Jump to content
    Valkyrie
    • Signature Author
  • 1,048 Words
  • 1,895 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Promptings from Valhalla - 6. Prompt 508

For LBO :hug:

Prompt 508 -Creative

Tag – List of Words

Use the following in a story – a blue coat, a large animal, a crutch, a new house, and an evergreen tree.

 

“There’s something you need to know about me before we move in together.” Alexander fiddled with his hands and looked at the ground. His normally pale face was decidedly red.

I took his hands in mine and was surprised to feel them trembling. My boyfriend was always so stoic; not much rattled him. The lunch we had just finished sat in my stomach in a large, undigested lump. I hoped my smile was reassuring, despite the sinking feeling I wasn’t going to like whatever Alex was about to reveal.

I squeezed his hands, then kissed him. “You know I love you, min svenska björn. Whatever it is, we’ll work through it.”

He nodded, then rose from the couch. “I hope you mean that, Sven. I love you too, and don’t want to lose you, but this is something you really ought to know. I’m sorry it took so long to tell you, but I didn’t want to scare you away. You’re too special to me.” He walked into his bedroom and closed the door.

The unsettled feeling in my stomach intensified, and I really hoped I wasn’t about to lose its contents. I stared out the window and watched the evergreen tree in front of the building as it swayed in the wind. I found it oddly hypnotic and comforting. There was a similar tree in front of the new house I had just bought. I hoped that Alexander and I would spend the rest of our lives in that house.

It was the happiest day of my life when he said he’d move in with me. I planned on proposing and carrying him over the threshold before we set foot in the house, provided he said ‘yes’. It was an old joke between us. He always said that if he ever got married, he wanted to carry his husband across the threshold on their wedding night. The joke lay in the fact that Alex was too diminutive to ever be able to actually do it. Especially if it was me.

Now I wasn’t sure I would even propose, depending on what secret Alex had been hiding from me. He had been my crutch, in the best possible sense of the word, for so long that I didn’t know what I’d do without him. I didn’t know much English when I moved to the United States from Sweden, so navigating a new country and learning a new language proved overwhelming at times. I met Alex in college. He was the son of Swedish immigrants and grew up bi-lingual. I credit him with the fact that I graduated and now had a successful career.

I wondered if he was going to come out as trans. Alex had very effeminate features and mannerisms, even though he never seemed anything other than masculine to me. He was all man in every way it counted. He was the best lover I ever had, and I attributed that as much to our closeness as to his technique under the sheets. I honestly didn’t know how I’d react if he was trans. I’d never been into women, even those who were anatomically male. I drummed my fingers on the couch arm and bounced my leg. My stomach was roiling.

I jumped when I heard the squeak of Alex’s door hinges and turned my head. My jaw dropped open as I beheld the sight of what I assumed was my boyfriend emerging from the open bedroom door. My eyes followed him as he slowly walked over to stand in front of me. I am an extrovert by nature, and very talkative, but I stared in shocked silence for a full minute before he spoke.

“Please say something, Sven.”

I found myself wishing he was trans. That I could deal with. “Uh… what… uh…” was my eloquent response.

Alexander was dressed as a large animal with a blue coat—a Care Bear, if I remembered my childhood toys right.

“This is my hobby, älskling.”

I flashed back to an episode of CSI I had seen years ago. I never would have envisioned my boyfriend as a ‘furry’. Alex removed his giant, blue head and sat on the coffee table across from me. He looked crestfallen and a tear slid down his cheek.

“I really hoped you’d be able to accept this,” he said, wiping away the tear with a furry, blue paw.

I swallowed audibly. “This is going to take a little getting used to. It’s not every day your boyfriend tells you he like to dress up like animals.”

He looked at me hopefully. “So you’re not breaking up with me?”

“I have to admit this is a bit of a shock.” I grimaced. “Please tell me you don’t have sex in that thing.”

Alex’s face turned beet red, and he looked away. “Well, I have had sex in it, but it’s not like it’s the only way I like to have sex. You should know that. I love our sex life.” His blue eyes flashed over to me briefly.

I ran my hand through my hair. “So tell me what you do, then. What does it mean to be a… ‘furry’?”

Alex smiled. “Do you really want to know?”

I shook my head. “No… but I probably ought to since this seems to be a big part of your life. Just don’t ask me to participate because…well…just because…um…no.” I laughed.

Alex let out the breath he had been holding. “Ok. So you’re not really freaked out by this?”

“Oh, I’m totally freaked out. But I love you too much to let you go over something you obviously enjoy.” I smirked, chuckling. “So I guess you really are min svenska björn.”

“Din svenska blåa björn.” He winked.

“How about we get you out of that thing and spend the rest of the day like we originally planned?”

I took his paw as we headed to the bedroom. “Sounds good to me.”

 

min svenska björn – my Swedish bear

Älskling – darling

Din svenska blåa björn – your Swedish blue bear

A huge thank you to Puppilull for her assistance with the Swedish words and phrases. Please leave a review and let me know how you liked the prompt. Thanks for reading!
Copyright © 2018 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sweet and wonderful and funny.. I have to admit there was a brief (very brief, i swear) squeak, and smirk from me. However, I'm accepting, and well furries are hurting no one!
Nice job, Val!!!

Link to comment

:funny: I saw that CSI episode on TV last week, I knew I shouldn't have told you ;) Prompt was cute, funny amd furry just the way I like them :lol:

 

Thanks Penguin :hug:

Link to comment

That kind of fur and fluff might not be my cup of tea, but I'm sure Alex and Sven will have a sure fire way to stay warm in the winter from now on... ;)

Link to comment

A wonderful short. I was suitably impressed by how you managed to fit in all the necessary words. I particularly loved the creativity you employed to get over the large animal and the blue coat. That would have never have occurred to me, which is probably why you're a writer and I'm not! :)

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/25/2016 02:51 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Sweet and wonderful and funny.. I have to admit there was a brief (very brief, i swear) squeak, and smirk from me. However, I'm accepting, and well furries are hurting no one!

Nice job, Val!!!

:gikkle: I'm glad I produced such a hilarious reaction from you ;) lol Furries are people too...right? Sort of... lol Thanks for the review!

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/25/2016 09:31 PM, Slytherin said:

:funny: I saw that CSI episode on TV last week, I knew I shouldn't have told you ;) Prompt was cute, funny amd furry just the way I like them :lol:

 

Thanks Penguin :hug:

Large animal and blue coat immediately made me think of you, even if you are a Little Blue One ;) I'm glad you liked it. :)

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/26/2016 02:33 AM, Puppilull said:

That kind of fur and fluff might not be my cup of tea, but I'm sure Alex and Sven will have a sure fire way to stay warm in the winter from now on... ;)

lol It's not exactly my cup of tea either. ;) I'm not sure how into it Sven will ever be, but he loves Alex enough for it not to be a deal-breaker. Thanks again for your help and and for the review :)

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/26/2016 03:55 AM, northie said:

A wonderful short. I was suitably impressed by how you managed to fit in all the necessary words. I particularly loved the creativity you employed to get over the large animal and the blue coat. That would have never have occurred to me, which is probably why you're a writer and I'm not! :)

Thanks for such a nice review, Northie :) I'm glad you liked the story. :)

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
8 hours ago, Sherye said:

Nicely done, Val! Loved it!

Thank you! 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..