Jump to content
    Thorn Wilde
    • Author
  • 2,887 Words
  • 1,916 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Sex, Booze & Consequences - 2. Jacob

He thinks it’s his asthma flaring up, the first time. He can’t breathe, feels as though his throat and chest are constricted, like he’s choking, and it scares him so much that he starts sobbing. His flatmate, Darren (who is fantastically straight, thank fuck, so there’s never been any sexual tension) takes him to A&E, where they inform him that, no, this is not an asthma attack.

Ironically, his GP informs him, one of the things that might have helped his anxiety is cigarettes. But, of course, Jacob quit smoking several months ago, at her urging. He catches himself licking his lips, chewing the ends of pens, even more frequently than he used to. He smoked just as much for something to put in his mouth as for anything else. And he doesn’t like chewing gum.

Instead, she prescribes him meditation techniques. Breathing exercises and the like. Jacob tries to do them, at first, but he feels like such a fucking idiot even just trying, so in the end he gives up. She also prescribes him medication, which he outright refuses to take. He agrees to see a shrink every other week, though. For all the good that does him.

In the end, he takes to drinking, and bringing home even more strange men than usual. Darren worries about him, enough that he calls Jacob’s sister Elinor, who calls Jacob and asks him if he’s quite all right and if he needs anything.

‘You know you can talk to me,’ she tries. ‘Whatever’s going on, I . . . You’re my brother. I want to help you.’

‘I know, Ellie. I’m fine, really. I promise.’

‘Darren says you’ve been missing work.’

‘Darren should learn to mind his own fucking business . . . I’m still meeting my deadlines.’

Elinor sighs loudly. ‘Look, Jacob, just come round next weekend, yeah? Gemma misses you.’

After some persuasion, Jacob agrees, and the next weekend he hops a train down to where Elinor lives now, with her husband Noel and their two kids. Gemma is nearly three, and talks up a storm, stuttering a bit because she just has too much to say and her tongue can’t keep up, while Jamie is just a baby still. Jacob likes being an uncle more than he thought he would. He wonders if that means he’s a grown up now. The thought scares him. Pop culture tells him thirty is like fifty in gay years.

When the kiddles are asleep and Noel is in the shower, Elinor sits Jacob down in the garden with a cup of tea. It’s a little bit chilly. She covers them both in blankets.

‘Things aren’t quite right with you, are they?’ she asks kindly.

Jacob scoffs and takes a sip of his tea. ‘Things are never quite fucking right with me,’ he admits. ‘Talking to this shrink . . .’ He shakes his head and grimaces. ‘I sort of realise how fucked up I am, you know? And that stresses me out, so I kind of just ignore it. Do what I’ve always done, just . . . More of it.’

She nods, slowly, and looks thoughtful. ‘You were okay for a while,’ she says at last. ‘Not any more normal, perhaps, but,’ she seems to search for the word, meets his eye, ‘happy. Years ago, now. While we were both still living at home. When you were at uni.’

Jacob smiles in spite of himself. ‘I was, wasn’t I?’

‘You haven’t really been happy, since. You put on your smile and you act like a human being when you have to, but . . . You’re my brother, Jacob. I know when things aren’t right.’

‘Yeah.’

It doesn’t occur to him just then how everything correlates. It won’t occur to him until much later, when it’s too late to change the events that are to follow, why he does what he does. That the time when he was happy was a direct result of what, or rather whom he was doing at the time, and not the other way around.

 

 * * *

 

Another night, another club. It’s him again. His name is Cecil, which is a stupid name, Jacob thinks. They’ve shagged three times now. Last time, they went back to Cecil’s flat. Jacob doesn’t really like going home with the guys he fucks. He’d much rather just get off in the club, if he can, or he takes them to his place, where Darren’s next door and Jacob can kick his one night stand out and go back to sleep in the morning. Cecil was persistent, though, and Jacob was very drunk, and anyway, Cecil is somewhat better than the usual rabble. He does what he’s told, and he doesn’t know his own strength, bless him, which is a good thing. He’s a gentle giant, six feet tall with blue eyes and a pale blonde buzz-cut, and a lot more buff than Jacob usually finds attractive. But he’s useful, does the job right. Or as right as anyone has, so far. Anyone who wasn’t—

Jacob shakes the thought from his head. Wrong time. Wrong place. He drains his cocktail. The beer in these places is always shit.

