Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,255 Words
  • 3,369 Views
  • 35 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 61. Prompt 579 How can you be so sure?

An Eric POV chapter to make Team Rob happy.  :lol:

“How can you be so sure?” Rob’s blue eyes were unusually earnest.

“About what?” Eric wriggled to get a bit more comfortable on his bed, next to where his brother lay in his customary sprawl.

“How can you be so sure Nelson is the one you want?”

“Rather than a girl, you mean?” Eric scowled. He couldn’t believe Rob suddenly asked him this after almost tricking him into coming out.

“No!” The swiftness with which Rob reached out and punched his thigh took Eric by surprise. “Don’t be an idiot, bro. I know you like what feels right, natural, or whatever.”

“Sorry,” Eric mumbled as he rubbed the sore spot on his leg. He should have known better than to doubt Rob. After all, his brother was his greatest supporter and seemed almost proud of the fact Eric was dating Nelson.

“How can you be so sure Nelson is the one?”

“Well, one can never be sure—” This time Eric managed to avoid the punch aimed at the same spot.

“Quit avoiding my question, asshole. I’ve seen the way you look at him, and he’s no better. You might as well be married or shackled to each other. That boy is yours for life, and you’re well and truly hooked too. Yup, my little brother is off the market, in a love-forever relationship at the age of fifteen. It’s so cute I’m getting cavities from all the sweetness.”

A new and astounding thought occurred to Eric. “Uhhm, Rob, are you jealous?” He couldn’t believe his older, handsome, popular brother - in whose shadow he’d always stood - was envious of him.

“Don’t get your panties in a bunch. I’m not envious of you dating Nelson in particular, though he does have a nice pert ass and hair like a girl.”

“ROB! Stop perving on my boyfriend’s ass. Find your own guy.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Plenty of guys out there with cute bottoms if I ever wanted to take a walk on the wild side. Trevor has a good bubble butt, as a matter of fact.” Rob smirked as Eric rolled his eyes.

“Be serious, Rob.”

“Answer my question, and I’ll answer yours.” They stared at each other, and Rob caved with a shrug. “OK, I’ll admit to envying you, but not for the reason you think. I want to find love, to know I’ve found the one who’ll be by my side for the rest of my life. Oh, not right now, I wouldn’t mind sowing a few wild oats in college, but eventually I want to be stuck by lightening when the right girl comes along.” Rob’s voice got low and almost dreamy. “I want us to look at each other the way you two do.”

“Jeez, Rob, you’re a closet romantic.”

“If you ever tell anyone, you’ll regret it.”

“Your secret’s safe with me.”

“So, for the fourth time. How can you be so sure?”

“I don’t know, I just am. Maybe it’s the way Nelson makes my heart race and my guts turn to mush. The thought of being apart is painful, but making him smile is my favorite thing to do.”

“I’da thought making him moan your name would be your favorite—”

“ROB!”

“Sorry, go on.”

“It’s mushy and I don’t like to talk about feelings, you know that.”

“Yeah, but I also know you. You’re always analyzing and trying to put matters into words. So, spill.”

Eric wanted to roll his eyes again, but he almost liked this Rob who didn’t mind showing a vulnerable side.

“Nelson makes me a better person, or perhaps he makes me like myself more, because his love shines a different light on who I am. We share a lot of interests and opinions, and we could be good friends even if we weren’t boyfriends. I know I can trust him and rely on him, and even if we disagree, he’ll never betray me or let me down or lie to me.”

Rob was nodding, and his eyes were unfocused as he gazed on the ceiling.

Eric took a deep breath and decided to go all out.

“The only other guy I’ve trusted like him…that’s you, Rob. Nelson is friend and family and lover in one, and I’ll do anything to keep him.”

Rob’s gaze snapped back to Eric’s face at the mention of his name. The atmosphere stayed serious for a moment, and then a glint appeared in his eyes accompanied by a happy smirk.

Anything, huh? And I bet Nelson is just as eager to prove his devotion.”

“Jeez, Rob, you sure are nosy about my sex life. I mean, it’s great, but I’d be with Nelson whether we have sex or not. Can you say the same about your ex or anyone else?”

“Nope. You’re right. My dick may have been engaged but my heart and mind sure weren’t.”

“Eeww, Rob, I don’t want to think about your dick and what you do with it.”

“Nothing much at the moment, except what you saw the other morning.” Rob started laughing when Eric attacked him with a pillow.

“Fuck, don’t remind me, jerk! I’d almost managed to chase that image out of my mind.”

