Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,836 Words
  • 2,879 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 39. Prompt 452 So, tell me all the details.

Yay, I managed a current prompt!  :2thumbs:
Rob pokes his nose into matters and sets a few things straight.
A Rob chapter from Eric’s POV.

“So, tell me all the details.”

Eric sighed and wished he didn’t love his brother too much to strangle him. After they had said goodbye to Nelson, his parents and Jasper, Rob had more or less dragged Eric upstairs, saying ‘we need to talk.’ Once they got to Eric’s room, Rob had back-flopped on the end of the bed as usual, and demanded to be updated.

“Rob, even though you’re welcome to take credit for getting Nelson and me together – and I admit being grateful, even if I don’t approve of your methods – this does not entitle you to be told the details of my sex life.”

“Relax, bro, the fact you have a sex life is detail enough for me. I was talking about the prom issue. What was it all about, and did you get it resolved?”

Eric stared at Rob, who managed a look of wounded innocence, but it quickly degenerated into a small satisfied smirk.

“I’m not sure why Nelson got upset, but I simply told him I wasn’t having second thoughts. Problem solved.”

“Just like that?”

“Sure.”

Eric could see Rob wasn’t completely convinced, but he didn’t care. Nelson’s last words, before they’d gone downstairs, had proven everything was fine.

“Jasper told me Nelson has always dreamed of taking his boyfriend to the prom,” said Rob, obviously wanting to probe deeper into the matter.

“Yeah, I know. He told me.” Eric added ‘Great dreams, too’ in his own head.

“Why are you blushing, bro?”

“I’m not,” Eric insisted.

“Dude, you are sooo getting all hot and bothered. Spill.”

“Absolutely not!”

“Fine, it’s about sex, then.” Rob grinned and then sat up, pretending to be shocked. “Oh ho, cherry time? Wicked!”

Eric refused to answer, and luckily Rob seemed to realize he’d pushed the topic to the limit.

“Anyway, I wanted to talk with you about the GSA. Have you made up your mind?”

“Yeah, I think we should both join the GSA tomorrow.”

“Cool.” Rob held up his hand, and Eric leaned forward to slap it. “I talked with Dad and I think he’s right. Joining the GSA at college will be a good learning experience for me, and I may actually be able to make a difference.”

“You don’t mind him putting pressure on you?”

“Nah, he never does unless it’s important, and anyway the rents are going to sweeten the deal by giving me a higher allowance.”

“What do you mean?”

“I was worried about having time for baseball, GSA, studying and working. Not to mention all the other stuff going on at college.” Rob winked, and Eric rolled his eyes. “A higher allowance means I can devote more time to the GSA, instead of earning money.”

“Do you even know whether your top three college choices have a GSA or LGBT club?”

“No, I don’t, actually. Huh, wouldn’t that be a joke on Dad? Let’s look it up.”

“Not now, because then you’d have to tell Dad before you join the West Hill GSA.” Eric was surprised at how eager he was for Rob to join their high school GSA after all.

“Hmm, good point.”

“So what are you going to do, if they don’t have anything like that?”

“I don’t know; I’ll figure something out. I’m not gonna worry about it now.”

“I guess we should worry about tomorrow instead.” Eric still wasn’t sure about Rob’s coffee shop plan.

“What’s to worry about? Jazz will bring Nelson, and we’ll meet them in the parking lot at 7.30. After we’ve joined the GSA, we’ll go over to the coffee shop.”

“Rob, please could—” he didn’t get any further before Rob shook his head.

“No way, bro. You and Nelson are going to stroll into that place, heads high and holding hands. You’re gonna walk up and order for all of us – I’ll pay – and then you’ll bring the drinks over for me, Jazz and Carolyn. After that you and Nelson can decide where you want to sit. I hope you’ll feel comfortable with us, but I’m also fine with you finding somewhere quiet to cuddle.”

“Cut it out, Rob.” Eric threw a pillow at his brother, who caught it with a grin and stuffed it under his head.

“Have you thought about what you’re going to do if anyone says anything insulting?” Eric wanted to know whether Rob had considered every angle of his plan.

“Have you asked Nelson the same question? And what about yourself? Are you just gonna accept their nonsense?”

“I’m not the one who plans to provoke the entire baseball team.” Eric did his best not to snarl at Rob.

“Why would they be provoked by the presence of my brother and his boyfriend? You were at the match yesterday, and no one said anything.”

“I doubt most of them noticed, and the coach was there to enforce the school rules.”