He lets Cecil go home with him. Lets him shag him silly. He even lets him stay in the morning. They eat waffles and drink orange juice and coffee, and it’s all horribly domestic and sweet. It’s not until they’re standing in the hall, though, Jacob in his pants and an open dressing gown and Cecil fully dressed and ready to leave, and Cecil kisses him gently on the lips and says he’ll call him, that Jacob realises what’s going on. Cecil doesn’t think they’re just fucking. Cecil thinks he’s about to become Jacob’s boyfriend.

He’s gone before Jacob has time to say anything, and proceeds to send him cutesie texts all week. Jacob wonders what he might have said to Cecil, in those fuzzy moments between drunkenness and hangover, after (truly rather amazing) sex, high on endorphins, that could have encouraged this.

When Jacob elects to stay home and read instead of going out to the club the next weekend, suddenly Cecil is there, banging on his door. Jacob refuses to open at first, but Darren tells him in no uncertain terms that if he doesn’t, Darren will let him in himself and he doesn’t care what happens, this is Jacob’s problem.

So he goes to the door, and he lets Cecil in, and the great big lump is actually sobbing, and hugs him.

‘Oh, for fuck’s sake . . . Cecil, get off!’ Jacob’s always been stronger than he looks, and could always hold his own against bullies twice his size. Now he pushes Cecil away and glares at him. ‘What the hell do you want?’

‘I . . . I was worried. You didn’t answer my texts, and you didn’t turn up at the club. Thought . . . Thought something might have happened to you.’

Jacob rolls his eyes. ‘Christ, Cecil . . . You know we’re just shagging, yeah? I mean, four measly fucks does not a boyfriend make!’

‘I don’t think they were so very measly.’ Cecil looks hurt, and if Jacob were a better man this might have inspired pity. Instead it just makes him angry.

‘Oh, piss off! I just wanted someone to fuck, all right? I don’t want a relationship with you, and don’t tell me you feel the same way because those puppy eyes of yours are telling me different.’

Cecil’s puppy eyes seem to darken, then. ‘You felt something,’ he says softly. ‘I know you did.’ He clenches his fists.

‘Yeah. It’s called an orgasm. And it was a good one, don’t get me wrong, but coming isn’t the same as loving, mate. So, let’s just call it quits, yeah?’

‘No!’ Cecil’s sudden outburst takes Jacob by surprise. ‘I won’t accept that!’ And then he’s on him, kissing him, hard, and pushing him up against the wall, hands now working on his belt.

Jacob likes being hurt. He likes surrendering control, being royally fucked in the literal sense. He likes feeling used while knowing that at any second he can say stop, and they will stop.

This is not like that, and with Cecil’s tongue in his mouth and his body pressed against him, Jacob’s throat closes up and he can’t breathe. He’s panicking again.

Darren’s voice seems to come from far away. ‘Oi, keep your kinky games in the bedroom!’ Then, ‘Jacob? Hey, you, get the fuck off him!’

There’s a brief scuffle, and then Jacob is sinking down to the floor, shaking. Cecil is standing several steps back, staring at him with a look of wide-eyed shock. ‘I’m . . . Oh, God, Jesus, I’m sorry!’ He tries to get to his knees, to touch Jacob, but Darren puts a firm hand on his shoulder.

‘I think you’d better go, mate,’ he says icily. ‘Go on, off you fuck.’

Cecil vanishes rather quickly, and Jacob’s lungs seem to clear. Darren’s at his side now, rubbing soothing circles into his back.

‘I swear, Jacob, you’re one of the smartest people I know, but you can be such a stupid fuck. Come on.’ He pulls Jacob gently to his feet, and right then Jacob could kiss him. He doesn’t. Instead he puts his arms around him and hugs him, sobbing into his shoulder. It’s not part of their usual rapport. They’ll probably never do it again, at least not while one or both of them is sober, but Darren hugs him back. ‘Hey, it’s okay. Just . . . I’ll put the kettle on. Okay?’

