Jump to content
    vlista20
  • Author
  • 4,767 Words
  • 6,393 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shane - 22. Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Aaron, Jason and Justin left early Saturday morning. Shane and Kenny got up long enough just to see them off then ran upstairs and crawled back in bed. They didn’t sleep though they just laid there and talked Kenny lying sideways across the bed and across Shane’s legs.

“You wear pajamas at home Kenny?”

Kenny ran his hands down along his light blue pajamas with dark blue trim. “Nope, Jimmy got these for me just for coming over here.” he grinned up at the ceiling. “Said he didn’t want me sleeping naked with a stud like you around.”

Shane chuckled and shook his head.

“You always wear pajamas?”

“Well a tank top and shorts.” Shane said holding out the front of his tank top. “I only sleep naked when I’m sleeping with Sam.”

“It really must be hell with him living so far away. I didn’t really realize it before but I’ve missed Jimmy so much just this one week I can’t imagine going months without seeing him.”

“It does suck. But it just makes the times we are together that much more fun.” he chuckled again. “I know that sounds corny but it’s true.”

Kenny smiled at him and ran his hand along Shane’s chest. “It doesn’t sound corny at all.”

The door flew open and they both jumped before either could move Jimmy flew onto the bed straddled Kenny and kissed him like there was no tomorrow. Kenny wrapped his arms and legs up around Jimmy’s torso and sort of hung from him. Jimmy stood up with Kenny still clinging tightly to him and pulled his mouth away. Putting his arms around him he pulled him hard into his chest and held him tightly.

Shane watched in awe as they both cried and laughed amazed at the incredibly strong and obvious love they had for each other. Seth ran into the room and jumped on Shane. “You jealous?” he asked a second before he pushed Shane back on the bed and kissed him just as passionately.

Shane felt Jimmy and Kenny’s weight added to the bed and pushed Seth off him. Kenny was still wrapped around Jimmy his head nestled into his shoulder and Jimmy was smiling over at them. “So did you guys have a good time?”

“Wonderful.” Shane nodded happily while Kenny started in on what they did.

“And Shane is the best diver I’ve ever seen.” He lifted his head off Jimmy’s shoulder and leaned back in his arms so he could see his face. “We had the biggest Thanks giving meal ever, we made a sand castle, we jumped in leaves, we played computer, we watched movies.” Shane watched as Jimmy grinned wider and wider as the list went on and on.

“Well you sure seem happy.”

Kenny nodded emphatically. “I sure am. Especially now that you’re home.”

Jimmy pulled him close again hugging him tightly.

“We are all just a bit jealous of you Jimmy.” Seth who was now laying beside Shane said.

“Well you should be. But what in particular are you talking about?”

“Kenny’s hair.”

Jimmy nodded looking very much in agreement. “Soft ain’t it.”

“Like silk. Is it soft down there too.”

Jimmy laughed. “Your such a perv Seth. Is that all you think about?”

“No I think about other stuff once in a while.”

“You guys want to come over and hang out with us this afternoon? Seth’s got to drive us home anyways.” he asked looking at Shane.

“I got an appointment at 11 but I can have Tad drop me at your house later.”

“I can take you to your shrink.” Shane smacked Seth on the chest and Seth put his hand over his mouth forgetting Jimmy didn’t know about Shane seeing a shrink.

“Sorry,”

“It’s nothing to be embarrassed about anyways Shane.” Jimmy said shaking his head. “I went to one after my mom died. It don’t mean your crazy.”

Shane smiled feeling a little better about Jimmy knowing.

“So’s the two of you can drop me and Kenny off. We can have some alone bedroom time.” He grinned while Kenny let out an excited laugh. “Then you can come back when you are done. We can have dinner together and hang out. I got money for Christmas so we can order out Chinese. That’s Kenny’s favorite. Do you guys like Chinese?”

Shane and Seth both nodded.

Jimmy held Kenny out with his arms. “That sound good to you?”

Kenny nodded enthusiastically the crawled down out of Jimmy’s lap. “I’ll take a shower and change first though.”

“Good idea.” Jimmy grinned.

