Jump to content
    Valkyrie
    • Signature Author
  • 2,080 Words
  • 6,224 Views
  • 48 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Hollow Hills - 5. Chapter 5

This chapter brings a change in perspective. We get to meet Roger and learn more about Josh's thoughts.

Joshua

I smiled broadly as Roger walked through the front door and into my arms. I inhaled his spicy scent and tilted my head up to kiss him. The feel of his tongue in my mouth and hand on my ass almost made me forget the look on Galen’s face when I informed everyone that Roger was coming over.

“I missed you so much, Josh. I need you… now,” he growled low in my ear, sending a rush that coursed south through my veins. He grinned and grabbed my hand, dragging me toward my bedroom. He stopped when he saw Alannah. “You could join us, you know.” He laughed and winked at her.

She shot him a scathing look. “I’m going to do barn check,” she said, then walked out the door.

Roger stared after her. “Too bad,” he muttered. He said it almost soft enough that I didn’t hear. I hated it when he talked like that. Alannah thought he was serious, even if I didn’t. At least, I thought he wasn’t.

He pulled me toward my bedroom and embraced me again once we were inside, kissing me all over my face and neck. It didn’t take long before he was shoving me down on my knees. It never did. I undid his belt and slid his jeans down past his underwear, taking time to nuzzle the ample bulge that was forming and inhale his unique scent. I ran my hands as far up his back as I could reach and played teasingly with the waistband of his briefs. He stepped away from me and kicked off his jeans, pulling off his underwear and grabbing my head, thrusting his crotch in my face.

“C’mon, Josh. You know what I need.”

I took him in my mouth and bobbed my head up and down, cupping his balls and gently squeezing. Roger groaned and thrust into my mouth, causing me to gag and pull off. He pulled me upward and shoved me on the bed with a wicked smile. I undid my jeans and pulled them and my boxers off in one motion, kicking them to the floor. Roger went into my nightstand and grabbed the lube, pouring it onto his erection.

“Flip over,” he commanded.

I felt him probe my entrance none too gently and winced as he penetrated me with his finger. It wasn’t long before he added a second one, then I felt the cold wetness of the lube followed almost immediately by his cock. He thrust into me with one long stroke and I grabbed the bedspread with both hands, gripping it tightly until the pain subsided. It didn’t take long before he established a steady rhythm and I moaned in pleasure. It had been a long time since Roger’s last visit.

I found myself wondering what Galen would be like in bed, then immediately felt guilty for thinking of the beautiful blond man while my boyfriend was making love to me. It was bad enough that I had kissed Galen behind Roger’s back. I knew that I needed to control myself better around him. I wasn’t a cheater and felt ashamed of my actions. I didn’t want Galen to get the wrong impression of me, especially knowing what Jamie put him through.

Roger thrust hard and fast into me and I knew he wasn’t going to last long. His breathing and rhythm both faltered and I felt a hot burst as he came inside me. He collapsed on top of me and then rolled onto his back, grinning.

“You are so amazing. I can’t get enough of you.” He panted. “Let me watch you finish yourself off. I’m exhausted, babe.”

I didn’t last very long. I was imagining blond hair and bright green eyes that seemed to look directly into my soul. After I finished I went into my bathroom and got a warm washcloth to clean up my black-haired boyfriend, and feeling incredibly guilty.

 

Roger hugged me from behind as I put a pot of coffee on. I turned in his embrace and wrapped my arms around him. I craved his touch. I ran my fingers through his jet-black hair and traced the stubble on his cheek. I loved the feel of it. I kissed him and laid my head against his chest.

“Are you hungry? There’s some shepherd’s pie left over. I can heat you up a plate.” I said.

“Nah. I can’t stay. I have an early meeting tomorrow morning.”

I frowned. I hadn’t seen him in close to a month. “You just got here. Can’t you stay a little longer?”

“I’m sorry, babe. Work is killing me lately. I really wish I could.”

“When will I see you again? I miss you, Roger. It seems like I hardly see you anymore.” I hugged him tighter.

He drew away from me and brushed my hair back, kissing my forehead. “I miss you, too. I’ll be out of town the next couple of weeks, but I’ll call you when I get back.”

“Two weeks?” I frowned. At least it wasn’t a month.

“I’ll make it up to you sweetheart, I promise.” He kissed me and ruffled my hair as he walked out the door. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I said to my boyfriend’s back.

