Jump to content
    Thorn Wilde
    • Author
  • 496 Words
  • 658 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompts in the Wilde - 1. Statue

a href="http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/37599-prompt-260/">Prompt 260. My first attempt at one of these. Just a drabble, really. Replaced 'flash light' with 'torch', because I don't say 'flash light'. ;)

‘That’s . . . That’s a nice statue.’ Ollie glances up at the thing.

‘Yup, that’s . . . art. Definitely art,’ Dennis agrees. ‘Very . . . anatomically correct. Not that I’m deeply familiar with, you know, that.’

The nude statue stands seven feet tall. Ollie vaguely thinks that the breasts alone must weigh a tonne. It’s a marble monstrosity with long hair and lidded eyes and pursed lips. It’s hard to look away, really. Ollie tears away his gaze all the same and glances at his watch. It’s just gone five.

‘Tell me why we’re here again?’ he asks Dennis.

‘Because art! Culture! We need culture!’ Dennis insists.

‘I get culture . . .’

‘Football and sitcoms do not count as culture, Ollie.’

Ollie sighs and looks around. The British Museum will be closing soon. That at least is a blessing. He likes history and all, and the sarcophagi with the mummies were cool, but there are limits to how many naked statues he can look at in a day and still find it interesting. Dennis is a geek for this stuff, though.

He’s had a good week with Dennis in London. They’ve done all the touristy stuff; Madame Tussaud’s, the Planetarium (Ollie enjoyed that the most), Dungeon, Tower, Kew Gardens . . . Yesterday he stepped on a broken bottle in St. James’s Park and cracked the sole of his shoe. He has a plane ticket back to Edinburgh tomorrow. How weird is it that it’s cheaper to fly than to take a bloody train now?

Dennis is leafing through a pamphlet, trying to find out if there’s anything left to see. Ollie looks at him and smiles. He looks so cute, eagerly studying the page, lips tight together in concentration.

Ollie grabs his hand and pulls him behind the statue to wild protests. Then he presses him up against the wall (there’s not enough room not to) and kisses him, and Dennis’s objections die. Ollie ignores the voice saying, ‘The museum will be closing in fifteen minutes,’ over the PA. Dennis’s lips are soft and his breath is warm, and this is much more fun than a few broken vases and crumbling statues.

He doesn’t know how long they’ve been standing there when footsteps echo down the corridor, and then someone’s shining a torch at them.

‘Oi! What are you still doing here?’ The security guard speaks in a gruff voice and looks deeply annoyed. ‘Museum’s closing. Go on, get out of here!’

Dennis is blushing. Ollie knows he should feel embarrassed, but at the moment he just feels giddy. He takes Dennis by the hand. ‘Sorry mate,’ he tells the guard. ‘We’ll get out of your way.’

It’s raining outside. Ollie steps in a puddle and cool rain water seeps into his broken shoe. It’s all right, though. The tube’s not far.

‘Back to your place, then?’ he asks Dennis, squeezing his hand.

Dennis smiles. ‘Yeah, all right.’

Copyright © 2013 Thorn Wilde; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..