Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,873 Words
  • 2,631 Views
  • 23 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 24. Prompt 318 I’ve wanted to do that since … forever.

- with one small change
The second date is a walk in the park - complete with annoying comments. happy.png
An Eric POV chapter

“I’ve wanted to do this since … forever.”

Eric looked at Nelson with a question in his eyes. They were walking in the park behind Rob and Jasper who were discussing the baseball team and various strategies for dealing with any fall-out at Monday night’s practice. Rob still refused to say what had made him hit Chris and Ryan, and he hoped the two guys would keep their mouths shut too. If so, he would pretend nothing was wrong. Jasper wanted to confront them, but promised to follow Rob’s lead.

“I’ve wanted to go for a walk, holding your hand, knowing you’re my boyfriend, and I could kiss you any time I wanted.” Eric couldn’t resist. He pulled the older teen closer and kissed him. It was only a short kiss, but as always the sensation of Nelson’s soft lips against his own sent hot shivers through him. He wanted more. Eric slowly steered Nelson to the side of the path and swung to face him.

Apparently Nelson agreed, because suddenly they were embracing and lip-locked, completely unaware of their surroundings. Luckily they were in a quiet part of the park, and nothing disturbed their moment of tenderness. When they resurfaced and smiled at each other, only the wind rustling leaves and bird noises could be heard for a few seconds. The two boys parted reluctantly and turned to resume their walk, hands firmly clasped.

“Woohoo, bro, way to go.” Rob’s shout of glee made them both jump. “That may be the sweetest kiss I’ve seen for a while.”

“Jeez, Nelson, I thought the pair of you was going to burst into flames or melt into a puddle of goo.” Jasper was leaning on a tree next to Rob a short distance away. Both of them had apparently noticed the couple stopping and had been kind enough not to disturb them. But now they were fair game.

“Yeah, good thing it didn’t last any longer, or we may have had to post warning signs. ‘Hot guys kissing. Keep eyes averted or you may suffer from romantic overdose!’ Is he a good kisser, Eric?”

“From the look on Nel’s face, your brother is awesome, Rob. The only times I’ve seen him look this blissful is after eating a bowl of his favorite ice cream with chocolate sauce.”

The couple ignored them and walked past, trying not to blush. Rob and Jasper followed and were now discussing where to go in the park.

“The ice cream shop is that way. I think Nel and Eric need something to cool them down.”

“But if we keep going this way, there’s less people, and we can throw them in the lake if things get too hot.”

“Aren’t you forgetting a small detail, Rob?”

“What? Oh, right, Nelson would toss me over his shoulder before I could chuck him in. Damn, I guess we’ll have to buy ice cream. What’s your favorite?”

“Mint chocolate chip.”

“Cool, I like those flavors too. But nothing beats straight vanilla.”

“I think Nel agrees with you, apart from the straight part. Is your brother a vanilla guy, too?”

“Hmm, I’m not sure. Eric seems cool and collected, but I sometimes suspect he’s like Mt. Hood.”

“You mean all calm and chilly on the surface, but a volcano with eruptive potential underneath?”

“Yup.”

Eric and Nelson exchanged despairing looks as the two baseball jocks high-fived each other and hooted with laughter at their own wit. It was going to be a long day…

Ten minutes later they were sitting on the benches and tables near the playground, enjoying their ice cream cones. Nelson and Eric had held hands up to the point where they got their cones, and they were now sitting next to each other on a bench. Eric’s left arm was around his boyfriend’s shoulder, holding him close, and Nelson had his hand on Eric’s thigh below the table. Jasper was half sitting, half leaning on the end of the table in front of them, while Rob lounged on the bench opposite.

Behind them a small girl and her mother who had been behind them in the queue, were sharing a small container of ice cream. The girl was impatient to go on the swings, but also wanted to have her treat. She was chatting away like any bright five-year-old, never stopping for an answer.

