Jump to content

Companionship can be many things 1. Jonne: Family and Friends

   (2 reviews)
Genres: Fantasy
Sub-genres: General Fantasy

Jonne left his home and joined the Guardsmen of Valdemar, partly due to lack of acceptance by his family. His attraction to men turns out to be an advantage when he’s assigned to the handsome Herald-Mage Vanyel Askhevron. His encounter with the dreaded Demon-Slayer prepares Jonne to deal with a minor demon of his past.

Vanyel is the main character in Mercedes Lackey’s three Valdemar books called the Last Herald Mage series. This story relates to the short interlude in Book 2 with Guardsman Jonne, whom Vanyel met during his Border duties of defending Valdemar against their traditional Karsite enemies. Yfandes is Vanyel's Companion (best explained as a white magic horse). Small parts of the book are cited.
Warning: Explicit sex scenes.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Caz Pedroso

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I loved reading this and it led to me checking out the Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey which I am still working my through at this point.

I liked the idea of sentient horses that worked with and protected their riders.

This is very well done in Mercedes Lackey’s style and a very loving and hot read.

A well-written fanfic read

Response from the author:

Thank you, Caz. In some ways it's easier to use a well-established world than to create your own. On the other hand, the challenge then is to be true to the original. I'm so pleased you got introduced to the Valdemar novels, like them, and think this story fits well into the universe.

  • Like 1
Link to review
Brayon

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This story was so well-written, had I not known it was a FanFic, I would have suspected it of being the start of a new series. The world and characters come alive. You feel for the struggle the main character has with his family. Excellent read.

Response from the author:

:blushing: :heart:  Thank you so much, that is high praise indeed. I'm delighted you enjoyed reading this story.

  • Like 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..