Jump to content
    Valkyrie
    • Signature Author
  • 2,279 Words
  • 4,661 Views
  • 26 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Hollow Hills - 12. Chapter 12

It's time for another change in perspective. We get to learn about the beginning of Josh and Roger's relationship.

Joshua

I slid the omelet onto a plate and placed it in front of Roger. We were spending the weekend together. It was precious time to me, since it was rare he was able to spend more than a night with me. I was elated to have him all to myself for two whole days. Alannah was away for the weekend, giving a clinic, so we had the house to ourselves.

I sat down gingerly after serving my own omelet. Roger had been a bit vigorous the night before. He took a bite of his breakfast and smiled.

“You’re so good to me. I don’t know what I ever did to deserve you.”

I leaned over and kissed him. “I don’t know, either.” I teased.

He looked at me seriously. “I mean it, Josh. You mean the world to me. I don’t know what I’d do without you. I love you.”

I couldn’t stop the smile that spread across my face. Hearing those words always sent a thrill down my spine. “I love you too, Roger.”

“I wish I could spend more time with you. You know that, right?”

“Yeah. I know.”

He sighed and took my hand. “Sometimes I wonder if my career is worth the price of my personal life.”

I squeezed his hand. “You know you’re welcome here any time.”

He laughed. “Tell that to Alannah. I don’t think she likes me very much.”

I frowned. “She just wants what’s best for me.”

“And that’s not me.”

“It doesn’t matter what she thinks. It’s not what I think.”

“Something’s going on with you, though. You’ve been very quiet lately. What’s wrong?”

I sighed. “Nothing’s wrong, Roger.”

He looked at me skeptically. “I’ve known you a long time now, Josh. Something’s on your mind.”

I set my fork down and looked him in his eyes. “It’s nothing. Really. I’m ok.”

“But it is something.”

It was something. Today was supposed to be the day that Galen brought his boyfriend over to meet us. I was secretly relieved when he called last night to cancel; even more so after Roger told me he could spend the whole weekend with me. I wasn’t so sure I wanted Roger and Galen to meet. Roger was a hopeless flirt and some of the things he said to people made me cringe. I could just imagine his comments to the beautiful blond Galen.

“It’s just work. I had a lot of deadlines come up at the same time at the magazine, and business at the barn has been very busy. You should understand that.”

He laughed. “Yeah, I understand. I was just worried it was me. I don’t want to lose you, Josh.”

I smiled. “I don’t want to lose you, either.”

Roger stood and grabbed my hand, pulling me to my feet. He drew me close and kissed me. He broke the kiss when we both needed air and led me into my bedroom. We spent the majority of the day in bed, pausing only for me to make lunch and dinner. After dinner I went to the barn and did night check. Caroline was a doll and had agreed to teach my lessons for me all weekend, along with taking care of the barn. She was getting married in a few months and could use the extra money.

When I finished, I paused at Buck’s stall and watched him eat his hay. He walked over to me and nosed my pockets, looking for treats. I scratched behind his ears and he bobbed his head up and down in time with my scratches. I smiled. Galen loved that horse as much as I had loved Blackjack. I frowned and moved my hand away from Buck. He nuzzled me, looking for more attention. I turned my back to him and walked out of the barn. I pushed thoughts of Blackjack out of my mind. It hurt too much to remember him.

 

Later that night, I lay awake and watched Roger sleep. It felt great having him in my bed. I thought about when we first met, a little over eight years ago.

I had been living on the farm for about seven years and put all my concentration into the magazine and the farm. I hadn’t dated anyone since Henri, and I could count the number of lovers I had since then on one hand. I missed Henri. I really did love him. I knew he loved me too, but he was so afraid of what would happen if he came out. I missed waking up next to him and cooking with him. I was worried that I would never find someone to share my life with.

The night I met Roger I was feeling so lonely that it physically hurt. I decided to head into the city and check out a gay bar I had frequented a few times. I needed companionship, even if it was for only one night, and I’d had success there in the past. I sat at the bar for hours, but I was rejected every time I made a move. I was only thirty-two, but my black hair was already peppered with gray. I wasn’t what the younger patrons wanted for the night; the looks they gave me told me that. I wasn’t a big drinker, but I ordered my third beer and sat slumped on the stool. The night was not going as planned. I didn’t think it was possible for me to feel any more depressed.