 

* * *

 

Jacob has a few more random blokes in the next couple of years. No more than he can count on one hand, though. Instead he throws himself into his work, and begins in earnest to work on the novel he’s been thinking about for years.

In the months leading up to meeting Marcus again, Jacob is pretty much celibate, and that makes their reunion all the sweeter. For the first time in years, he feels properly alive again. He feels happy. He feels as though things could actually be all right. But after a wonderful weekend at Marcus’s flat, he’s suddenly swamped in Christmas stuff and book lists and all kinds of shit, and the two only communicate by phone. Then, on Christmas eve, Marcus doesn’t respond even to that, and Jacob knows, feels, that something is deeply wrong.

There are several Mary Allens in Marcus’s area, but Jacob finally gets hold of the right one. No, she says, Marcus isn’t with her. And she’s worried, too.

Jacob doesn’t have a car. He takes the train.

There’s no answer when he rings the doorbell, but the lights are on. A friendly neighbour lets him into the building. He has to break into the flat, which, luckily, is not alarmed. He finds Marcus on the floor, barely conscious, and almost panics again.

‘Fuck, fuck, fuck! What have you done, you fucking twat? Jesus!’ He gets to his knees, trying very hard not to totally lose his shit.

Marcus is pale and cold, and at first Jacob thinks he’s not breathing, but then he stirs and moans incoherently. He smells like booze.

The skinny fuck can be heavy when he wants to be. Jacob half drags, half carries him into the bathroom and holds his head over the toilet bowl. Marcus doesn’t vomit of his own accord, so, hissing abuse at the dumb cunt in his arms, Jacob sticks two fingers down his throat and lets his gag reflex take care of the rest. Then he takes most of his clothes off and gets him into bed.

When Marcus comes to, Jacob is so angry, and so relieved, that he says the words he never thought he’d say to anyone ever. Then he crawls into bed with him, wraps his arms around him, and they go to sleep.

 

* * *

 

When Jacob wakes up, a few hours later, Marcus is sleeping soundly. Not the heavy, deadened sleep of the drunk, but a normal, peaceful, undisturbed slumber. His breathing is even and his expression mild and untroubled. Jacob hates him for a moment, and then lies there for several minutes, just looking at him and loving him unreservedly.

He goes to piss, and when he returns, Marcus is awake.

‘Morning,’ Jacob tells him.

‘Merry Christmas,’ Marcus replies sheepishly. He groans and rubs his eyes, sitting up slightly. ‘I’m sorry.’

Jacob shrugs. ‘Water under the bridge, mate.’

‘Yeah. Still.’

‘How are you feeling?’

Marcus yawns, running his fingers through his hair and blinking a few times. ‘Better than I have any fucking right to,’ he says finally. ‘My head doesn’t even hurt . . .’

Jacob crawls back into bed, brushing back the hair from Marcus’s forehead and looking into his green eyes.

‘You ever do that to me again, I’ll beat you so hard your dad will be able to feel it in Hell, got it?’ Then he kisses him. Marcus’s breath could make a skunk faint, but Jacob doesn’t care just then. ‘Now, if you don’t mind, you fucking owe me. So I’d like you to fuck me blind, and then we can start talking about what we can do so nothing like this ever happens again.’

‘Yeah, just let me go piss first. And brush my teeth.’ Marcus grimaces. ‘Tastes like something died in there.’

‘Yeah, whatever was left of your fucking dignity.’

It’s slow, and way too fucking gentle, but Jacob doesn’t really mind, because it’s Marcus, and now he wraps his entire body around him and makes him feel, in exactly the way no one else ever could. Jacob thinks, for the first time, that maybe it’s not the pain he needs so badly. Maybe it’s just Marcus.

When Marcus comes, he’s panting, and he has his forehead pressed against Jacob’s and his eyes shoot open, staring Jacob down, green fire burning in his skull. ‘Jacob . . . Fuck!

Even if Marcus hadn’t been stroking his cock just then, Jacob thinks the sight would have been enough to set him off, and he comes as well, with a long, drawn out whine.