Kenny grabbed some clothes and took off to the bathroom. Jimmy thanked Shane like fifty times and Shane told him there was no need they both had a great time.

“His birthday is coming up next week it’s on Thursday but I want to have the party Friday so we can drink and stay up all night if we want. You guys will come won’t you?”

“Sure,” they both said without hesitation.

“I gotta tell you though Shane I already talked to Pete and he wants to bring Derek. I don’t know what happened between you two but if you are not comfortable with him being there I’ll tell Pete no.”

“he can’t come.” Seth said immediately.

Shane rolled his eyes and looked over at Seth. “It’s okay Seth. I don’t care.”

Seth let out a long irritated breath. “Okay,” He said sighing.

Jimmy looked at Shane as though to be sure then smacked Seth upside the head. “And yes It is very soft down there. Don’t ask questions like that in front of Kenny though it embarrasses the hell out of him.”

Seth grinned and rubbed at his head. “Sorry.”

Kenny came back in the room five minutes later his hair slicked back but some curls were already drying and bouncing back into place. Shane got out of bed grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom himself. Seeing Tad and Don’s bedroom door open and Tad folding some laundry on the bed he walked in the room.

“Seth said he’d take me to see Max this morning cause he’s got to take Jimmy and Kenny home anyways. Then after I see Max they want us to come over and spend the day. Is that alright?”

Tad looked up at him and smiled. “Sure Shane. Just make sure you go see Max.”

“I will I promise.”

“And call if you are gonna be later then ten.”

“Sure thing.”

Shane walked over and sat down by Tad on the bed. “I just wanted you to know I had the most wonderful Thanksgiving I think anyone has ever had.”

Tad grinned and pulled Shane close giving him a big hug.

“And if it really bugs you that I call you mom I’ll stop.”

Tad laughed. “No Shane I just think it’s funny. It doesn’t really bother me at all.”

Shane grinned his face pressed into Tad’s chest. “That’s good cause I like calling you mom.”

Tad laughed again and tousled his hair. “I love you Shane.”

“I love you too Tad.” He sat up and wrapped his arms around Tad and they hugged for a good minute before Shane resumed his trip to the bathroom. Tad cried for at least five minutes after he left overjoyed with Shane, his incredibly improved personality and newfound affection that he was always showing now with he and Don.

It made Tad wish that they had, had kids of their own or at least taken one in a lot sooner. He was very happy with just Shane though Shane gave him enough joy for five kids and he was not gonna dwell on what could have been.

Seth and Shane knocked on Jimmy’s door at around 1 o’clock. “This is a nice house.” Shane said looking around the wrap around white porch and big front picture windows of the pale yellow house. It was two stories but he could not see the second story from where he was standing cause of the roof over the porch.

They heard the sounds of someone running down the stairs and Jimmy opened the door still pulling his shirt on.

“Oh geez sorry,” Seth said turning a little red.

Jimmy grinned and motioned them in. “We were done anyways we just lost track of time.”

Shane looked around the livingroom they had walked into. The walls were painted with a mint green paint that looked like it had been done recently. The carpet was beige and the couch and two chairs were a dark green. Over the couch was a picture of Kenny and Jimmy that looked like it was professionally done.

Shane walked over and looked at it.

“We got that done last Christmas.” Jimmy said sounding proud of it. “Thought it would give the place a more personal effect. Kenny’s redone the entire house with fresh paint curtains, decorations and slip covers. I’ve helped of course but he did all the color schemes and stuff himself. he’s real good at all that stuff.”

“Dad gives us the money. House has been needing to be fixed up for a long time and it’s free labor with Kenny. He loves doing this stuff.” he led them into the kitchen where the walls were painted a deep red and the cupboards were a bright white. Red plaid curtains hung in the windows and Shane thought it looked as nice as the ones in the Better Homes and Garden magazine that Tad subscribed to.

The table off in the corner of the kitchen had a red plaid table cloth on it with white knit place mats and a vase of red roses with baby’s breath. He walked over to them leaned over and smelled them and Jimmy laughed. “Their fake. Last longer that way.”