A gorgeous black-haired man sat next to me. He smiled at me and ordered a drink. He turned to face me. “I’d ask if this seat was taken, but I have a feeling you’re not one to fall for cheesy pick-up lines.”

I laughed. “No offense, but that sounds like a cheesy pick-up line to me.”

He sipped his drink with a sly smile. “Did it work?”

“It depends on what you had in mind.”

“How about you tell me your name first? I’m Roger.” He held out his hand.

“Josh.” I shook his hand and his hold lingered before he grudgingly let go.

“Well, Josh, you’ve been here for two hours scoping everyone out. You’ve made a couple of moves, only to be rebuffed.” He leaned close to my ear. “They’re fools, by the way.” He sat up, smiling. “I think you’re here to get laid.”

I laughed. “I’m not sure whether I’m supposed to be creeped out or impressed.” I leaned in close to his ear. “Everyone’s here to get laid.” I winked.

“Touché. Tell me about yourself, Josh.”

“I’m an editor for a food and wine magazine.”

“So you know all the best places to eat.”

I laughed. “Yeah. I used to be a chef, but quit when I got the job at the magazine.”

Roger smirked. “So you can cook me an amazing breakfast in the morning.”

“Well, that depends on if you end up spending the night.”

He laughed and looked me over. “Oh, I’ll be spending the night.”

“You seem pretty sure about that.”

He leaned forward until his mouth was almost touching my ear. A shiver ran through my body as I felt his hot breath when he spoke.

“Tell me I’m wrong.”

He wasn’t. I ended up going to his place and spending the night. We didn’t have sex, though. We spent the whole night talking. It felt great. I told him all about Henri, the farm, and my job at the magazine. He asked about my riding career, but that was something that I wasn’t willing to discuss, even back then. Talking about riding meant I’d have to talk about Blackjack and I tried my hardest to bury that memory deep in the past.

He told me about his career in finance and his hopes and dreams. He wanted to open his own firm someday and was very clear about how much time he worked. He worked as many hours at one job as I did with two.

I cooked him breakfast, and he kissed me before I left later that morning. We made plans to get together the following weekend.

 

I ran my hand through Roger’s jet-black hair and trailed my fingers lightly along his stubbled jawline. I smiled as I remembered our early years. Roger had been so attentive back then. We usually saw each other once a week and then again on weekends. We alternated between his place and the farm, although weekends were always spent at the farm due to my lessons. He was a great lover. He only topped, which was fine with me since I prefer to bottom. He always made sure I was satisfied.

I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling for a minute before getting up to use the bathroom. I was wide awake, so I decided to make myself a cup of tea. I sat on the couch with my steaming cup of chamomile and thought back to when things started to change between Roger and me.

From the beginning, I had made it clear that I wouldn’t leave the farm. Roger’s job was in the city, so it wasn’t practical for him to move in with me since it was so far away. I understood that, but longed for the closeness and intimacy I had shared with Henri. Don’t get me wrong…I didn’t want a replacement Henri, but I did want to wake up next to the man I loved every morning. I wanted to cook for him and share our days with each other. I wanted the domesticity that had always been missing in my life. I took a sip of my tea and exhaled slowly. When I realized that I would never share that type of life with Roger, I almost broke up with him. He convinced me to stay, though, and for a while, he was even more attentive to me. That stopped around four years ago. It wasn’t as abrupt as that, though. It was more of a gradual lessening of our time together. He started coming over one day a week plus weekends, then it was just weekends, then every other weekend, then just a couple of nights a week. Eventually we progressed to the point we were at now. I usually saw him a couple of times a month, sometimes more if we were lucky. We always spent two weeks in the fall at his hunting cabin, and I looked forward to that time all year. I knew we didn’t have an ideal relationship, but it seemed to work for us. At least it did until I met Galen.