“Chase or replace, bro? We both know whose dick you’re dreaming of, right? Has Nelson provided you with some nice images?”

“Get out, Rob!” Eric jumped up and was about to throw his door open.

“Wait, Eric. Let me just say something important.”

“What?”

“Don’t send naked pics to Nelson, and don’t ask him to send you any either. It’s not safe.”

“I know that, Rob. Really? Who’s the internet nerd in the family, eh?”

“OK, OK, sorry. I just wanted to be sure. I always made certain Mel never took any risqué pics of me, not even shirtless.”

“Not just shirtless? Why? That’s pretty innocent, isn’t it?” Eric thought of those pictures Nelson had from the drama group.

“Depends on the circumstances. Shirtless outside in the garden or at the beach with a group of other people might be OK. But in her room, posing for her, or perhaps on my bed? No way, because the implications are clear. And why would she need a picture like that?”

“I see your point.”

“I have an easy test or rule about this. Don’t take or send any picture you won’t show Mom and Dad.”

“That covers a lot more than naked selfies.”

“Yep, but it’s even more important now that cameras in cell phones are everywhere, and people post pics and tag you on Facebook. It might be fun now, but in twenty years’ time, when your dream job is on the line, do you really want someone to dig out a picture of you smooching Nelson with your hand down his pants?”

“ROB!”

“And don’t get all high-and-mighty on me. If you were straight, my line would’ve been the same one Dad gave me about my hand being up my girlfriend’s skirt. Kiss and fuck Nelson all you want, just make sure there’s no evidence! No pics and no used condoms under the bed.”

“All right, all right, you’ve made your point, thank you. Now buzz off, Rob, I have homework to do.”

“You’re welcome, bro. And thanks for the love lecture. I’ll keep it in mind.”

Rob held his hand up with a grin and Eric couldn’t help smiling as he high-fived him on the way out. Rob was incredibly annoying, but he meant well and he cared. What more could you expect?

I hope this will satisfy my hungry birds for a while. Thank you to @AC Benus for a fast edit.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Quote

“Eeww, Rob, I don’t want to think about your dick and what you do with it.”

“Nothing much at the moment, except what you saw the other morning.”

That’s why you should never walk in on your brother when he’s using the restroom. I know some of you perverts would disagree, but I don’t need to see someone else urinating! That’s why we have doors!  ;-)

 

 

If you never take selfies, you’ll never have any embarrassing selfies to regret! (I’m old, bite me!)  ;-)

Link to comment

I don't know who Rob, and Eric are, nor what happen previously, but I loved the interaction between them. Great story Timothy.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

I don't know who Rob, and Eric are, nor what happen previously, but I loved the interaction between them. Great story Timothy.

 

LOL, Buddy, you need to read the story from the beginning. I know it's prompt based, but it's actually a continuous tale. But I'm glad to know you enjoyed the interaction without previous knowledge, and this chapter is probably less confusing than others would be.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, JohnAR said:

So Rob looks at (male) asses. All I needed to hear. JAR

 

Does that mean the wolves will untie him in your story? ;)  And Colt will tell WTF is going on? :o 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

 

LOL, Buddy, you need to read the story from the beginning. I know it's prompt based, but it's actually a continuous tale. But I'm glad to know you enjoyed the interaction without previous knowledge, and this chapter is probably less confusing than others would be.

 

I've got a lot of reading ahead then!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Just now, BHopper2 said:

I've got a lot of reading ahead then!

 

Yup :lol:  have fun and I look forward to your comments. :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

*cheep, cheep, cheep*

Loved it, but your worms need to be longer and fatter to satisfy your flock, min ven!  :P

 

:rofl:  The chapters in my prompt story have always been fairly short, and this one was pretty average. Are you developing onto a size queen? :lmao: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, droughtquake said:

That’s why you should never walk in on your brother when he’s using the restroom. I know some of you perverts would disagree, but I don’t need to see someone else urinating! That’s why we have doors!  ;-)

 

If you never take selfies, you’ll never have any embarrassing selfies to regret! (I’m old, bite me!)  ;-)

 

:rofl:  I don't think Eric would have been embarrassed about walking in on Rob peeing, they do share a bathroom, after all. He might not even mind seeing Rob busy in the shower (but don't we all wanna see that? :P ), but bursting in on Rob at the moment of truth was a  :blushing: situation. :lol: 

 

I agree about the selfies - but I'm old too. ;) 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Dodger said:

Nice chapter Tim. Their conversation was very real and engaging. I agree with Litlover; Rob's advice is good.

