Jump to content

Planet Redemption: Episode One

   (1 review)

Danni Aarmodt is exiled to Planet Redemption, a penal planet a hundred years away from Earth. Frozen for the trip, he wakes up on a new planet in Colony 12. Soon Danni learns that survival on Planet Redemption is the only currency. The only person he can trust is himself. As if that's not bad enough Colony 12 discovers something that is equally fascinating and terrifying in nature...and it's been buried underneath the ice for millions of years.

Warning: This story is very dark and gritty. If you are easily triggered do not read!
 
2017 Valentine Davis

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

knotme

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Bleak. Dismal. Hopeless. Many a movie tries for this, but they almost all fall sort of good fiction; they’re too explicit for their own good. Looking past the compelling atmosphere, I try to identify with people; Diana and Danny most interest me. For Diana, Danni presents an opportunity, a bit of flexilibity, a broadening of the narrow track that she had simply trudged along. For Danni, this place is, remarkably, and improvement. Does it come too late?

 

Rethinking this episode for a review reminded me of the famous Twilight Zone episode, “It’s a Good Life,” arguably the most harrowing story on any screen. Danni resembles Anthony only in that power is all out of proportion to empathy. But whereas the TW episode is utterly without hope, the arrival of Danni is a ray of hope. Maybe.

 

The stage is set. We’ve met the actors. Let the show unfold! 4 stars for promise.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..