My thoughts turned to the beautiful blond. I had never met anyone like him before. He was so vibrant and gave me his friendship so completely. I smiled, thinking of our cooking lessons and the joy on his face when he realized that Buck was his. He had been about to kiss me when Liam pulled me away, and I was both grateful and irritated with the hunky sheriff for doing so. I thought I was past thinking of Galen as anything but a friend, but I admit to feeling a pang of jealousy at the thought of him and Ethan together. I wasn’t close to many people – never had been, but Galen managed to work his way into my heart from the moment I met him. My decision to stay with Roger wasn’t an easy one, but despite our issues I did love him. The thought of spending every day with Galen – sharing my bed with him, cooking with him, working in the barn with him – was very tempting, but my loyalty to Roger had won out. I didn’t regret my decision to stay with my black-haired boyfriend, even if a part of me still craved more. Besides, even if I did want to leave Roger for Galen, the blond-haired man wasn’t available anymore. I finished the last sip of my tea, placed the empty cup in the sink, and headed to my bedroom and lover.

Roger stirred when I slid under the covers and nestled into his side. He yawned and stretched his arms over his head. “What time is it?”

“Three a.m.”

“What were you doing up so early?”

“I couldn’t sleep, so I had a cup of tea.”

He drew me in for a kiss, then smiled suggestively. “I can think of something that will help you sleep.”

“We’ve done that all day, Roger. I’m a little sore.”

He ran his hand through my hair and alongside my face. “We don’t get to see each other that often, Josh.”

“I know.”

He pressed his hips into my leg, and I could feel his desire. “I’ll be gentle,” he said, nibbling on my neck.

I gave in, feeling slightly ashamed for doing so. Maybe it was a character flaw or just the way I’d been treated in the past, but I had a hard time saying ‘no’ when my partners wanted sex. Roger was right, though. I did fall asleep immediately after.

 

We spent Sunday in Boston, taking in the sights and shopping. We had lunch at a restaurant owned by a colleague of mine. We returned to the farm in the late afternoon, and Roger needed to head home since he worked the next day. Alannah returned shortly after Roger left, and I made us dinner. It had been an exhausting, but fulfilling weekend, spent with the man I loved. I lay in bed clutching Roger’s pillow, and let his scent lull me to sleep.

Please leave a 'like' or review and let me know what you thought of the chapter. I hope that Josh's relationship with Roger is a bit more understandable now. I'd like to extend a huge thank you to Cole for all his feedback on this chapter. Thanks to Lisa too, for her awesome editing. And thank you to everyone for reading! :)
Copyright © 2018 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 54
  • Love 2
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



It was nice seeing Josh side of things, how he reflects on his life, his situation with Roger and Galen.

I'm still not a Roger fan but I guess this chapter allow us to understand a bit more their situation.

At first they'd just meet, it was great because of the novelty of the relationship, at this stage in a relationship you thing you can deal with every bump on the road. But the reality catched up on them. Their lives was and still are really differents: Josh live at a barn, has a quite life and Roger is in the city and wants to evolve profesionnaly. Sure they have tried to save their relationship and it was great again, but just for a while. Now they're back in this place where they both have lives so different.

Seeing how Josh speak of his relationships with both Roger and Galen I feel like he don't really have a connection with Roger like he does with Galen. Like he's use to the idea of being in a relationship with Roger. I'm not saying he doesn't love him anymore but let's be real for a minute here. Can you really build a life with someone seeing each other only once or twice a month and having only the good moments of the past in commun?

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I liked the story being told in first person. It felt very real, even with the different choices that Josh seemed to sift through.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

It was interesting to get to know Roger a bit more. He's not the bastard he was made out to be, but a person like everyone else with flaws and good points.

 

Josh really needs to come to some kind of resolution about Henri and Blackjack. He was hurt bad and has built himself a nice, numb fort where he won't be hurt ever again. Only now, Galen is on the way to break down the walls. It seems to me something drastic needs to happen to shake Josh out of that comfort zone. Question is what..?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/15/2015 08:36 AM, clochette said:
It was nice seeing Josh side of things, how he reflects on his life, his situation with Roger and Galen.

