Jump to content
    Valkyrie
    • Signature Author
  • 663 Words
  • 2,879 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Alex's Legacy - 11. Epilogue

I lay on the couch with my head in Aaron’s lap. He stroked my hair absently. He was silent for several minutes after I finished speaking. I turned so I was lying on my back looking up at him. He ran his hand along my cheek.

“He sounds like he was an amazing man.”

“He was,” I agreed.

Aaron shifted his weight. “Can you move, sweetheart? I need to use the bathroom.”

I sat up and Aaron limped away. When he returned, he sat on the chair instead of the couch. It was the first time since I met him that I felt any distance between us.

“What do you want for dinner?”

“Aaron…”

“Sam, we haven’t eaten all day. I’m starving. What do you want me to order?”

“Whatever you want is fine.”

He walked to the kitchen and I heard him place an order for Chinese food. When he returned, he sat in the chair again. I crawled into his lap, resting my head against his chest.

“I love you, Aaron.”

“I love you too, Sam.” He rubbed my back, then held me tightly to his chest. “I don’t know what to say, Sammy. I don’t know how I can live up to that.”

I sat up, frowning. “I’ve never compared the two of you and never will. I thought I would live out the rest of my life alone until you crashed into my ‘New Releases’.”

He smiled ruefully. “I’ll never be Alex.”

“I don’t want you to be. What Alex and I had was special, but so is what we have.” I crawled up his chest until our foreheads touched and I looked into his eyes. “You showed me that it was possible for me to love again. I don’t want to lose you.”

Aaron kissed me. I brushed a tear away from his cheek and ran my tongue along his lower lip. He opened his mouth and we made out for several minutes until we both were panting with need. I wrapped my legs around Aaron’s waist as he carried me to our bedroom and we collapsed on the bed in a heap of tangled limbs.

We were desperate in our lovemaking. I wanted to feel Aaron as deep inside me as he could get and from the urgency of his thrusts, I guess he felt the same way. He pulled away every time he got close to the brink, until he was drenched in sweat and breathing erratically. Neither of us wanted our session to end, so I rolled him onto his back, straddling him and riding him until he came inside me. Seeing the look on his face as he spent himself triggered my own release and I collapsed on top of him in a sweaty, sticky, contented mess.

*****

Aaron and I both took the next day off. We felt guilty for ignoring the Chinese delivery man the night before, so Aaron called the restaurant and paid for our order, including a generous tip for the delivery man, with a credit card. We spent the rest of the morning making love. At noon, Aaron went into the kitchen to make us lunch and I pulled out my cell phone.

“Hey Ricky.”

“Hey Sam. What’s up? Is everything ok?”

“I was wondering what you were up to tomorrow. I think it’s time I went through Alex’s things and I’d like you there in case there’s anything you want.”

“Tomorrow would be fine,” he said softly.

“Great. I’ll see you then.”

“See you.”

Aaron walked into our room with a tray full of soup and sandwiches. He carefully set it down and climbed into bed, settling next to me. We ate our lunch in companionable silence. Aaron returned the tray and our empty dishes to the kitchen and returned to find me buried under the covers, hugging my pillow. He slid next to me and I burrowed into his side, falling immediately into contented sleep.

Thank you so much for reading Alex's story. I really appreciate all the 'like's and reviews. I'd like to thank Louis and AC for their editing help and Cole for his beta input. I learned so much while writing this story, thanks to their input. :) Check out my response to Prompt 305 (link is in story description) if you'd like to read about when Sam and Aaron first met.
Copyright © 2015 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 5
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Beautiful story, sad but it felt very authentic. It's good that they talked about Alex so Aaron understands Sam more :) They need to adopt a cat lol.Poor Chinese delivery man :lol:
Great story, Valkyrie ! :hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/22/2015 02:27 AM, Slytherin said:

Beautiful story, sad but it felt very authentic. It's good that they talked about Alex so Aaron understands Sam more :) They need to adopt a cat lol.Poor Chinese delivery man :lol:

Great story, Valkyrie ! :hug:

Thanks, LBO! I'm so glad you liked it. :):hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

After I finished chapter ten, I reread the prologue so I could remember who the other guy in the story was. lol

 

Now I need to read the prompt!

 

This was such a wonderful story, Val, and I'm so glad I read it. I've been so sad this past week, and I've done so much crying, but for some weird reason, I wanted to cry about something else for a change, so I decided to finish your story. =)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 11/06/2015 01:03 PM, Lisa said:

After I finished chapter ten, I reread the prologue so I could remember who the other guy in the story was. lol

 

Now I need to read the prompt!

 

This was such a wonderful story, Val, and I'm so glad I read it. I've been so sad this past week, and I've done so much crying, but for some weird reason, I wanted to cry about something else for a change, so I decided to finish your story. =)

Awww...I'm sorry you've been having a rough time. :hug: I completely understand about wanting a distraction. I'm glad my story provided what you needed. The prompt tells the story of how Aaron and Sam met. It's one of my favorite prompt responses to date. Thank you so much for all the reading and for all the reviews. Seeing all the reviews for AL really made my day. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great story. Love and pain. Life, death, rebirth.
I always know I've read something good when I feel afterwards that I want to go and write.
Pardon me while I go and write.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 09/14/2016 11:39 AM, Geron Kees said:

Great story. Love and pain. Life, death, rebirth.

I always know I've read something good when I feel afterwards that I want to go and write.

Pardon me while I go and write.

Awww... thanks so much :) I've really enjoyed reliving the story through your reviews. I'm glad you liked it so much. If you'd like to read about how Sam and Aaron met, check out Prompt 305 in my 2014 Prompt Responses story. I believe the link is in the story description for AL. It was the inspiration behind this story.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Another great story and thank you for it.  Being a new readers of yours works I look forward to reading more.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
4 hours ago, Frostyvb said:

Another great story and thank you for it.  Being a new readers of yours works I look forward to reading more.

Thank you very much, and thank you for reading.  I'm glad you like my stories.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Val you write such great stories.  I do love this story of love.  Yes, there is great sadness, but you prepared us for that so we could focus on the tale of a great love.  Thank you for all the wonderful stories you have written.  I still have a few on my to read list, so you will hear from me again soon.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
4 hours ago, raven1 said:

Val you write such great stories.  I do love this story of love.  Yes, there is great sadness, but you prepared us for that so we could focus on the tale of a great love.  Thank you for all the wonderful stories you have written.  I still have a few on my to read list, so you will hear from me again soon.

Thank you so much!  I'm glad you like my stories so much and look forward to hearing your thoughts on my other stories too :hug:  

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..