Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Discoveries - Prologue. Prologue

Part II Discoveries


Prologue


Well, here I am, having just completed Part II of my little stroll down memory lane. As you’ll recall, I started writing this stuff down as some form of self therapy, mainly because I felt I was being overwhelmed by a serious case of mid-life crisis. So the question one must ask at this point is: Has writing these memoirs improved or worsened my condition? The simple answer is of course, yes and no...

Yes, forcing myself to go back to those days, some thirty years ago now, has brought back wonderful memories and feelings. There is almost a sense of magic to it, something that, until very recently, I had all but forgotten. And no, it hasn’t helped, because otherwise, why would I have gone ahead and written Part II? It’s not like this thing writes itself. It’s a lot of time consuming work, time that I should be spending on my career, and on my family. While I’d drop the so-called career the minute a huge lottery jackpot fell on my head, my family certainly deserves better. And yet, I feel compelled to continue these memoirs. I realize that the fog of so many years gone by has dulled my sensibilities. Forcing myself to recall those days, often in excruciating detail, has brought many of those powerfully emotional and significant experiences back to life for me.

And so you have before you, Part II of my story, chiefly chronicling my amazing relationship with a remarkable boy named Jesse Taylor. While I have almost arbitrarily divided these stories up into various sections for ease of posting, they are really all part of one long story. Thus, Part II picks up pretty much where Part I left off. I call it simply, Discoveries, and here you will meet Jesse’s alter ego for the first time, you’ll get to know some of Perry and Jesses’ friends a little better, you will see what happens when two horny thirteen year olds deeply, passionately in love, get to spend some serious alone time together, and you’ll even get a brief glimpse of my future wife somewhere along the way.

It amazes me how memory plays such tricks on our minds over long periods of time. Many people and events come to me so clearly, along with the feelings and emotions that accompanied them, and other things seem so far away as to be almost intangible. Sometimes it’s hard to imagine how different the world was thirty years ago: HIV and cancer running rampant, global warming, crime, overpopulation, all were hugely important issues that required immediate attention and resolution--and cellphones--who ever thought up such an idiotic and dangerous contraption? It’s interesting to note both the progress and retrogress of a generation’s worth of time. Checking my history references, I note that this was also around the same time when obscure religious cults and scientists of dubious repute were all vying for the title of Creator of the First Human Clone! If only they knew then what we know now about the results of direct human cloning...Shudder...

While I have constantly tried to keep in mind the audience for whom I am writing, I have also allowed myself to editorialize more than I did in Part I. If this adds some depth and perspective for you, so much the better. If you’re just in it for the juicy parts, knock yourself out. I won’t be offended (but you might be!).

A brief reminder that I have changed all the names, some of the places, and even some of the things, to protect the innocent, the not so innocent, the living, and the dead. If I happen to mention a place that doesn’t seem to exist (at least, during that time period), that’s why. Also, if I’ve forgotten some of the slang, hot video games, or favorite name brands of the period--give me a break--I’m old!

On a more technical note, it was pointed out to me that I inadvertently left my C-link off my last posting. Fortunately, many of you sent messages directly to the fine folks at NewNifty (hidden away in their shielded base deep in Copernicus Crater--hehehe). These have been very kindly forwarded to me and I must say, I’m very encouraged by the many positive comments and words of encouragement I have received thus far. So here, for the purposes of these memoirs, is my direct C-link: Pt-9009-U/D543sat.net (scram/dir). Comments and constructive criticism are always welcome!

Copyright © 2011 underthehoodster; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting. I like your prologue because it tells us where you are coming from and helps us to have a broad picture of your intensions. It also serves to stimulate imagination and create suspense.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..