I'm still not a Roger fan but I guess this chapter allow us to understand a bit more their situation.

At first they'd just meet, it was great because of the novelty of the relationship, at this stage in a relationship you thing you can deal with every bump on the road. But the reality catched up on them. Their lives was and still are really differents: Josh live at a barn, has a quite life and Roger is in the city and wants to evolve profesionnaly. Sure they have tried to save their relationship and it was great again, but just for a while. Now they're back in this place where they both have lives so different.

Seeing how Josh speak of his relationships with both Roger and Galen I feel like he don't really have a connection with Roger like he does with Galen. Like he's use to the idea of being in a relationship with Roger. I'm not saying he doesn't love him anymore but let's be real for a minute here. Can you really build a life with someone seeing each other only once or twice a month and having only the good moments of the past in commun?

Great review, Clochette, and that's a great question at the end. What kind of life are Josh and Roger building or settling for, and is it enough for either one of them? We'll see as the story progresses. ;) I'm glad you liked the chapter. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/15/2015 09:33 AM, alex canton said:
I liked the story being told in first person. It felt very real, even with the different choices that Josh seemed to sift through.
Thanks for the kind words, Alex, and thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/15/2015 05:52 PM, Puppilull said:
It was interesting to get to know Roger a bit more. He's not the bastard he was made out to be, but a person like everyone else with flaws and good points.

 

Josh really needs to come to some kind of resolution about Henri and Blackjack. He was hurt bad and has built himself a nice, numb fort where he won't be hurt ever again. Only now, Galen is on the way to break down the walls. It seems to me something drastic needs to happen to shake Josh out of that comfort zone. Question is what..?

You have really good insight, Puppilull. We'll see what the future has in store. As I warned in the story description, there is tragedy on the horizon. The question is what will happen to whom and when. Thanks for the review!
  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm glad we got a better idea of how he ended up where he is with Roger. that said, I don't have softer feelings for roger at all. I think from the pick-up on, he took advantage of what he read on Josh's face. His insecurity and feeling down when he was rebuffed at the club...but roger swooped in after watching it for a long time and waiting for him to be vulnerable. He reeled him in and then slowly gave him less when he knew Josh would accept scraps. The fact that he'd still want to have sex when josh said he was sore was disgusting to me. It's all about him. He's a selfish man.

I'd like to know what happened with Blackjack that could change Josh so much. Is that part of who he is with Roger or just how he is with the horses?

I have to be honest, I feel like the story is kinda stuck in one place. I'm not trying to be mean...I just like to be honest if I like an author/story alot. I feel like these two are just stuck and I hope that something shakes things up soon. It bothers me to see that Galen is getting like Josh and settling b/c he doesn't have Josh. He's going to hurt Ethan more b/c of it. Josh is just wilting away and dying inside more and more. He's more aware of the fact he's settling than I thought. But, it seems clear to me that fact that he loves Roger and his belief that it's enough, will keep him in that relationship. I really don't want to see the story endlessly stick watching two characters just stay in the same wrong situations.

I wish you would at least have Liam make a move with Alannah b/c at least I'd see someone moving forward in a healthy way. I am wondering what is in the water at HH's thatmakes even Liam and Alannah happy to just stick with what they have and not want more or show some balls and go after what they want.

I Hope we can see some steps forward. sorry to seem so frustrated I loved the chapter bc of what we learned. But, his unhealthy submissive behavior and his continued assertion that he's in the right place got to me. Once again, I also wish to hell someone would see what roger is up to in his city life b/c i don't believe for one second he isn't filling some free time and some other guys :)

thanks!

Thanks

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Ok, lol, I'll admit it – hearing Roger say 'I love you' at the start of the chapter was a major shock…you don't make this easy on the reader.

 

The insight this chapter offers is invaluable, and hearing about the achievable simplicity of Josh's desire for a home life with a mate, breaks my heart. How can he both know he'll never get it from Roger, and still be committed to making himself unhappy? I suppose the sexual compatibility between Roger and Josh, as Josh thinks of it, holds him close to the real intimacy they used to share, but that seems like a distant memory. Roger hardly seems like he cares if he says stuff like 'babe, finish yourself off.' LOL.

