee as soon as he returned.

Mother then became concerned. Father and Lee had been gone more than a half hour to just simply pick up a pound of butter at the small corner grocery store. Owen tried to placate his mother explaining that father had probably convinced Lee to go on a longer excursion. He would not be surprised if they were racing down the recently opened I-75 interstate highway. When they retuned almost forty minutes after going out for butter father was exhilarated as he had driven the Porsche on a section of I-75 as Owen had predicted.

Owen took Lee aside and told him about the problem concerning the organ at the Christmas Eve service the following evening. After Easter, this was the highest attended service at the Methodist Church. Owen asked Lee if he thought he would be able to step in and play the organ. Lee was both hesitant and intrigued. While he was an accomplished pianist his only organ experience had been in a class he had taken at Oberlin College five years earlier. He also had never attended a Christian service so would have no idea what to do. Owen assured him that he would sit next to him acting as a page turner and guide through the service. Knowing his mother’s attitude about the ‘Chinaman’ Owen decided to call and discuss the possibility of Lee playing with Reverend Ames prior to getting his mother’s opinion. Owen called and explained Lee’s background in music but did not mention he was a Chinese Buddhist who had never attended a Christian church service. Reverend Ames was very receptive to the possibility and suggested they meet at the church in thirty minutes. Lee would be introduced to the organ and given the music for the following day’s service. Owen told his parents they had arranged a meeting with the Reverend to discuss the possibility of Lee playing at the Christmas Eve service. Mother was speechless, which was rare, as they left the house.

Revered Ames showed no surprise about Lee’s ethnicity. Lee explained that while he played the piano daily he had not touched an organ since his class five years earlier. The Reverend laughed saying, “Hopefully it is like learning to ride a bike. Once you learn you never forget.” Lee sat at the organ and was soon playing scales while familiarizing himself with the two keyboards, stops and foot pedals. Within ten minutes it was obvious he would be able to play the melodies of the Christmas Carols. The Reverend had no clue that Lee had never sung a carol and that his only familiarity with them was hearing them on the radio and his participation on the piano in two Christmas concerts while a student. The Reverend was happy that Lee would be able to perform. He told the boys he needed to leave to meet with a parishioner and gave Owen keys to the church and music room telling them to stay as long as they pleased. Lee was enthralled playing this new instrument. For an hour he played every carol, the anthem and other music of the service. The next morning, Christmas Eve, they returned to the church and met with the choir director. She was impressed with the musical skills of this young man. While not saying it directly she implied that his skill was superior to that of the regular organist.

On Christmas Eve as the congregation entered the nave they noticed the haunting beauty of the music. Lee’s performance was flawless. Following the service he was surrounded by well wishers, especially members of the choir. Ida Mae Higgenlooper, the regular organist, congratulated Lee on a superb performance. She told him she wished he was available to give her lessons after her hand healed. Mother was delighted as her friends praised the talent of her house guest.

When most had departed Owen told Reverend Ames, “We have a confession to make. Lee is a Buddhist, this was the first Christian service he has ever attended and some of the carols we sang he had never heard before.”

The Reverend laughed, “Obviously Lee is a very talented young man. The Lord brought him here when we needed him. Well, the Lord sure works in strange ways. The Church thanks both of you for your contribution.”

 

Christmas morning Lee and the family (Father, Mother, Sally, Owen) gathered around the tree and opened presents. Upon their arrival two days earlier when Owen had handed Lee’s gift to his mother she was unhappy, but held her tongue, when she saw the price tag on the expensive gift her son had selected for the Chinaman that she was wrapping and giving. By Christmas morning that thought was forgiven: first by Lee’s performance Christmas Eve and then by the luxurious silk scarf imported from Taiwan she received as a gift from the Chinaman. (A month later while on a shopping trip with lady friends to Toledo Ohio’s most exclusive clothing store she saw the exact same scarf with a price tag that flabbergasted her). Never had she owned such an exquisite accessory. Sally was thrilled when she opened her present from Lee, a similar but smaller scarf. She jumped up and bounded over to the guest thanking him while planting a kiss on his cheek. An embarrassed Lee just said, “You are welcome. My family’s business imported your gifts. My father personally knows the owner of the workshop in Taiwan where the scarfs and ties were made.” Father was impressed with the two imported silk ties from Lee. When Lee opened his gift, the cashmere sweater, shirt and tie, he sincerely thanked the parents for the gift that he knew Owen had selected.

