Jump to content
    thecalimack
  • Author
  • 727 Words
  • 570 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Me This - 2. Prompt 448 - What Did He Just Say

This prompt follows the story "What's Real To Me". I recommend you read it, but you don't need it to follow much of the story here. It's just a response to this prompt (click to view forum post).

Anyway, follow me and enjoy!

"What did he just say?"
 
Noel looked up from his book and saw Nathan braced on their table in the booth, ready to launch himself at the offender. "Let it go, Nathan. He just called us faggots."
 
"No one calls my boy a faggot." Nathan gritted his teeth. As an off-duty Marine, he didn't take that kind of shit from anybody. That wasn't an affectionate 'faggot' call; it was a hiss, a derisive remark that would earn the poor bastard a new set of dentures. "Babe, wait here. I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind!"
 
"Don't," Noel argued, calmly but urgently. He had a hand on Nathan's right away. "Let it go. You don't want homicide or civilian brutality to go on your record."
 
Nathan seethed but sat back in his chair, grumbling. "Dammit, I hate it when you're right."
 
"Besides, there's too many people. I'd hate for you to get in trouble." Noel offered a peaceful smile. Nathan felt some of his anger ebb away. He could always count on Noel to be a voice of reason. "I'll get us some glasses of water while we wait, yeah?"
 
"Can't we just wait for the waitress?"
 
"She's handling a cuddly couple on the other end of the diner. It'll take too long. Besides, there's a serve yourself counter." Noel gestured to the condiments section where a pitcher of water laid in wait with paper cups. "I'm parched. I'll go get us some water."
 
 
Noel stood up and strode to the condiments section. He was filling up two glasses when he felt a hand grab on his wrist. He looked up beside him and saw it was their rude commentator. "Faggots don't get free drinks."
 
Noel's face warped into fear, and before the offender snickered, Noel pulled out a tazer and electrocuted his attacker. The man screeched, but Noel kept the taser firmly planted on the poor sap's body until he twitched and laid quietly, limp. Noel gasped and panted before wailing in tears. Nathan ran for his boyfriend while the diner's security escorted the man away, having seen the tnire thing.
 
After the assurance that things were fine and they could leave, Nathan hurried Noel out of the diner, holding him close as Noel whimpered. But once they were some ways away, he noticed Noel shaking.
 
It took a moment for Nathan to realize that Noel was giggling.
 
"Noel?"
 
Noel grinned wryly and stood up straight. "Well, that was fun!"
 
The idea then hit him; Noel feigned being sensitive and scared. He played everyone in the bar, but not without good reason. The thought was as ingenious as it was horrifying. Noel got public sympathy to get away quietly. "Holy shit, you little sneak! I didn't know you had it in you."
 
"Well, it's not an everyday thing, but it felt like an emergency. I swear, the guy gave me indian burn." Noel rubbed his wrist for effect. "And we missed dinner. Where should we eat?"
 
"First, tell me where you learned to do that?"
 
"Chris, and years of just surviving."
 
Nathan wasn't sure who Chris was, and Noel never evaluated. But the man seemed to be a very constant father figure. And the fact Noel mentioned those 'years of surviving' made him wonder. "Did this Chris help you through all those years?"
 
"He was always there, in a way. Taught me a few tricks," Noel admitted graciously. "We should eat soon. I think I really would fall over from hunger. My stomach hurts."
 
"Ah, there's a nearby Korean place, isn't there?"
 
"Korilla Barbeque? Oh, I haven't treated myself to one of those in ages."
 
"And you still won't; it's my treat," Nathan assured him. Noel fought hard to fight his smile. "Hey, you were a sneaky little bastard. Bet you could've done espionage or something."
 
"I've done some freelancing," Noel hummed. "Simple old school stalker shit. Nothing major. No one ever notices me, anyway. People just look over or past me. Tends to be handy."
 
The thought of Noel being ignored was just sad for Nathan, but he'd talk to him about that another time. "Right. Let's get you some meat. Then we'll go grab desserts somewhere."
Just tell me what you think in the reviews.
And also, if you enjoyed, leave a like and follow the author.

I write fluff and angst.

Copyright © 2016 thecalimack; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

It was nice to see Noel and Nathan together. The tazing seems a bit extreme, but it's always nice to see bullies get their comeuppance. I hope you write more about these guys. :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..