 

Oh well, nothing is ever easy in life, and it is fascinating to get more first-hand thinking from Joshua.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/17/2015 04:45 AM, Cannd said:
I'm glad we got a better idea of how he ended up where he is with Roger. that said, I don't have softer feelings for roger at all. I think from the pick-up on, he took advantage of what he read on Josh's face. His insecurity and feeling down when he was rebuffed at the club...but roger swooped in after watching it for a long time and waiting for him to be vulnerable. He reeled him in and then slowly gave him less when he knew Josh would accept scraps. The fact that he'd still want to have sex when josh said he was sore was disgusting to me. It's all about him. He's a selfish man.

I'd like to know what happened with Blackjack that could change Josh so much. Is that part of who he is with Roger or just how he is with the horses?

I have to be honest, I feel like the story is kinda stuck in one place. I'm not trying to be mean...I just like to be honest if I like an author/story alot. I feel like these two are just stuck and I hope that something shakes things up soon. It bothers me to see that Galen is getting like Josh and settling b/c he doesn't have Josh. He's going to hurt Ethan more b/c of it. Josh is just wilting away and dying inside more and more. He's more aware of the fact he's settling than I thought. But, it seems clear to me that fact that he loves Roger and his belief that it's enough, will keep him in that relationship. I really don't want to see the story endlessly stick watching two characters just stay in the same wrong situations.

I wish you would at least have Liam make a move with Alannah b/c at least I'd see someone moving forward in a healthy way. I am wondering what is in the water at HH's thatmakes even Liam and Alannah happy to just stick with what they have and not want more or show some balls and go after what they want.

I Hope we can see some steps forward. sorry to seem so frustrated I loved the chapter bc of what we learned. But, his unhealthy submissive behavior and his continued assertion that he's in the right place got to me. Once again, I also wish to hell someone would see what roger is up to in his city life b/c i don't believe for one second he isn't filling some free time and some other guys :)

thanks!

Thanks

GAH! I'm so sorry it took me so long to reply to this. I read it and meant to come back to reply, then it just slipped my mind! Bad Valkyrie... Anyway, thanks for the great review, Cannd. I think you've pegged Roger pretty accurately. He is a very selfish and manipulative man. You'll learn more about Blackjack and what happened to him and Josh soon. I'm sorry you feel that the story is stuck. I just posted Chapter 13 and I hope that will help you feel that the story is moving along more. Thanks for your support. I appreciate it!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/23/2015 08:58 AM, AC Benus said:
Ok, lol, I'll admit it – hearing Roger say 'I love you' at the start of the chapter was a major shock…you don't make this easy on the reader.

 

The insight this chapter offers is invaluable, and hearing about the achievable simplicity of Josh's desire for a home life with a mate, breaks my heart. How can he both know he'll never get it from Roger, and still be committed to making himself unhappy? I suppose the sexual compatibility between Roger and Josh, as Josh thinks of it, holds him close to the real intimacy they used to share, but that seems like a distant memory. Roger hardly seems like he cares if he says stuff like 'babe, finish yourself off.' LOL.

 

Oh well, nothing is ever easy in life, and it is fascinating to get more first-hand thinking from Joshua.

Thanks for the great review, AC. I'm sorry it took so long to reply. I don't know where my brain is lately...lol It felt weird to me when I wrote that Roger said "I love you" to Josh. He's such a manipulative bastard, and I wanted to show that. Their relationship is anything but easy and I'm glad you liked getting to know them better. I really appreciate your support and reviews. :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Hey, Val. I managed to get back to this, finally. It was an interesting chapter about the history of Josh and Roger. I have no problem with the distance thing. but I do have a problem with someone who doesn't hear the word 'NO', and that's what Josh was saying when he said he was was sore. Josh really needs to grow a pair. He seems to be stuck in limbo, accepting what he knows isn't the best thing for him. Not many relationships are perfect, but if you don't have mutual respect, you have nothing. I'm not sure I'm getting why this has gone on so long. It started deteriorating four years ago, and was never ideal in the first place. I trust you will show us more of why Josh accepts this fraction of a life he wants. Cheers... Gary