Later that morning Sally announced she was going to visit her boyfriend and show off her gifts. Lee offered to drive her and as they went out the door he was heard asking her if she wanted to drive the Porsche. While she drove she told Lee how happy she was that her brother had found a real friend. She thought they seemed like kindred souls that belonged together. She told him that her parents were oblivious to what she perceived as a close friendship. She was sure they would not understand or share in the happiness. Lee was surprised that she would make such a comment about their friendship. He thanked her for understanding. He then told her he knew she and Owen had a close relationship and that he was happy the big brother had been so willing to mentor her on ‘life’ and make sure she was prepared. She laughed as she said, “I assume he told you he kept me supplied in rubbers just in case. Well, I certainly don’t see my mother or father being so liberal or willing to discuss life.” When the Porsche pulled into the driveway of the boyfriend’s parents he was stunned as he saw his sweetheart exit the driver’s seat. All Lee could think about as he was introduced to this tall, lanky guy was his rolling a rubber onto a tall, lanky dick.

Meanwhile back home Owen was sitting in the living room while Father helped Mother complete preparations for Christmas dinner. He heard Father telling her what an impressive man Lee was and how fortunate it was that Owen had him as a friend. He told her that on their earlier drive Lee had told his background. “His parents had immigrated to the USA twenty-two years ago when he was three. They were poor but were able to come to our country with the help of his father’s brother who lived in Cleveland. Everyone, including the brother and his family, was poor. The two families lived in a crowded tenement on Cleveland’s east side. His father and uncle worked long hours in a warehouse. They started a small business importing trinkets from Taiwan and selling them first at events such as parades and later to stores. The business grew until today they employ twenty-five people and have one of the largest import businesses in the area. They no longer live in a tenement but in a Pepper Pike which is one of Cleveland’s most affluent suburbs. Lee, who is fluent in Chinese, oversees the packaging of goods to be shipped to customers. Soon he will have a position that requires travel both to customers in the USA and suppliers in Taiwan. He told me he was thrilled to have found a roommate who he could trust to manage his home when he traveled. And best of all he is a diehard Indians (Cleveland baseball team) fan. He was quoting statistics that I did not remember. His company has box seats and he told me I was welcome to use them. Hopefully he will encourage Owen to follow the team.”

Owen’s older brother’s family arrived for gift exchange and Christmas dinner. With a houseful of family including two rambunctious grandsons Mother was no longer preoccupied with Owen and Lee. They departed for their home in Cleveland soon after dessert was served.

Arriving at their apartment they found an envelope slid under the door. It contained an invitation to a New Year’s Eve party at the home of Roland and Alex. They were confused since neither knew a Roland or Alex. Attached to the invitation was a note: ‘When I told Roland and Alex about our new friends they wanted to invite you to their New Year’s Eve party. This man only party is both elegant and fun’. Signed / Vlad & Aiden.

Copyright © 2017 Tallguyct; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think the way that Owen told his mother that he was bringing his friend and landlord to spend Christmas with him and his family. Owen’s mother wanted to know why Lee wasn’t spending the holiday with his family Owen said that Lee’s family didn’t celebrate the holiday due to the fact that they were Chinese and Buddhist. When Owen and Lee arrived at Owen’s parents home two days before Christmas they were welcomed by everyone and then his mother said she had forgotten to get butter and asked his dad if he would go to the corner store to get a small package Lee spoke up and said that since his car was blocking the driveway they would take his car. Owen had told Lee that his father was a car buff and would jump at the chance to drive Lee’s car. When Lee had suggested that they would take his car and that if Owen’s dad wanted to he could drive. While Lee and Owen’s dad left Owen’s mom was gossiping about anything and everything, she mentioned that the regular organist had broken her wrist so she wouldn’t be able to play the organ for the Christmas Eve service. Owen came up with an idea that he would talk to Lee about as he was an accomplished pianist. Owen asked Lee if he could play the organ and he said that he hadn’t played one since college five years ago, Lee also said that he might be able to play the organ for the service. Owen called the pastor and asked if Lee could fill in as a guest organist, he also said that Lee hadn’t played the organ for 5 years to which the pastor replied that he hoped it was like riding a bike once you learn how you never forget. The pastor told Owen and Lee he would meet them at the church in a half hour, when they arrived introductions were made and the pastor gave Lee all of the music he would be playing for the service, Lee went to the organ so he could familiarize himself with the organ. When he sat down he started playing scales to familiarize himself with the organ, and soon he was playing the music for the service, the pastor stated that he had to go meet with a parishioner and he gave the keys to the church to Owen and said to lock up when they were done. The next morning Owen and Lee went to the church and met with the choir director who was impressed with Lee’s ability with the organ. After the service Owen told the pastor that this was the first time Lee has ever been to a Christian service as he is Buddhist. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..