Jump to content

A Different World: Part 1 - The Siege of Penthorpe Keep

   (2 reviews)
Genres: Fantasy, Historical

Set in a mirror version of the 14th century, Paladin's plague has turned the world into a wasteland. With time running out and a war brewing, Commander Gil'eppsie races for Pen’thorpe Keep; mysterious dark forces are at work, and Catholicism is on the rise.
 

I have decided to go back to Skold's early days. If you have read Chaos Lives in Everything then you will note that this is the beginning of Skold's story. While Chaos Lives in Everything is the first I published on this website it is not the first chronologically. Chronologically it is probably the fourth or fifth. I've made some changes. Skold has a last name, his sisters name has been changed from Candestine to Sonja. Feel free to go back and reread Chaos Lives in Everything but please note that it is not the final product. It was poorly written so it's time to take out the trash. (Luckily this is a beta reading website ;)). Sorry for the confusion.
Copyright © 2018 ValentineDavis21; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

SnowBear

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I loved skold in your first telling of his story, I'm so glad you went back in time to give us more insight into this poor tortured and terrifying soul. I'm so drawn to him i can't explain it, i want to know everything about the guy and what makes him tick. I'd love to see more of him in the future 

Response from the author:

I am glad you enjoyed this story. Unfortunately, I don't know if I will be able to continue his story in the way I wanted. I wrote this a few years ago when I was in my early early twenties (21 or I 22). Since then, after years of practice, I've been working on  new material and have a backlog going. In fact I am getting ready to post a new one called Diamond Eyes. It might be up your ally.

I am sorry to disappoint you about not continuing this story, but at the very least it's a learning experience and your review inspires me to keep going.

Link to review
lawfulneutralmage

  

Good story with an eunuch as main character.

Th beginning is hard to read, but it becomes progressively better.

As it is "Part 1", I would have expected a bit more explanation, especially as the world is a mix of real world medieval and fantasy. But there more parts, so we shall see.

Response from the author:

Eventually I would like to revamp this story as I wrote it when I was quite a bit younger. I was in my early twenties when I wrote it and really didn't care about editing or writing a coherent story. With renewed focus I think I could do a better job.

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..