“The rules banning bullying and hazing shouldn’t only apply on school grounds, and in any case, normal decent behavior should make people oppose bigotry whether it’s based on color, creed or orientation.”

“In principle yes, but you know real life isn’t like that. There’s a reason there are no out baseball, football or basketball players. At least not while they play in the professional leagues.”

“I know, but let’s focus on what we can influence. I want West Hill High students to adopt the stance that bigots are bad, boring and so last century. Nobody likes to be uncool.” Rob said the last sentence with the confidence of the utterly cool, popular jock.

“Do you really believe you can make that happen? You graduate two months from now.”

“Hey, the majority of them are already there, including most of the baseball team. I have trust in my teammates, and so does Jasper. Almost all will be fine with you, and the rest will bow to peer pressure. But we need a reason for the pressure to be applied, and you and Nelson hand-in-hand will provide that.”

Eric knew it was hopeless to object; Rob was on a mission – or maybe Quest was a better word. They might as well get it over with, and extract a promise of non-interference afterwards.

“OK, I’ll let Nelson know that I’ve accepted your plan. But in return, I want you to promise that you’ll leave us alone afterwards. No pushing us into the limelight or using us to promote your own agenda. It’s gonna be bad enough at the prom.”

“I promise, bro.”

Eric hoped Rob would get up and leave, but his brother didn't. He sighed and dug out his cell phone to send Nelson a text, then went to the bathroom to brush his teeth, hoping Rob would get the hint. But his brother was still lounging at the end of the bed, when he got back.

“I’m done in the bathroom, Rob.” No reaction.

“Rob, I have to get up an hour earlier than normal tomorrow,” Eric tried again.

“Yeah, yeah, I’ll go soon. But first I want to know, why you were making a fuss about the number of gay couples at the prom.”

“I wasn’t making a fuss.”

“You know what I mean.” Rob punched his leg to emphasize his words.

Eric sighed. “Nelson told me how much attention he and Trevor got last year. He hated it, and I’m not keen to get the same treatment.”

“Come on, bro, it wasn’t that bad. OK, people looked and commented, when they arrived, and when two guys danced together, but most of the time they were hanging around with people from the GSA or the drama club, and nobody gave a shit.”

“What sort of things did people say?”

“Well, there was speculation about them being a couple or not, and Trevor got some grief from his friends for keeping his prom date a secret. Nelson being gay wasn’t too much of a surprise, after he flattened Clayton, but still it got quite a few comments. Some of them from girls moaning about the waste; ‘What a shame’ and so on. I’m sure there will be even more saying the same about you, bro.”

“Whatever. Anything negative?”

“Not openly, no. But some people kept their distance or walked away if the topic came up.”

“How did Melanie react?” Eric almost regretted asking when Rob scowled at him, but he wanted to know.

“She shook her head and said something I found odd at the time, but perhaps now I know why.” Rob paused for a moment, then went on. “She said, ‘Poor Nelson, he is much too young and innocent to be dragged into this. Trevor should be ashamed of himself.’ I thought she meant Nelson was shy and insecure, since he did look sort of uncomfortable walking up the stairs on Trevor’s arm. Now I think she thought Trevor was ‘corrupting’ him.” Rob rolled his eyes and managed to look pissed off too.

“Fuck, this is just the sort of reaction I’d hate to get. And this time it’s gonna be a junior and a freshman. And we’re both shy, or at least not interested in any attention.” Eric was about to jump up and pace, but Rob grabbed his arm and shook him.

“Will you calm down, for fuck’s sake! The situation is completely different for you and Nelson.”

“What do you mean? How’s it different?”

“Well, first of all, when you go to the prom, you’ll be an established couple. Hell, people would be more shocked if Nelson didn’t take you to the junior prom. Secondly, you’ll hang out with other couples who are your friends. Tony and Maria, Jasper and Carolyn, perhaps people from the drama club. Thirdly, we have at least a month to persuade some of the other GSA members to invite who they would really like to take to the prom.”

“Oh,” was all Eric said, as he saw Rob’s point.

“Duh, you two will be old news by then, and in any case Trevor broke trail for everyone last year. It’s never easy to be first, and I got a lot more respect for him after that. Even more so, because it was pretty low key, apart from their entrance together. He didn’t flaunt himself or Nelson, but that might be because they were friends and not boyfriends.”

Rob punched Eric’s arm again, and a smirk slowly developed on his face. Eric braced himself for a typical Rob remark.

“But you’re going with your hot boyfriend, so I expect you to kiss on the dance floor and get some action later. I’ll even pick you up and let you sit in my car, while I go for a walk. And you can tell me all the details if you want.”

