Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 865 Words
  • 6,205 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tuesday Staff Meetings - 1. Seth's Dilemma

Our staff meeting generally landed on the first Tuesday of every month. Any kind of rescheduling resulted in making the receptionist feel as if she had to juggle balls as she attempted to rope every department head in on the same day, a nearly impossible task. I, Seth Slater, was the assistant to one of the department heads. The best one, if you asked my opinion. The woman was wise, humorous, and rarely judged others.

She was also so laid back that the some of the employees secretly referred to her as ‘The Hippie.’ They had names for all the department heads. The Irish Temper, The Tycoon, The Overachiever, The Flower, The Mouse, and Nearly St. Nick. Only half of the department heads had assistants to call their own. Though it took me a few months per person, I managed to get along with most of them.

One of the other assistants had a fifty-fifty chance of either impressing me or aggravating the daylights out of me. His name was Liam. He was the kind of person that had a blinding personality. Over-confident, over-friendly, over-energetic…and overly-annoying, if you asked me. Don’t get me wrong, he had his moments. Anyone could clearly see that he was a born leader and would take over his department head’s position seamlessly when his boss retired. But, he was also lazy when it came to documenting, always charming his way around the office asking others to do his paperwork for him. Those kinds of charms never worked on me. We had worked together on a few projects before, and he pulled his own weight each time.

The staff meeting for that Tuesday had butterflies squirming around in my stomach in pure nerves. My department head, and the best boss I ever had, was going to retire. That meant that, if everything went well, I would take over her position. It was what I had been groomed and trained for over the past five years that I had worked with her and the company. I had the perfect suit set aside for the meeting. The suit jacket and pants were a dark grey with softer gray pinstripes. The button shirt was a dark teal and the tie was black. The pants were always a little tight, due to my ample backside, but I’ve had the same issue with the majority of my work pants.

I had on my favorite pair of boxers, not that I believed them lucky or anything. They were black with printed pokeballs everywhere. Stop judging me, they gave me confidence. Speaking of confidence, I was all but brimming with it when I entered the building. The butterflies were still there, but they were dwarfed by the feeling of accomplishment and progress. This was bound to one of the best meetings of my career. The receptionist reminded me that the meeting would be held in fifteen minutes. I flashed her a smile and thanked her and then walked over to my office. I quickly grabbed the notepad and clipboard that I always used for the staff meetings, but my comfort-grip pen slid off its holder onto the floor. With a soft curse, I bent down to get it and was mortified by a ripping sound.

But, that particular mortification was nothing compared to the low whistle that I heard from behind me.

“Flashing your pokeballs? Are you trying to ‘catch’ me, Seth?”

I let out a low groan as I stood back up and turned around to face Liam, my face burning with shame. “This isn’t funny, Liam!” I hissed, forcibly keeping my tears at bay. “Why do these kinds of things keep happening to me during the worst of times?” My mind was racing as I tried to think of what to do. My gym bag had a spare set of shorts and sweatpants, but that was most definitely not suitable for a staff meeting. Maybe if I wrapped the arms of my jacket around my waist? That’d probably draw more attention than the rip!

“Hey, hey,” Liam called out in a rare soft tone of voice. “Calm down. I actually have a spare set of pants that you might be able to pull off. Granted, they’re not…”

“I’ll take them!” I responded unflinchingly.

An expression of slight shock formed on Liam’s face before he rubbed the back of his neck. “Alright…if you’re sure.” He conceded.

Ten minutes later, my face was still slightly flushed as I walked into the conference room and took a seat next to my boss.

“Wow, nice bold statement there, Seth. Didn’t know you had it in you.” She teased in a whisper.

“This day couldn’t end fast enough,” I grumbled under my breath as I pointedly tried to ignore the smug and salacious expression on Liam’s face. Just who the hell kept a spare pair of leather pants in their office?

The other department heads and their assistants filed in and the staff meeting finally began. On the one hand, I was grateful to Liam. On the other hand, I was still quite mortified at the stray thought that he somehow managed to get me into his pants.

Spawned from Prompt #470 by Cia - Today is the big day for you. Everything seems to be going well until you dropped your pen, bend over, and your pants split. With your meeting about to start what pants are you now forced to wear?
Copyright © 2017 Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 2
  • Haha 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

LOL, even I know what pokeballs are, having gifted enough of them to the kids of friends and relatives. But how embarrassing to rip your pants before such an important meeting. :facepalm: And you didn't tell us whether he got the job. :o

Link to comment
On 03/11/2017 03:49 AM, Timothy M. said:

LOL, even I know what pokeballs are, having gifted enough of them to the kids of friends and relatives. But how embarrassing to rip your pants before such an important meeting. :facepalm: And you didn't tell us whether he got the job. :o

Ha ha ha! I might continue this as a chaptered story if anyone's interested enough. And pokeballs are red and white balls that players use to catch Pokemon in handheld and cellphone games. Seth's undies looked like this- http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/m/mQ1NS717CPnMGkbJPKzWkkQ/s-l225.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/03/2017 at 4:49 PM, Timothy M. said:

But how embarrassing to rip your pants before such an important meeting. :facepalm: And you didn't tell us whether he got the job. :o

 

Yes, indeed. You rather left us hanging. Glad to see there's another installment. I'm off to read it and see if any of my questions are answered. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hi I love ❤️ your writing style. I will definitely keep my eyes open for future chapters. Thank you for sharing it with us ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 4/4/2017 at 3:17 PM, northie said:

 

Yes, indeed. You rather left us hanging. Glad to see there's another installment. I'm off to read it and see if any of my questions are answered. :)

That was unintentional, as this was meant to be a one shot for the prompt. But, we'll definitely find out more about these guys as we go along!

Link to comment
17 hours ago, Smoothie said:

Hi I love ❤️ your writing style. I will definitely keep my eyes open for future chapters. Thank you for sharing it with us ?

Many thanks for reading and commenting! I hope that you continue to enjoy it until the end.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

LOL What a day to rip your pants! And I'm not sure about leather pants, as few people can pull them off (or on...), but it's better than flashing everyone. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 4/11/2017 at 1:32 PM, BlindAmbition said:

 I just love the playful description in the story. Made me smile!

 

Absolutely worth it if it brought a smile to your face! It's what I aim for. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 4/20/2017 at 3:27 PM, Puppilull said:

LOL What a day to rip your pants! And I'm not sure about leather pants, as few people can pull them off (or on...), but it's better than flashing everyone. 

 

Exactly! That's why Seth felt compelled to wear them in the first place. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..