 

Thanks, Dodger, :hug: I love when readers say my story dialogue is good, because I've struggled to get better at that. 

I'm glad everyone seems to agree about the photo advice, but no one seems to realize Rob is also being a little selfish. he doesn't want compromising pics of his brother for both their sakes.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 hours ago, LitLover said:

I do love conversations between Eric and Rob. The teasing, but loving relationship is wonderful to see.  Rob's advice is good for anyone.  With today's social media obsession it would be so easy to have pictures put out there you would never want anyone to see.  Eric is a smart young man, but a reminder from an older sibling is a good thing :) 

 

Aww thanks LL :hug: I'm glad I could make you happy with this chapter, and praise for dialogue chapters is eagerly received (see above comment).

I'm too old for the whole selfie and facebook fad, but I can think of a few photos in my albums which I'd definitely prefer not to have out there. :o 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

 

:rofl:  I don't think Eric would have been embarrassed about walking in on Rob peeing, they do share a bathroom, after all. He might not even mind seeing Rob busy in the shower (but don't we all wanna see that? :P ), but bursting in on Rob at the moment of truth was a  :blushing: situation. :lol: 

 

I agree about the selfies - but I'm old too. ;) 

It’s called misdirection. Intentionally misinterpreting your statement into a more disgusting, but less prurient manner.

Link to comment

A glimpse of a deeper , darker(?) Rob. A great chapter that gently reminds of the depth of emotion between the brothers. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

It’s called misdirection. Intentionally misinterpreting your statement

 

Yep - and wasn't that what I did too? :lol: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Headstall said:

Lovely and sweet... just what I needed. I love the closeness of these two, yet they act like normal brothers who punch and tease and annoy each other too. Thanks for this, Tim. I enjoyed their conversation, and more importantly, what was said... we see a little more inside Rob's head. He's feeling lonely. Great job... cheers... Gary....

 

You're welcome, Gary, I'm very pleased this could cheer you up. :hug:  I'm proud you think they represent close brothers well. Yes, the conversation may have been mostly teasing, but there was an underlying message too. However, Rob probably won't be lonely for long when he goes to college, he makes friends easily and I'm sure plenty of girls will wye for his attention. :thankyou: for writing the first wonderful comment on this chapter. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Another great installment Tim... I just love the banter between these brothers. Rob is just a little to interested in a guys ass... Mange tak! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Sweetie, we've known you've been a romantic all this time. :hug: Especially how hard you pushed to get Eric and Nel together, and how happy and pleased you were to see them happy. :)

 

Tim, I hope Rob meets the love of his life just as Eric did. A man with a big heart such as himself, deserves to find love. :hug::heart: 

 

Lastly, I love how Rob gave Eric some excellent advice on taking provocative pictures. He's certainly looking out for his brother. :D 

 

Thanks for this amazing chapter, Tim! :hug: 

 

You're welcome, Drewbear, and :thankyou: for an amazing comment.

I'm not sure Eric sees Rob's pushy behavior at the beginning of the story as romantic. :lol: I think he'd use words as interfering, embarrassing, annoying, etc.

I'm glad you think Rob deserves someone special in his life, and that you think the photo advice was good. Means a lot that it's not just us old farts who worry. ;) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, deville said:

A glimpse of a deeper , darker(?) Rob. A great chapter that gently reminds of the depth of emotion between the brothers. 

 

Thanks, deville, I'm pleased you liked the glimpse and feel free to speculate on the possible implications. ;)  I loved your comment about the brotherly connection. :yes: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Another great installment Tim... I just love the banter between these brothers. Rob is just a little to interested in a guys ass... Mange tak! 

 

Selv tak, Blind, you're getting quite good at Danish. I love writing the banter, but I always worry about it sounding genuine. Luckily, I have @AC Benus to do a reality check for me, but the real test is what all my readers think. So your praise means a lot.

As for the butt watching: I can appreciate a nice ass whether male or female, so what's wrong with Rob doing the same. :P 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I find it so adorable that Rob asks his 15 yo brother about the essence of true love. Youth never denies itself on holding all the answers. Sure, people on occasion do meet their life partners at such a young age, but more likely Eric and Nelson will have a great relationship and then grow apart. Does that mean it wasn't love? In my book, no. It's love until it isn't anymore. Doesn't detract from the intensity or validity of their feelings now. I just think we need to get over this 'one true love' idea. It puts such unnecessary expectations on people's relationships. So instead of enjoying the love you have, you look for that unicorn... 

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..