Marcus collapses on top of him and laughs. ‘Oh, fuck . . . Jacob, I—’

‘Shut up! Don’t fucking laugh at me!’ Jacob glares at him.

‘Oh, for fuck’s sake, just let me . . .’ Marcus strokes Jacob’s cheek and looks down at him, smiling fondly. ‘Come on, just let me say it while I’m sober. Thank you. For caring enough to do this. Really, I just . . . I love you.’

There’s a long silence. Jacob’s aware that his own tongue flicks out of his mouth and runs across his lips in a nervous gesture, but he doesn’t look away. His heart is pounding. Last night he was angry, and terrified, and so relieved. Now he’s meant to be calm, high on orgasmic endorphins, mellow and boneless. So how come his chest hurts? How come he feels like he might panic again?

He pulls a few shaky, shallow breaths, and Marcus looks concerned. ‘Is it your asthma?’

Jacob shakes his head. ‘No, I’m okay, I’m—’ He pauses, takes another, deeper breath and finds that it reaches his lungs just fine. ‘I’m fucking okay,’ he says. ‘I’m . . . I love you.’ He surprises even himself by saying it, and smiles faintly. ‘Fuck, I . . . I’m sorry it’s taken me so fucking long. I’m a twat.’

‘Yeah. You are.’ But Marcus is smiling as he says it, and he leans down and kisses Jacob gently on the lips. ‘But you’re my twat.’

Jacob laughs. ‘Wow. Seriously? That’s just about the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.’

‘Good. I’m so fucking beyond caring.’ Marcus bites his neck possessively. ‘Mine,’ he states again.

‘Fine. Whatever.’ Jacob shakes his head. Then he pulls Marcus down on top of him and kisses him. ‘Yours,’ he whispers into his lover’s mouth. If Marcus actually hears him, he doesn’t let on.

‘I’ve got Meg next weekend,’ says Marcus, when they’re lying side by side some minutes later.

‘Oh. I guess . . . Guess I’ll see you the weekend after, then?’

‘If . . . If you want, you could . . .’ Marcus rubs his scalp distractedly and looks away. ‘You could come and meet her.’

Jacob blinks. ‘Are you serious?’

‘Yeah. If you want.’ Marcus looks at him hesitantly. ‘Do you?’

‘Fuck, yeah!’ Jacob grins. ‘Of course I want to meet your spawn!’

‘Yeah, rule number one? Don’t call her “spawn”.’

‘Offspring?’ Jacob tries.

Marcus pinches Jacob’s arm. ‘Get fucked. That’s just a terrible band.’

‘Piss off, Offspring were amazing!’ Jacob thinks for a moment. ‘Mini-Marcus?’

Marcus let’s out a short laugh. ‘She’s a fucking girl!’

‘So, Babydoll? Cutiepie?’

‘God, no, that’s sexist. And while we’re at it, stop saying “like a girl” like that’s a bad thing.’

‘Look at you, Mr. Feminism!’ Jacob props himself up on his elbow and looks down at Marcus’s face with a smile. ‘Jesus, Marc. You, with a little girl . . . Can’t wait to meet her.’

Copyright © 2013 Thorn Wilde; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I don't think I've heard Jacob refer to Marcus as Marc before, so when I read that in the last sentence, I thought you made a mistake by writing the other Marc...but then I realized his name is spelled Mark, not Marc.

 

Anyway...I'm a little confused b/c at the end of the last chapter, didn't they pretty much confess to each other that they loved the other? But it was said differently than in this chapter. And last chapter Jacob brings up meeting Meg first, right? And don't they sort of talk about moving in together? Or am I not remembering correctly and jumping the gun? lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/11/2013 11:19 AM, Lisa said:
I don't think I've heard Jacob refer to Marcus as Marc before, so when I read that in the last sentence, I thought you made a mistake by writing the other Marc...but then I realized his name is spelled Mark, not Marc.