*****

I tossed and turned for a couple hours before giving up on sleep and padding my way into the kitchen. I made some hot cocoa and put a log on the embers that were still glowing in the fireplace. The cocoa tasted smooth and chocolaty, with just a hint of cinnamon. I relaxed as I sipped it in front of the fire, wrapped up in a soft blanket. Hot cocoa was my go-to comfort drink in the winter. There was just something so soothing about sipping it curled up in front of a hot fire. My thoughts drifted to Galen, as they seemed to do quite frequently ever since I met him.

I surprised myself when I let him help me in the kitchen. I was glad I did, though. It was so much fun teaching him how to cook. It reminded me of Henri’s cooking lessons. I sighed deeply and took a sip of cocoa. I hadn’t thought of Henri in years. He was the only man I ever considered settling down with, and although he wanted the same thing I refused to live my life in the closet. It took me two years to figure out that he never planned on leaving it.

I realized with a start that the urge to settle down with someone had been reawakened in me. It felt so natural being around Galen and I wanted him around all the time. He was so funny and smart and beautiful. I’d never met a better-looking man in my life. He could be a model. It wasn’t just those bright green eyes that looked at me with a mixture of innocence and knowing, or his delightfully messy sandy-blond hair with every strand exactly where he wanted it that appealed to me. There was something about the man as a whole. He had a thirst for knowledge that made it a delight to teach him. I couldn’t wait to get him on a horse. I stopped teaching beginners a long time ago, but for him I’d make an exception.

Galen and Roger were as different as night and day. I scowled into my cup. I had those feelings for Roger once, but accepted our arrangement long ago. We fulfilled a need in each other that no one understood, especially Alannah and Liam. I wanted nothing more than for Roger to move in with me, but he worked so far away from the farm that it wasn’t practical, especially in the winter. The Hollow Hills was my home and there was no way I was leaving it, not even for Roger. I loved him and wished we could spend more time together, but after Henri I gave up on the notion of spending the rest of my life in domestic bliss with another man. It just wasn’t in the cards for me.

I needed to stop thinking of Galen as anything more than just a friend. I wondered what the beautiful blond saw in me. He could have his choice of men. Why me? I was nothing special. I was older than him by about ten years I guessed. I wasn’t gorgeous or famous. Well, I was in both the cooking and show-jumping worlds, but Galen wasn’t a part of either.

I finished my cocoa and headed back to bed, hoping that sleep wouldn’t continue to elude me.

*****

I yawned as I turned the bacon in the sizzling pan.

“Rough night?”

“I had a lot on my mind.” I swatted Alannah’s hand when she tried to swipe a slice of already cooked bacon.

“Roger left awfully early.”

“Please don’t start.”

“It was just an observation.”

“Nothing’s just an observation with you.”

“I don’t want to argue,” she said, pouring a cup of coffee.

“Then don’t.” I stirred the scrambled egg mixture with a fork and poured it into the pan with the hot bacon grease. When they were cooked, I put some shredded cheddar on top and scooped the fluffy eggs into a bowl before setting it on the table.

I poured us each a glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice and sat down to eat.

“Do you have any lessons tonight?”

I nodded. “Just one. I have a big article due Friday, so Caroline’s going to teach the rest of my lessons this week. Galen’s coming on Saturday. He’s my next lesson after that.”

“You don’t usually teach beginners,” she said with a smirk.

“I know, but he’s a friend so I made an exception.”

“Are you giving him a cooking lesson, too?”

I narrowed my eyes at her. “And if I am?”

She laughed. “I think it’s wonderful you’re finally letting someone in your kitchen. If I’d known all it would take is a hot man, I’d have found you one ages ago.”

I set my fork down with a loud clatter. “I already have a man.”

“Relax, love. I wasn’t disparaging Roger.”

“I wish you’d stop talking about him so negatively. You just don’t understand him.”

“You’re right, I don’t. You deserve better.”

I scowled as I stood and cleared my dishes. “I’m heading to the office. You can clean up.” I grabbed my briefcase and coat and slammed the front door on the way to my truck. I know it was childish, but it made me feel slightly better.

*****

My office phone rang and I was grateful for the distraction. I was having a hell of a time trying to concentrate on writing my article.

“This is Joshua Riordan, how can I help you?”

“Hey, sweetheart. I just needed to hear your voice.”

My heart swelled upon hearing Roger’s voice. “Hey, it’s good to hear from you.”

“Is everything ok? You seemed a bit distracted last night.”

“Yeah, everything’s fine. I just missed you so much. It’s going to be hard to wait two weeks before I see you again.”