“Fuck off, Rob!”

Eric made sure to lock the door to the bathroom after his annoying brother laughed his way in there. But perhaps getting Rob’s help with arranging some after-prom activities might be a good idea…

Last chapter of the weekend. Next chapter it's back to school.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well done, Tim. A great brotherly conversation. Rob was still a little pushy, but in a good way. It's like the wheels in his brain were really turning as he thought things through and explained them to Eric. I liked that Eric set some limits, and that Rob showed respect for them. You portray the brotherly thing very well... now about those twins... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Another wonderful chapter, Tim! :D

 

The relationship between Rob and Eric is so sweet :) To see how close they are as brothers is something I look forward to with each new chapter. I applaud Rob for reassuring Eric about Prom :D I think Eric's concerns have finally washed away. And now he can hold he head up high when he and Nelson walk into Prom.

 

Thanks again, Tim :hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Another cool chapter, Tim! We see Rob getting set for every contingency, and allaying Eric's fears at the same time. He made some great points about the prom, so I think Eric will be able to make the night bout fulfilling Nelson's dreams rather than worrying about other people.
Here's a thought: if the college Rob gets into doesn't have an organization for gay students, Rob ought to start one. :)
More please...hope the twins are okay!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Rob really is a man with a plan :lol: I really like the conversation between the brothers. I agree with Gary, Rob is pushy in a good way. He just wants his brother to be happy. I figured that Eric would be worried that he was going to feel like he was being singled out. He and Nelson are pretty introverted so that would be a concern. I think, in the end, he is going to have a great time though ... and both he AND Nelson might get lucky ;) (Oh and Rob is awfully interested in his brother's sex life with another guy ... just putting that out there haha)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I think Rob's plan is good, but I also see why Eric doesn't want he and Nelson to be treated like pawns in a chess game. I did enjoy the talk. Rob may be pushy, but he has a big heart. He is trying to make sure Eric is happy, but until the GSA issue he kept forgetting to ask Eric what he wanted first. I think he is finally learning though.

 

Great chapter Tim :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/16/2015 06:43 AM, Headstall said:

Well done, Tim. A great brotherly conversation. Rob was still a little pushy, but in a good way. It's like the wheels in his brain were really turning as he thought things through and explained them to Eric. I liked that Eric set some limits, and that Rob showed respect for them. You portray the brotherly thing very well... now about those twins... cheers... Gary...

Thanks Gary, I'm proud you think I'm doing well with the Brotherly Thing, it's a fun challenge. Yes, for once Rob was being pushy in a mostly useful way, lol. I think he views Eric and Nelson as sort of 'his (pet) project' and he wants to make sure it's a success. :rolleyes: But as long as he respects their limits, it'll be OK.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/16/2015 06:44 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

Another wonderful chapter, Tim! :D

 

The relationship between Rob and Eric is so sweet :) To see how close they are as brothers is something I look forward to with each new chapter. I applaud Rob for reassuring Eric about Prom :D I think Eric's concerns have finally washed away. And now he can hold he head up high when he and Nelson walk into Prom.

 

Thanks again, Tim :hug:

Thank you, Drewboy, I'm :D you enjoyed it.

Yes, Rob did his best to reassure Eric about the Prom, and together with Eric's determination to fulfill all Nelson's dreams, I'm sure he'll forget his worries. After all, he's proud and happy to be boyfriends with Nel.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/16/2015 10:24 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Another cool chapter, Tim! We see Rob getting set for every contingency, and allaying Eric's fears at the same time. He made some great points about the prom, so I think Eric will be able to make the night bout fulfilling Nelson's dreams rather than worrying about other people.

Here's a thought: if the college Rob gets into doesn't have an organization for gay students, Rob ought to start one. :)

More please...hope the twins are okay!

Thanks CG, I love knowing you thought it's cool. ;)

I agree with your conclusion about the Prom (see my reply to Drew).

About the college: funny you should say that, my avid researcher friend, because AC encouraged me to look into what form of GSA if any was present at US universities / colleges, so now I have a major task ahead of me. :o You may get several PMs on the subject.

After I've dealt with the twins...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/16/2015 10:47 AM, LitLover said:

Rob really is a man with a plan :lol: I really like the conversation between the brothers. I agree with Gary, Rob is pushy in a good way. He just wants his brother to be happy. I figured that Eric would be worried that he was going to feel like he was being singled out. He and Nelson are pretty introverted so that would be a concern. I think, in the end, he is going to have a great time though ... and both he AND Nelson might get lucky ;) (Oh and Rob is awfully interested in his brother's sex life with another guy ... just putting that out there haha)

Ha, ha, LL, I like the way you think. You may be right about Rob being interested, but it could also be he has found a new way of teasing his brother. :lol:

Yes, some people simply do not like to be the center of attention. I'm channeling myself here, and while Rob might find this idea hard to grasp, I'm sure he'll do his best to respect Eric's wishes.