“Oh, it’s cold in my mouth. I want to go on the swings first. Will you push me, Mommy? More ice cream, please. Look at that bird, it’s picking up crumbs. Oh no, my hair got into the ice cream. I wish it was longer, then I could have a ponytail. Like that boy, his hair is the same color as mine. Why was he holding hands with the other boy, Mommy? The one that has yellow hair like Tommy, look, he’s hugging his friend now.” A short pause, “Ohh that was a big lump of ice, so cold. Tommy is nice, I wouldn’t mind holding his hand, but Ms. Tamsin says I have to hold Jessica’s hand when we go walking. Jess is nice too, but she’s scared of everything. I’m done, can I go on the swing now?”

They heard the girl run off, and a bit later her squeals of delight came from the background as her mom pushed her on the swing. Jasper chuckled.

“You should have seen that woman’s face when the girl asked why you were holding hands and hugging. But to do her justice she didn’t look as if she had a problem with you, only with the fact her daughter was openly curious about it.”

Eric had felt Nelson tense slightly at the initial question, but they had both relaxed when nothing came of it. Rob, however, was scowling.

“She may be OK, but I can spot at least three other parents who have been giving us the evil eye, and I don’t think it’s the four noisy teens they object to. If so those guys over there should get the same glares.” He nodded towards a crowd of six or seven teenage boys who were fooling around at a table some distance away. They were shouting and mock-shoving each other around.

“I know two of them,” Eric muttered. When the others looked at him, he shrugged. “They were in my junior high school class, but they don’t go to West Hill. Not exactly sharp, you know.”

Since they had all finished eating, Jasper suggested going to the Mall. “It’ll be open when we arrive, if we stroll slowly.”

They got up, and Nelson waited to see what Eric wanted. To his joy the blond teen immediately took his hand. Nelson sent him a huge smile, and Eric returned it, but seemed slightly puzzled about what occasioned it. Rob and Jasper led the way, and afterwards Nelson wondered if they deliberately took the route leading past the other teens. They were chatting about which movies might be showing, and Eric told Nelson that Rob would probably want to see one of the action flicks.

As they drew even with the group one of them called out, “Hi Eric, what’s up? You got a boyfriend?”

“Yeah, that’s right, Connor.” Eric’s voice was neither belligerent nor apologetic; he simply answered the question.

Before the boy could respond, one of the other teens sneered, “You know this fag, Connor?”

“Eric and I went to school together, and don’t use that word.”

“Why not, loser? You queer too? Get lost, then.”

“No, I’m not gay, but my cousin is. He’s a great guy, so shut up Kev, or I’ll bash your face in.”

Since Connor was the smallest of the teens, and Kev was bulky and somewhat mean looking, this threat was more bravado than likely action. When a couple of the other boys sniggered, Kev took it as encouragement.

“I’d like to see you try, sissy boy. Why don’t you run along with your faggity friends? I’m sure they want to fuck your big mouth.”

Suddenly a large hand caught Kev’s neck in a hard grip.

“You will apologize to Connor and to my brother, you little shit.” Rob’s voice was low and menacing. He had somehow managed to slide up behind Kev, whose eyes bulged a bit when the older teen squeezed the muscle and fat on the lower side of his biceps with his other hand. Eric winced slightly; he knew from experience how it could hurt, even though Rob had never applied much strength the few times he’d done it to him.

“Let go,” Kev argued and tried to twist away, but Rob had him pinned with his hip against the table. It looked quite innocent and casual, and in any case they were surrounded by the two groups of boys. Nelson cast a few glances around, but none of the grown-ups near the playground, mostly women, took any notice.

“You need to be taught better manners, and since your parents and your teachers haven’t done it, peer pressure will have to do,” Rob squeezed again, and the boy gasped in pain.

“Apologize,” Rob demanded. His blue eyes were cold, but his face stayed bland and relaxed. “And the rest of you had better think about how pathetic you are if you listen to this piece of shit. Connor is brave and cool for standing up for his cousin, and I admire his guts.”

“I agree, Rob. You wanna be introduced to my sister, Connor? She’s fifteen, pretty but very talkative and bossy. It would take a brave man to go on a date with her.” Jasper winked at Connor, who laughed and shook his head.

“Thanks, dude, but I’m already dating someone.”