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 07/23/2015 12:31 AM, Headstall said:

Hey, Val. I managed to get back to this, finally. It was an interesting chapter about the history of Josh and Roger. I have no problem with the distance thing. but I do have a problem with someone who doesn't hear the word 'NO', and that's what Josh was saying when he said he was was sore. Josh really needs to grow a pair. He seems to be stuck in limbo, accepting what he knows isn't the best thing for him. Not many relationships are perfect, but if you don't have mutual respect, you have nothing. I'm not sure I'm getting why this has gone on so long. It started deteriorating four years ago, and was never ideal in the first place. I trust you will show us more of why Josh accepts this fraction of a life he wants. Cheers... Gary

Glad to have you back, Gary. :) You've hit on some very good points about their relationship. Sometimes people do things that defy explanation. I think you'll come to understand Josh more as the story progresses. Thanks for the review. :)

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Roger is what I expected. Some people can't say no, and they can't see full stop. But Josh seems to see Rogers faults to a point. Interesting.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 04/29/2016 01:14 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Roger is what I expected. Some people can't say no, and they can't see full stop. But Josh seems to see Rogers faults to a point. Interesting.

Josh is a complex guy with a lot of issues. Things are a bit clearer now, but there's more to come. Thanks for reading :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Well I have never like Roger, and I continue not to like him. I did enjoy learning more about josh. And again a great chapter:P

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Thanks :) There's a big club of Roger haters.  Welcome to it! :gikkle: 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Ugh.  Roger pressuring Josh into sex when he said he didn't want to makes me gag.  I wonder what Josh is getting out of this relationship?  "Loyalty" is not a good reason to stay in an unfulfilling relationship and it is clear from this chapter that a LDR isn't something that Josh wants, though maybe Roger does.  There nothing wrong with wanting a close everyday relationship, nor is there anything wrong with having a LDR (in my opinion) but their needs and expectations in a relationship seem so different that I don't see a lot of compatibility.  This relationship is doomed.    

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 8/22/2017 at 10:17 PM, CassieQ said:

Ugh.  Roger pressuring Josh into sex when he said he didn't want to makes me gag.  I wonder what Josh is getting out of this relationship?  "Loyalty" is not a good reason to stay in an unfulfilling relationship and it is clear from this chapter that a LDR isn't something that Josh wants, though maybe Roger does.  There nothing wrong with wanting a close everyday relationship, nor is there anything wrong with having a LDR (in my opinion) but their needs and expectations in a relationship seem so different that I don't see a lot of compatibility.  This relationship is doomed.    

Sorry for the delayed response... I just saw your comment.  And your comments are spot on. ;) Thanks again for reading.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
8 hours ago, aditus said:

I you wanted t show Roger is an egotistical a....; mission accomplished.:angry:

:yes:  

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am so glad you wrote this chapter from Josh's POV.  I do feel better about him.  Once he commits, he doesn't simply bailout of a relationship, because it is inconvenient or he's found something new and better. 

Roger is an opportunist who has already left the relationship.  He is just being manipulative and possessive in stringing Josh along with the lame excuse of being busy.  Finance is a profession that relies on online communications that can be done from home.  Trips would only be a bit longer with the trip to the airport.  Instead, Roger remains in the city where I am sure he can conveniently fill in a few extra trips to the bar for relief for the night.  I honestly think Josh may not be the only stud in Roger's stable. 

Great chapter Valkyrie, but I am still not happy about what is happening to Ethan!:yes:

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Josh isn't a bad guy.  He's someone who's made a lot of mistakes and can be too stubborn for his own good.  I can't find much to say redeeming about Roger so I'll :X  Thanks for leaving me such great comments to wake up to :) 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Roger is just using Josh, saddly I suspect for him Josh is more an excuse to not commit to any of the others he's seeing on the sly.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
8 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Roger is just using Josh, saddly I suspect for him Josh is more an excuse to not commit to any of the others he's seeing on the sly.

:X  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..