We'll keep our fingers crossed for them having a great time at the prom - and afterwards. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/16/2015 11:07 AM, EagleIsaac said:

I think Rob's plan is good, but I also see why Eric doesn't want he and Nelson to be treated like pawns in a chess game. I did enjoy the talk. Rob may be pushy, but he has a big heart. He is trying to make sure Eric is happy, but until the GSA issue he kept forgetting to ask Eric what he wanted first. I think he is finally learning though.

 

Great chapter Tim :)

Thanks, eagle-eyes. Pushy with a big Heart describes Rob perfectly for this chapter, as several people noted. I liked the idea of chess pawns, because Rob needs to learn that he's dealing with real people with feelings when he tries to 'manipulate' them - even when it's for their own good.

Rob ususally has great instincts about what Eric needs and wants, but asking first is still a damn good idea. Particularly as they are both becoming adults who should have a more equal relationship as brothers and friends.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

For some reason I really liked the moment between the brothers when Eric throws the pillow and Rob captures it and grins.

 

Don’t know – it guess it's no secret I'm a 'details' man, so that really captured a lot for me about the dynamics of them. And you did it in a way in which you didn’t have to waste a syllable on 'telling' us how they felt. You just showed it, pure and simple.

 

Now I'm looking forward to the moment when Eric fesses up about the hotel room. Rob will be over the moon, and he'll probably want to personally stand guard. Let's just hope Nelson or Eric remember to lock that door ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/17/2015 10:39 AM, AC Benus said:

For some reason I really liked the moment between the brothers when Eric throws the pillow and Rob captures it and grins.

 

Don’t know – it guess it's no secret I'm a 'details' man, so that really captured a lot for me about the dynamics of them. And you did it in a way in which you didn’t have to waste a syllable on 'telling' us how they felt. You just showed it, pure and simple.

 

Now I'm looking forward to the moment when Eric fesses up about the hotel room. Rob will be over the moon, and he'll probably want to personally stand guard. Let's just hope Nelson or Eric remember to lock that door ;)

Well, the best thing about modern hotel doors is they are automatically locked from the outside unless you have a key card. ;)

But you have a good point, Rob's 18 so he can easily get them a hotel room, and if he tells the parents he'll pick the boys up, they won't worry. Much... :unsure: Let's see whether Eric is desperate enough to ask Rob. :lol:

The pillow was my spontaneous reaction to your beta comment on Rob's cuddle teasing: 'If I were Eric this would raise my blood pressure! Rob!! Lol.' I thought 'he's right, what would I do?' So I'm delighted you like it. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I’m sure you’ve already done your research, but there are some colleges and universities (particularly religious institutions) that don’t have GSAs, but the surrounding community might have a Gay Community Center.

 

Since the Pacific Center is just down the road from the UC Berkeley campus, there were always plenty of UC students when I used to go there in the early ‘90s – even though UC Berkeley also has at least one LGBT organization of its own. At the time, San Francisco didn’t have a Gay Community Center (since built) and there were lots of guys from SF too.

Link to comment
On 01/30/2017 07:46 PM, droughtquake said:

I’m sure you’ve already done your research, but there are some colleges and universities (particularly religious institutions) that don’t have GSAs, but the surrounding community might have a Gay Community Center.

 

Since the Pacific Center is just down the road from the UC Berkeley campus, there were always plenty of UC students when I used to go there in the early ‘90s – even though UC Berkeley also has at least one LGBT organization of its own. At the time, San Francisco didn’t have a Gay Community Center (since built) and there were lots of guys from SF too.

Yes I did look up a few relevant universities on the east coast but then Rob suddenly decided to go to California. JAR took over after that, lol. Or at least he gave his version of Rob in Cali, although he was quite sad about him being straight, lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Trevor broke trail for everyone last year. It’s never easy to be first, and I got a lot more respect for him after that.

 

- Yes, indeed. Trevor the trailblazer.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 3/19/2017 at 6:08 AM, Thirdly said:

Trevor broke trail for everyone last year. It’s never easy to be first, and I got a lot more respect for him after that.

 

- Yes, indeed. Trevor the trailblazer.

 

Ohh, I love that nickname. :2thumbs:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..