Jasper turned his attention to Kev, whose face was red, although Rob had let go of his arm. “You know two of the major signs of a teen in the closet are being scared of guys who’re out, and spouting hateful crap the way you’re doing. Your other option is being a dumb bully, who has no good qualities of his own, so he spends all his time putting others down. Why don’t you try acting like a man instead and apologize for your mistake?”

By now the four other teens were shuffling their feet and gradually edging away from Kev. It was clear they were trying to disassociate themselves from the hapless teen. Rob shook him gently.

“Fine, OK, fuck it. I apologize.” He wrenched himself out of Rob’s grasp and stormed off.

Eric let go of Nelson’s hand, took a step forward and held his hand out to Connor. “Thanks, dude. If you want, we can stay in touch, and you can tell me if anyone gives you trouble about this. My boyfriend will also be happy to teach them a lesson.” He stepped back and met the eyes of the other teens one by one. “Nelson is a Martial Arts prodigy, but he’s usually nice about kicking someone’s ass.”

When Nelson slid his arm around Eric’s waist, the blond teen turned his head and gave him a quick kiss. None of the other boys reacted, and the episode ended with Eric and Connor exchanging numbers, before all of them left.

The Mall is next, I swear !  laugh.png
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You knew it already. But I'm in love with Rob. Thanks!!! Seems he's good with his tongue as well ("You need to be taught better manners, and since your parents and your teachers haven’t done it, peer pressure will have to do?") ;-)

JAR

Link to comment

Team Rob will have simultaneous robgasms over this!

 

Too bad young people in love have to be careful about showing their affection in public. To be fair, a young child could have asked the same question about a boy-girl couple.

Link to comment
On 03/15/2015 11:33 PM, JohnAR said:
You knew it already. But I'm in love with Rob. Thanks!!! Seems he's good with his tongue as well ("You need to be taught better manners, and since your parents and your teachers haven’t done it, peer pressure will have to do?") ;-)

JAR

Thanks JAR, glad Rob lives up to your expectations. You're right, he's not a dumb, blond jock, and being with three clever, talktative guys brings out his silver tongue too. ;)
Link to comment
On 03/15/2015 11:47 PM, Puppilull said:
Team Rob will have simultaneous robgasms over this!

 

Too bad young people in love have to be careful about showing their affection in public. To be fair, a young child could have asked the same question about a boy-girl couple.

LOL, your comment made me laugh, P. I hope you're right.

 

I guess we're used to being relaxed about these things in Scandinavia, but even here I think kids can ask such curious and innocent questions. They're not the problem, but the teen and parent attitudes are.

Link to comment

True acceptance is when your brother gives you and your guy grief for kissing in the park and your boyfriend's best bud chimes in to share in the fun.

Connor is cool, it takes courage to stand up to a friend who bullies others, especially when you're the smaller guy. Rob of course takes issue with stupidity. You can tease the gay boys about openly behaving like any other teens in love but you do not denigrate them for being gay.

Link to comment

What a wonderful chapter Tim! The little girl was just right--noticing everything around her and questioning it just to satisfy her curiosity--that quality is so often lost in schools thanks to the lack of wonder in adult's lives. Cheers to her mother for not commenting on the holding hands part--sounds like she knows how kids work, and that she's one of the 'good' parents.

The teens are a prime example of how badly Christianity has scarred society with it's narrow-mindedness as the basis for Western attitudes. They got the message wrong pretty quickly by trying to fit the original doctrines into contemporary male-power-dominated social structures. Very early church groups made room for women in the clergy and a more equal footing for both sexes, but the more traditional views of Romans and Jews quashed that movement. Get more than three men together, and you will come up with four opinions, so that the original topic is lost.

I'm still a bit shocked at how open Eric is, as he seemed rather shy in the beginning...but it's great that he owns all aspects of his personality now. I loved how he connected with Connor and wants to stay in touch.

Mall next, yay!

Link to comment

I don't usually condone violence, but sometimes it's all some bullies understand. So go Rob and Go Conner for standing up for his cousin.