“I know the feeling. I was just remembering how incredible last night was and thinking about your mouth and the things you do with it.”

I could hear the smirk in his voice. “I can’t wait to do those things to you again.”

“Tell me what you want to do to me,” he said in a low, sexy voice.

“I can’t do that here! I’m at work!”

“Aw, c’mon…

I jumped when I heard a loud knock on the door. “Hang on a sec, Roger.” I covered the phone with my hand. “Come in!”

Margaret, my secretary, poked her head in the door. “Lunch is here, Josh.”

“Ok. I’ll be out in a minute.” I exhaled before putting the phone back to my ear. “I gotta go, hun. Lunch is here.”

“C’mon…you don’t have a minute to describe what you’ll do to me the next time I come over?”

“It will take a lot more than a minute. I can’t wait to see you again.”

“Same here. Bye, Josh. I’ll talk to you soon.”

“Love you.”

He had already hung up.

I ate my lunch with a big smile on my face. I even managed to get a large chunk of my article written, despite being distracted by thoughts of my hot boyfriend.

So now you know a little more about Josh and Roger. What do you think? Things can't go on the way they are with Galen and Josh. What do you want to see? Should Josh dump Roger for Galen or should he be content staying with the man he's been with for the past eight years? Is it possible for Galen and Josh to be just friends? You'll find out what the "Roger resolution" is in the next chapter. :) I'd love to hear your predictions. Thanks for reading!
Copyright © 2018 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 58
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Okay, so we already suspected that but now it's sure: Roger's an asshole and absolutly not in the good way.

He only come to get off. Their relationship seems more like a fuck budy relationship and it seems like he only says "i love you" to Josh cause he knows it's what he wants to hear and to keep him always ready to put out. But apparently Josh thinks that being in a "real" realtionship where your partner is close to you in all senses other than sex isn't in the cards for him. He has accept this like the fatality of his life. BUT, but, maybe, now that a new man has enter his life, maybe he'll start to see things a little differently, to start to want different things in life, to want more.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Clochette is right....Roger is an asshole; it's clear the only one he cares about is himself. It's damn near an abusive relationship..."tell me everything you're going to do to me that I love". And the sad part is that Josh accepts and attempts to rationalize the relationship. (Another sign of abuse--at least mental--it's always "your" fault. "I love this area, love my business, could never ask Roger to join me here--it's my fault we're separate".)

Can't wait for the "Roger Resolution". Why am I suspecting Roger has a guy (or guys) in every port, and Josh is just a part of that harem; no more, no less? And will Josh at least get to see for himself that Roger is a slimeball? I'm hoping so.

Good job with this chapter, and good job writing characters real enough you can develop such strong feelings about 'em! Bring on the next chapter!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

What a major asshole. I find it a bit weird and I know he's your character, but I find it strange that he isn't questioning Roger's booty calls being a relationship and thinking he deserves better. You show he does have expectations by showing he didn't settle for being in the closet. Well, if he only sees Roger in the house, is that being out? Does he notice that Roger is only out for his own sexual gratification and did nothing for him? I don't think he would not have any questions about this. He may not have before b/c he was settling and convincing himself it was fine. People do that all the time, but now that another option is there. Now that he has more interactions with Galen that he does with Roger, wouldn't he continue to picture what it would be like to be more than friends? I think now that he can put someone else in that role in his imagination, he'd maybe start to wake up. I found it pathetic that he'd not have any standards for himself.

I don't get why Liam, who has the means as a cop, hasn't looked into Roger and seen if he's really married or partnered or something, b/c clearly something isn't right. What he just had was a booty call with a selfish man who didn't treat him well and he's old enough and experienced enough to not be dense about this. 'Finish Yourself off, I'm tired!' When you haven't seen each other in a month and that is the best he can do? I was aggravated with him for allowing himself to be treated like that. I can't imagine how Alannah and liam sit and watch it. It must be tough. I'd have more to say to him. A smack to the back of his head to wake him up :) and pointing out how pathetic it is to be treated like that would definitely be in the cards.

I hope you are able to have him start to think as he spends time with Galen. I really hope he starts seeing the relationship for what it is and I'd love to see him look into his bf. Take a trip to where he lives. Please....