 

Anyway...I'm a little confused b/c at the end of the last chapter, didn't they pretty much confess to each other that they loved the other? But it was said differently than in this chapter. And last chapter Jacob brings up meeting Meg first, right? And don't they sort of talk about moving in together? Or am I not remembering correctly and jumping the gun? lol

Well, no. They talk about Jacob coming to visit more often. They don't say anything about moving in together, at all. What's going to happen (and I can say this without really spoiling anything) is that Jacob is going to move to Marcus's town and rent a place of his own for a few months (quitting his job and living off his savings; he's working on that novel after all), and THEN they're gonna start talking about moving in together.

 

In Then Things Happened, Jacob brings up wanting to meet Meg, but Marcus shoots him down, saying that he can't go bringing new people into the life of a three-year-old before he knows for sure what's going to happen between the two of them. After this whole thing, though, they seem pretty solid, so Marcus decides that maybe this is the right time. Jacob is surprised, but happy.

 

As for the confession of love, yes, they did say it, but Jacob said it in the heat of the moment when he was angry and upset, and Marcus may or may not have said it while still very, very drunk. Now they're both sober, both (supposedly) calm, enjoying post-coital bliss. So it becomes a very different situation.

 

Jacob has called Marcus Marc on a couple of previous occasions, back in the Fucking Trilogy days, but perhaps I should establish it a little better as a nickname in the earlier stories before using it again here...

 

Thanks for your comments! They are, as ever appreciated. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Okay I agree, this is slightly more cute than the previous chapter, but also funny and intense. I liekd the spawn of the devil suggestion, and the 'mine' declaration of Marcus, and the fact that Jacob got angry when Marc laughed, because he has probably never seen him just smile and laugh from sheer happiness, it's always been sarcastic and sneering, I guess. And the fact that Marc sleeps so well is a good indication that he needs Jacob in his life and his bed. Suggesting that Jacob meets Meg shows he realizes that too. And won't it be fun when they get together with Jacob's niece, bet those two girls will drive the guys crazy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/12/2013 04:29 AM, Timothy M. said:
Okay I agree, this is slightly more cute than the previous chapter, but also funny and intense. I liekd the spawn of the devil suggestion, and the 'mine' declaration of Marcus, and the fact that Jacob got angry when Marc laughed, because he has probably never seen him just smile and laugh from sheer happiness, it's always been sarcastic and sneering, I guess. And the fact that Marc sleeps so well is a good indication that he needs Jacob in his life and his bed. Suggesting that Jacob meets Meg shows he realizes that too. And won't it be fun when they get together with Jacob's niece, bet those two girls will drive the guys crazy.
Oh, they totally will. ;) Glad you enjoyed the chapter! Jacob and Marcus are finally at the stage where they're willing to admit properly to having actual feelings. Only one story to go now... Might post it tomorrow-ish. Or I might hold off for a while to let people catch up. :P Thank you so much for taking the time to review!
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Now this just made me both sad and happy in turn.

 

I feel sorry for Jacob and the meaningless sexual engagements, one after another till he meets up with a situation that gives him a bit of a shock. He really doesn't have an easy time of it letting himself be loved, does he.

 

I like a feel good chapter as much as anyone else, as long as it isn't too feel good. There is enough angst, uncertainty and humorous moments to keep this and them from falling into the latter direction. Still, it is a testament to your writing of these amazingly difficult and complex characters that I may or may not have dropped a couple of tears in happiness for them. Cheers!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/14/2013 06:03 AM, Ron said:
Now this just made me both sad and happy in turn.

 

I feel sorry for Jacob and the meaningless sexual engagements, one after another till he meets up with a situation that gives him a bit of a shock. He really doesn't have an easy time of it letting himself be loved, does he.

 

I like a feel good chapter as much as anyone else, as long as it isn't too feel good. There is enough angst, uncertainty and humorous moments to keep this and them from falling into the latter direction. Still, it is a testament to your writing of these amazingly difficult and complex characters that I may or may not have dropped a couple of tears in happiness for them. Cheers!