Great chapter. :)

Link to comment

By the time we get to the mall I think we will have forgotten why it was to be such a big deal anyway. You have become an absolute master at making much ado about nothing, or at least about very little. Lol. That's a compliment by the way. This chapter is another example of how you skilfully draw so much out of so little and make it so significant. Well done.

Link to comment
On 03/16/2015 12:03 AM, dughlas said:
True acceptance is when your brother gives you and your guy grief for kissing in the park and your boyfriend's best bud chimes in to share in the fun.

Connor is cool, it takes courage to stand up to a friend who bullies others, especially when you're the smaller guy. Rob of course takes issue with stupidity. You can tease the gay boys about openly behaving like any other teens in love but you do not denigrate them for being gay.

Thanks dughlas, I'm so pleased you pointed out exactly what I wanted to show. Rob and Jas would have teased a sister/best friend combination too, although perhaps with less sexual innuendo.

Connor is a good guy, and Eric needs to see there are other qualities to people than intelligence. ;)

Link to comment

I liked it all. The kiss, the ribbing by Rob and Jasper, the little girl, Conner, and especially Rob's lesson to a bully with lesser intelligence. It was a very interesting walk through the park... who needs the mall... Cheers... Gary

Link to comment

Again Rob shows what a great guy he is. He is fierce in his defense of his brother.. That is admirable. I even like how much he teases Eric about Nelson. It shows how comfortable he is with the relationship. He is going to be a great man someday. Conner was brave to stand up to those boys that way. It could have easily ended worse for him. Great chapter Tim. On to the mall!

Link to comment
On 03/16/2015 12:13 AM, ColumbusGuy said:
What a wonderful chapter Tim! The little girl was just right--noticing everything around her and questioning it just to satisfy her curiosity--that quality is so often lost in schools thanks to the lack of wonder in adult's lives. Cheers to her mother for not commenting on the holding hands part--sounds like she knows how kids work, and that she's one of the 'good' parents.

The teens are a prime example of how badly Christianity has scarred society with it's narrow-mindedness as the basis for Western attitudes. They got the message wrong pretty quickly by trying to fit the original doctrines into contemporary male-power-dominated social structures. Very early church groups made room for women in the clergy and a more equal footing for both sexes, but the more traditional views of Romans and Jews quashed that movement. Get more than three men together, and you will come up with four opinions, so that the original topic is lost.

I'm still a bit shocked at how open Eric is, as he seemed rather shy in the beginning...but it's great that he owns all aspects of his personality now. I loved how he connected with Connor and wants to stay in touch.

Mall next, yay!

I appreciate your long reviews CG, and your points about the girl and the background of the teens' behavior are very true. I'm not sure about the mom, maybe she's just one of those parents who ignore what their kids say or give up on commenting on all of it. But you may be right about her.

So far we've only seen Eric in quite protected circumstances - he knows Rob has his back, apart from anything Nelson can do. But he's a very keen-minded person who has strong views of right and wrong. If he is the boyfriend of Nelson, he's out and proud, too, and to Hell with what anyone else thinks. Nelson is actually more shy, Eric is mainly introvert and taciturn.

Link to comment
On 03/16/2015 01:18 AM, Caz Pedroso said:
I don't usually condone violence, but sometimes it's all some bullies understand. So go Rob and Go Conner for standing up for his cousin.

Great chapter. :)

Lol, Caz - it was a quite mild physical pressure, I think. But you're right, sometimes it takes a bigger bully to convince the first bully. You'd notice Rob didn't comment on Kev's opinions, only on his behavior. This was quite deliberate.
Link to comment
On 03/16/2015 01:42 AM, Jaro_423 said:
By the time we get to the mall I think we will have forgotten why it was to be such a big deal anyway. You have become an absolute master at making much ado about nothing, or at least about very little. Lol. That's a compliment by the way. This chapter is another example of how you skilfully draw so much out of so little and make it so significant. Well done.
LOL :rofl: oh Jaro what a wonderful compliment. You're quite right, I've forgotten myself why the Mall became such an important goal. But I guess it's mainly due to the endless possibilities for fun situations and interesting encounters.

