Jump to content

The Cardmaker and the Caretaker 1. Viking Valentine

There are currently no reviews.
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: Contemporary Romance

After the death of his parents Patrick is lonely and his life unfulfilled, in spite of being rich and able to indulge in his passion for creating unique art in his card shop in London. He longs for friends and for a romantic relationship, especially while creating Valentine cards. The chance encounter with a handsome Dane and his young son pitches the shy innocent cardmaker headlong into love and changes everything.

This story is dedicated to
Headstall (Gary), the most romantic guy I know at GA;
Kitt, my patient editor, who convinced me to post Patrick's story here;
AC Benus whose support and faith in me as an author keeps me going.
If you’ve come across this story elsewhere, please note I’ve revised and rewritten the text. Mainly to make the story more detailed, but I’ve also changed various minor events and descriptions. Special thanks to Carlos who made me look at Patrick with new eyes.
 
Copyright © 2018 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

It's nice to have another grown-up story to follow. I love the teens but it's nice to have characters I can relate to. I second the thought that Patrick is a bit odd, perhaps eccentric, quirky, unusual but I like him. I am curious to see where this goes. Those "in the know" seem highly favorable.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 2/11/2016 at 4:40 PM, dughlas said:

It's nice to have another grown-up story to follow. I love the teens but it's nice to have characters I can relate to. I second the thought that Patrick is a bit odd, perhaps eccentric, quirky, unusual but I like him. I am curious to see where this goes. Those "in the know" seem highly favorable.

Thank you, dugh, I'm very glad to have you on board, and grateful you spend some of your precious GA time reading and reviewing. :hug: 

I agree with you about relating to adults more than teens. :yes: And yes, Patrick is unusual and a bit quirky, but not too weirdly, I hope.

It's fun to have a mixture of readers with preconceived notions about the story line, and some who are 'virgins' to PPC. I hadn't thought about it beforehand, but now I'm actually enjoying it. :D

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..