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Well now I see what Roger is about. That man is an ass. I hope Josh figures it out soon that he's being use. Josh is to sweet for that kind of craps.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, Roger seems to have found a convenient solution to his sexual needs, but in truth so has Josh. This fuck-and-go isn't a relationship, it's scratching an itch. I don't know what has happened to Josh, but he has closed himself off and can't see clearly what is going on. Maybe now his body has realised what it wants and needs. His mind just has to catch up...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Wow Roger really is an ass. "Finish yourself off, I'm tired"?? What the hell happened to Josh to make him think he deserves this? He is being willfully blind.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Roger to me is very self-absorbed in work and what his needs are for sex is from

Josh.

 

Josh seem to be tolerating him and not questioning Roger's snatch and grab behavior.

Roger would have to do something bad right in front of Josh to convinces him to break up.

All I see is Roger is a workaholic, a rude flirt, and likes quickies.

Just because Josh met someone who gets him doesn't mean he should leave Roger. Which I know this is leading to.

 

Nice job. Won't stop reading.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow! Roger is the ultimate sleaze. And selfish to boot! I'm with the other reviewers who predicted that Roger has other partners. And, of course, he's the type who'd expect each of them to remain scrupulously faithful. :unsure:

 

I have a hard time believing that Josh would get so excited by such an unsatisfying sexual experience. Or maybe he's just convincing himself that he does. :no:

Link to comment

Maybe Josh needs a great big wake up call more than he needs anything else. If Galen had any idea how messed up Josh is he'd probably fun as fast as he could.

Link to comment

I can't believe Josh can't see what Roger really is - a scumbag. I don't believe he even loves him.

He needs a rude awakening and I think only Roger can give it to him so he can really get it.

Sure hope that comes soon. Galen is who he needs and he who Galen needs. If only Galen doesn't keep getting the run around. Roger and Josh aren't in a relationship and it is obvious Roger has others he's stringing along as well - that is if he can find someone as gullible as Josh.

Josh needs to change soon so that we can at least continue to like him and wish better things for him.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/19/2015 03:48 AM, clochette said:
Okay, so we already suspected that but now it's sure: Roger's an asshole and absolutly not in the good way.

He only come to get off. Their relationship seems more like a fuck budy relationship and it seems like he only says "i love you" to Josh cause he knows it's what he wants to hear and to keep him always ready to put out. But apparently Josh thinks that being in a "real" realtionship where your partner is close to you in all senses other than sex isn't in the cards for him. He has accept this like the fatality of his life. BUT, but, maybe, now that a new man has enter his life, maybe he'll start to see things a little differently, to start to want different things in life, to want more.

Roger is a bonafide asshole, that's for sure. We only know about their current relationship, but not much yet about the beginning of their relationship. I'm willing to bet that it wasn't always like this. You are right that Josh is settling. We'll see what the future holds and if he ever realizes that a 'real' relationship might actually be in the cards for him after all. Thanks for the review, clochette. :)
Link to comment

I guess we know now why it is called Hollow Hills. Liam is afraid to even try with Alanna and Josh is treated worse than a prostitute. I agree with "impunity" - Galen should run the other way. At the very least I wouldn't continue with riding lessons after even seeing and knowing what little he does about Joshua. If he truly hates cheaters he wouldn't be trying to even be around the "hollow" relationship that Joshua seems happy with while panting after him. His actions contradict his thoughts, making me wonder if any of these people are ethical or true to their feelings.

Please do not take that as critical of the writer. On the contrary, beautiful writing. Maybe a little more emotionally tangled than I prefer but that doesn't mean much.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/19/2015 04:20 AM, Robert Rex said:
Clochette is right....Roger is an asshole; it's clear the only one he cares about is himself. It's damn near an abusive relationship..."tell me everything you're going to do to me that I love". And the sad part is that Josh accepts and attempts to rationalize the relationship. (Another sign of abuse--at least mental--it's always "your" fault. "I love this area, love my business, could never ask Roger to join me here--it's my fault we're separate".)

Can't wait for the "Roger Resolution". Why am I suspecting Roger has a guy (or guys) in every port, and Josh is just a part of that harem; no more, no less? And will Josh at least get to see for himself that Roger is a slimeball? I'm hoping so.

Good job with this chapter, and good job writing characters real enough you can develop such strong feelings about 'em! Bring on the next chapter!