I'm glad you're enjoying the story, I have such fun writing it, and AC is a great beta for keeping me connected to how teens would act and talk. But if my readers didn't enjoy it, I would soon lose motivation.

Link to comment
On 03/16/2015 02:32 AM, Headstall said:
I liked it all. The kiss, the ribbing by Rob and Jasper, the little girl, Conner, and especially Rob's lesson to a bully with lesser intelligence. It was a very interesting walk through the park... who needs the mall... Cheers... Gary
Aww, Gary thanks. I liked the walk in the park, too. It was a good way to pass the time until the Mall opens. Yes, Rob has little patience with stupidity, he and Eric are alike on this matter.
Link to comment
On 03/16/2015 02:32 AM, LitLover said:
Again Rob shows what a great guy he is. He is fierce in his defense of his brother.. That is admirable. I even like how much he teases Eric about Nelson. It shows how comfortable he is with the relationship. He is going to be a great man someday. Conner was brave to stand up to those boys that way. It could have easily ended worse for him. Great chapter Tim. On to the mall!
I can see Team Rob is unanimous so far in approving of his behavior. That makes me proud.

I admit I was almost giggling while I wrote the vanilla banter. As a teen I would have been furious about such teasing, but now I can understand the acceptance behind it.

Connor is cool, and he has a bit of hero worship of his older cousin, who would certainly be touched and proud of his actions.

Link to comment

My favorite moment in this entire encounter is when is when Connor just casually asks Eric if he has a boyfriend now. That seems pitched just about right – a nonchalant question from one boy answered with equal nonchalance by the other one. Too bad Connor's 'friend' turned out to be such a dick, but Super Rob was on duty so harm befell anyone by the prick-boy.

 

And the moment you have the boys lost in their own little world of a kiss is super special too; you did it perfectly.

Link to comment
On 03/16/2015 09:51 AM, AC Benus said:
My favorite moment in this entire encounter is when is when Connor just casually asks Eric if he has a boyfriend now. That seems pitched just about right – a nonchalant question from one boy answered with equal nonchalance by the other one. Too bad Connor's 'friend' turned out to be such a dick, but Super Rob was on duty so harm befell anyone by the prick-boy.

 

And the moment you have the boys lost in their own little world of a kiss is super special too; you did it perfectly.

Thanks AC, including your help in making this chapter cool. Rob on duty, yeah I like that idea, lol. And for all Eric may object to being protected by his Brother and boyfriend, he certainly does not hesitate to rely on them, does he?
Link to comment

Nicely done! Great dialogue (loved the gentle kidding of his friends!) and loved Rob for standing up and taking charge of the bully.

Your typical solidly consistent good writing!

Link to comment
On 03/17/2015 09:43 PM, Robert Rex said:
Nicely done! Great dialogue (loved the gentle kidding of his friends!) and loved Rob for standing up and taking charge of the bully.

Your typical solidly consistent good writing!

Thank you Robert, I liked the vanilla-volcano banter a lot, so I'm delighted it resonates with my readers.

I have the feeling Rob relishes the chance to play the strong protector with a just cause. :lol:

Link to comment

I like the teasing between Rob, Jas, Nelson and Eric - especially the "vanilla" conversation :P Rob did a great job handling the bully and making it clear that Kevs attitude was pathetic. Hopefully the rest of those boys carry that lesson with them.

Link to comment
On 04/05/2015 08:57 AM, EagleIsaac said:
I like the teasing between Rob, Jas, Nelson and Eric - especially the "vanilla" conversation :P Rob did a great job handling the bully and making it clear that Kevs attitude was pathetic. Hopefully the rest of those boys carry that lesson with them.
Thanks, Isaac, I'm so pleased you liked the vanilla banter, it's one of my favorites too.

Sometimes it only takes the firm voice of an older boy to encourage other kids to go with what they know is right. And Rob is definitely a better role model than Kev. :)

Link to comment

Both of them had apparently noticed the couple stopping and had been kind enough not to disturb them. But now they were fair game.

 

- Love those two, ha ha.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..