I live for making my readers cry. ;) Thank you! It means the world to know that people appreciate what I do. Thank you so much for all your kind words and support.
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Jacob is a personal disaster without Marcus, and frankly Marcus isn't any better without Jacob. Their love is one of the most redeeming things about them both. Together they are so much more than sum of their sorry romantic lives apart. Really great characters, thanks for sharing them with us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/29/2013 08:33 AM, Miles Long said:
Jacob is a personal disaster without Marcus, and frankly Marcus isn't any better without Jacob. Their love is one of the most redeeming things about them both. Together they are so much more than sum of their sorry romantic lives apart. Really great characters, thanks for sharing them with us.
Aren't they just? It was only meant to be one little short story, and look at what they made me do, the wankers. :P They're obviously made for each other (well, yeah, cause I made them). Thank you for your kind words!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I really enjoyed this b/c I think you stayed true to the characters and the roughness of them, the jagged edges and cracks, but you had them grow up a bit and learn what they had with each other. I think it wasn't cheesy b/c a huge part of their relationship at uni was this inability to express affection or put labels and it was a bit deal for even facial expressions to show how they felt. So, it showed how they both had grown up and lived without one another and the contrast in how they felt was big enough that they finally could put the emotions out there. I think it was really well done. The thing that I may have missed or maybe it could have been clearer, was what sent Marcus into a drunken spiral that night. Usually it was something big that made him that bad. Was it that he hadn't seen Jacob and being without his daughter? Just wondering.

I'd be happy to see more of these guys. Great show here. I think there is one more story I hadn't seen. So, I'm off to check. I missed it somehow...are they still talking to you after that story?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/27/2014 11:41 AM, Cannd said:
I really enjoyed this b/c I think you stayed true to the characters and the roughness of them, the jagged edges and cracks, but you had them grow up a bit and learn what they had with each other. I think it wasn't cheesy b/c a huge part of their relationship at uni was this inability to express affection or put labels and it was a bit deal for even facial expressions to show how they felt. So, it showed how they both had grown up and lived without one another and the contrast in how they felt was big enough that they finally could put the emotions out there. I think it was really well done. The thing that I may have missed or maybe it could have been clearer, was what sent Marcus into a drunken spiral that night. Usually it was something big that made him that bad. Was it that he hadn't seen Jacob and being without his daughter? Just wondering.

I'd be happy to see more of these guys. Great show here. I think there is one more story I hadn't seen. So, I'm off to check. I missed it somehow...are they still talking to you after that story?

When you're depressed, as Marcus is, you don't really need a reason to crash and self-medicate, and Marcus has always been prone to self-medication. It's Christmas, and instead of spending it with his mother, he chooses to wallow in his misery. It's not really as case of simple cause and effect. Rather, it's a case of multiple events leading to lack of self-esteem, inability to cope and thus allowing oneself to fall.

 

There may be a story or two more to come, but I'm not sure yet. They do still talk to me occasionally, and there are definitely little scenes and moments that I know exist and that I haven't shared, but I don't yet know if they're enough to build another story on. So we will see.

 

Thanks for leaving such a long and awesome review! It's always appreciated. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

What i love so much about MJ stories (besides the awesome dialogue) is probably whereas in other stories our main characters face trials and pressures from outside forces, any angst between thses two is usually of their own making. Watching them grow and evolve and finally come to their senses has been both entertaining and rewarding. In RL someone as abrasive as Marcus would make me run a mile, yet reading about him and Jacob, they're easily two of my most favorite people ever. Thanks as always for sharing that incredible gift of yours, always a real pleasure to read your works. :worship:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Goodie said:

What i love so much about MJ stories (besides the awesome dialogue) is probably whereas in other stories our main characters face trials and pressures from outside forces, any angst between thses two is usually of their own making. Watching them grow and evolve and finally come to their senses has been both entertaining and rewarding. In RL someone as abrasive as Marcus would make me run a mile, yet reading about him and Jacob, they're easily two of my most favorite people ever. Thanks as always for sharing that incredible gift of yours, always a real pleasure to read your works. :worship:

Thank you so much! I'm so, so glad you liked it. Yeah, I've always liked character driven stories. Like, not necessarily just character driven, but I like stories where interpersonal relationships and the dynamics between the characters have a significant impact on the plot. Where shit goes wrong because the characters fuck up and where the antagonists are, to an extent, the protagonists themselves, or some aspect of them. If that makes sense. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..