These guys all have their flaws, that's for sure! I won't say anything about Roger, other than agree with you that he's an asshole, because I don't want to give anything away. I love the reactions that this chapter produced. Next up is the "Roger Resolution". Thanks for the kind words and the review! :)
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/19/2015 04:42 AM, Cannd said:
What a major asshole. I find it a bit weird and I know he's your character, but I find it strange that he isn't questioning Roger's booty calls being a relationship and thinking he deserves better. You show he does have expectations by showing he didn't settle for being in the closet. Well, if he only sees Roger in the house, is that being out? Does he notice that Roger is only out for his own sexual gratification and did nothing for him? I don't think he would not have any questions about this. He may not have before b/c he was settling and convincing himself it was fine. People do that all the time, but now that another option is there. Now that he has more interactions with Galen that he does with Roger, wouldn't he continue to picture what it would be like to be more than friends? I think now that he can put someone else in that role in his imagination, he'd maybe start to wake up. I found it pathetic that he'd not have any standards for himself.

I don't get why Liam, who has the means as a cop, hasn't looked into Roger and seen if he's really married or partnered or something, b/c clearly something isn't right. What he just had was a booty call with a selfish man who didn't treat him well and he's old enough and experienced enough to not be dense about this. 'Finish Yourself off, I'm tired!' When you haven't seen each other in a month and that is the best he can do? I was aggravated with him for allowing himself to be treated like that. I can't imagine how Alannah and liam sit and watch it. It must be tough. I'd have more to say to him. A smack to the back of his head to wake him up :) and pointing out how pathetic it is to be treated like that would definitely be in the cards.

I hope you are able to have him start to think as he spends time with Galen. I really hope he starts seeing the relationship for what it is and I'd love to see him look into his bf. Take a trip to where he lives. Please....

Thanks for such a thorough and insightful review, Cannd. We are seeing just a snippet of their 'relationship'. Remember that they have been together for eight years and we don't know much about the beginning of their relationship yet. I don't imagine that Josh put up with this behavior the entire time. More about Josh's past will slowly be revealed throughout the story. Alannah and Liam have tried until they're blue in the face, but have come to an uneasy agreement when it comes to Josh and Roger. Josh has to be the one to realize what a toxic relationship he's in and have the courage to end it. I won't say too much else, since I don't want to give away any spoilers. Thanks for reading. I love reading your reviews! :)
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/19/2015 04:53 AM, lmoline said:
Well now I see what Roger is about. That man is an ass. I hope Josh figures it out soon that he's being use. Josh is to sweet for that kind of craps.
Josh deserves better, that's for sure. Thanks for reading and leaving a review!
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/19/2015 07:06 AM, Puppilull said:
Well, Roger seems to have found a convenient solution to his sexual needs, but in truth so has Josh. This fuck-and-go isn't a relationship, it's scratching an itch. I don't know what has happened to Josh, but he has closed himself off and can't see clearly what is going on. Maybe now his body has realised what it wants and needs. His mind just has to catch up...
You'll learn more about Josh's past as the story progresses. He has definitely closed himself off. You are right that his mind needs to catch up. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Time will tell...:X Thanks for the review!
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/19/2015 10:10 AM, LitLover said:
Wow Roger really is an ass. "Finish yourself off, I'm tired"?? What the hell happened to Josh to make him think he deserves this? He is being willfully blind.
Josh's past will be revealed as the story progresses. Roger is a first class ass, that's for sure. Thanks for reading and reviewing!
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/19/2015 10:27 AM, keyisfake said:
Roger to me is very self-absorbed in work and what his needs are for sex is from

Josh.

 

Josh seem to be tolerating him and not questioning Roger's snatch and grab behavior.

Roger would have to do something bad right in front of Josh to convinces him to break up.

All I see is Roger is a workaholic, a rude flirt, and likes quickies.

Just because Josh met someone who gets him doesn't mean he should leave Roger. Which I know this is leading to.

 

Nice job. Won't stop reading.

The "Roger Resolution" is up next. I'll keep my mouth shut about the rest. No spoilers! :X;) Thanks for reading and reviewing, Key. I'm glad you're still on board!
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/19/2015 02:05 PM, impunity said:
Wow! Roger is the ultimate sleaze. And selfish to boot! I'm with the other reviewers who predicted that Roger has other partners. And, of course, he's the type who'd expect each of them to remain scrupulously faithful. :unsure:

 

I have a hard time believing that Josh would get so excited by such an unsatisfying sexual experience. Or maybe he's just convincing himself that he does. :no:

The powers of self-delusion can be pretty amazing sometimes. Thanks for the review!
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/19/2015 10:08 PM, sammiam said:
Maybe Josh needs a great big wake up call more than he needs anything else. If Galen had any idea how messed up Josh is he'd probably fun as fast as he could.
Josh does need a wake-up call. I doubt Galen would run. I bet he'd just be more inclined to show Josh what a relationship should really be like. Thanks for reading and reviewing. :)
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/19/2015 11:38 PM, Terry P said:
I can't believe Josh can't see what Roger really is - a scumbag. I don't believe he even loves him.

He needs a rude awakening and I think only Roger can give it to him so he can really get it.

Sure hope that comes soon. Galen is who he needs and he who Galen needs. If only Galen doesn't keep getting the run around. Roger and Josh aren't in a relationship and it is obvious Roger has others he's stringing along as well - that is if he can find someone as gullible as Josh.

Josh needs to change soon so that we can at least continue to like him and wish better things for him.

Oh, I hope you continue to like Josh, flaws and all. He's really not a bad guy. Just a bit deluded when it comes to Roger. Galen and Josh do need each other; we'll see how long it takes each of them to realize it. ;) Thanks for the review, Terry. I appreciate it!
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/20/2015 01:04 AM, pzetts3 said:
I guess we know now why it is called Hollow Hills. Liam is afraid to even try with Alanna and Josh is treated worse than a prostitute. I agree with "impunity" - Galen should run the other way. At the very least I wouldn't continue with riding lessons after even seeing and knowing what little he does about Joshua. If he truly hates cheaters he wouldn't be trying to even be around the "hollow" relationship that Joshua seems happy with while panting after him. His actions contradict his thoughts, making me wonder if any of these people are ethical or true to their feelings.

Please do not take that as critical of the writer. On the contrary, beautiful writing. Maybe a little more emotionally tangled than I prefer but that doesn't mean much.

I love reviews like this because it shows that you are thinking about the story and characters. :) "The Hollow Hills" is the name of the farm, but the 'hollow' theme definitely translates into other aspects of the story. I didn't pick it at random. ;) We're just at the beginning right now. There's a lot of story left and I promise that Josh's past, Roger's true motivations, and the reason for Liam's reticence will all be revealed. Thanks for the reading and reviewing. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story. :)
Link to comment

Yep, Roger's an ass. He knows exactly what Josh wants to hear and that's what he tells him. He's only using Josh as a booty call, maybe one step up from fuck buddy.

 

As Cannd said, they haven't seen each other in so long and he wouldn't even TOUCH Josh! Josh was the one who did all the touching. Josh is so blind he can't see what everyone around him can see. Roger only called Josh up at work b/c he was feeling horny. He didn't care about hearing Josh's voice.

 

And, as another reader pointed out, who's to say Roger is faithful? I'll bet he's not. And why didn't they use a condom? Oh yeah, they've been "together" for eight years and Josh believes Roger is true to him. So naive.

 

Cannd also brought up another good point: why hasn't Liam had Roger checked out? For all we know he's married (male or female), and has a house with a white picket fence and 2.5 kids. And conveniently, he lives too far from the farm to move in with Josh.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/27/2015 06:49 AM, Lisa said:
Yep, Roger's an ass. He knows exactly what Josh wants to hear and that's what he tells him. He's only using Josh as a booty call, maybe one step up from fuck buddy.

 

As Cannd said, they haven't seen each other in so long and he wouldn't even TOUCH Josh! Josh was the one who did all the touching. Josh is so blind he can't see what everyone around him can see. Roger only called Josh up at work b/c he was feeling horny. He didn't care about hearing Josh's voice.

 

And, as another reader pointed out, who's to say Roger is faithful? I'll bet he's not. And why didn't they use a condom? Oh yeah, they've been "together" for eight years and Josh believes Roger is true to him. So naive.

 

Cannd also brought up another good point: why hasn't Liam had Roger checked out? For all we know he's married (male or female), and has a house with a white picket fence and 2.5 kids. And conveniently, he lives too far from the farm to move in with Josh.

You've summed everything up very nicely, Lisa. Josh has major blinders on where Roger is concerned. Time will tell if Galen is able to remove them. At some point I will explore the early part of their relationship and I think that will give us more insight into why Josh puts up with what he does. As for all the rest. :X I love all the speculation and questions, though. Thanks for a great review and thanks for all your help with the story! :hug:
Link to comment

I got to know a little more about Josh, and while I feel sorry for him, he seems to much of a mess to become involved with... Roger is beyond redemption... if anyone treated me like that, he would be gone in an instant. As I said before, I love your writing so I'll try to keep the faith... cheers...Gary

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..