Shane grinned as he stood back up. “They look so real.” His brotherly love for Kenny was growing stronger seeing how much love he’d put into decorating he and Jimmy’s home.

As they walked back into the livingroom Kenny was coming down the stairs. He smiled over at Shane and Seth as he reached the bottom. “Did you have fun at your appointment.”

“Well Kenny I can pretty much guarantee you that you had a lot more fun here.”

Kenny grinned, looked at Jimmy lovingly and nodded assuredly. “I see what you mean about time apart making the time together that much more special.”

“Kenny I’m gonna go to that store on the corner where they sell me beer.” Jimmy turned back to Seth and Shane. “You guys want to drink?”

“Well yeah,” Seth pulled out his wallet and handed Jimmy a twenty. “Just get double what you are getting. You want me to go with you we can take my car so you don’t have to carry it all back.”

Jimmy shrugged then nodded. “well okay, cause double what I’m getting is gonna be heavy.”

They took off and Kenny motioned for Shane to follow him in the kitchen. “You hungry I’m starving.” He said opening a cupboard. “And if I’m gonna drink I gotta eat or I’ll puke all over the place.”

“I could eat,”

“What do you want?”

“Whatever your having is fine.”

“Well.” Kenny pulled out a jar of Peanut butter and some marshmallow fluff. “I was gonna have peanut butter and fluff. But we haven’t gone grocery shopping so there’s no bread.” He pulled two spoons out of a drawer. “So what I do in that case is just fill my spoon with both and eat it that way.”

He set the jars down on the table and they both sat down. Kenny handed him a spoon took the covers off the jars and they dug in. Shane’s eyes lit up at the taste. “Wow this is good. I’ve never had this fluff stuff before.”

Kenny licked his spoon clean and swallowed. “They don’t sell it around here. Jimmy orders it over the internet. He’s a fluff freak. He’d put fluff on steak if he had the chance I bet.”

Shane grinned. “That doesn’t sound so good.”

Kenny made a face and shook his head in agreeance. “It’s real good in hot chocolate too.”

Seth and Jimmy got back. Seth sat down at the table with them while Jimmy put the beer in the fridge. He pulled out four then brought them back to the table sitting in the chair in front of the window. His eyes widened as he looked down at the table. “YOU ARE EATING MY FLUFF!”

Shane jumped so he nearly fell out of his chair. Kenny started laughing at Jimmy but more so at Shane. “He’s just kidding.”

Shane put his hand on his chest to prevent his racing heart from tearing right through his chest and plopping out on the table. Jimmy grinned but looked very guilty. He patted Shane on the back. “I’m sorry Shane. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

Shane shook his head totally embarrassed realizing for the first time the anxiety medicine did nothing to stop him from being scared when someone screamed at him whether they were joking or not.

“Oh man Shane.” Jimmy said guiltily as he rubbed his back seeing Shane still looked scared to death his face a chalky white. “I’m sorry man. I wasn’t thinking.”

Shane shook his head again and took a deep breath. He looked over at Kenny who was looking at him worriedly along with Seth across the table. Though his embarrassment only got worse seeing it he managed a smile. “It’s okay.” He said holding up a hand that was shaking so bad he put down on his lap hiding it under the table. “I guess I’m just a little jumpy.”

Jimmy shook his head looking like he was about to cry for feeling so bad. He cracked open a beer and handed it over to Shane. “Drink this it will calm your nerves.”

Shane smiled appreciatively reached his shaky hand back up grasped the beer and took a long swallow. He set it down then put his hand over his face chuckling. “I’m so embarrassed.”

“You are?” Jimmy said in disbelief. “I’m the one who should be embarrassed.”

Shane thought desperately on a way to change the subject the talk of it only extending his embarrassment. Seth seeming to sense his struggle jumped in and saved the day.

“Did you have a good time in Delaware Jimmy.”

Jimmy rubbed his hand down over his face giving Seth enough time to shrug over at Shane grinning at his lame attempt. Shane smiled back at him lame or not he’d jumped in and tried to save him.

“It was okay, I have a few cousins I really like so I hung out with them most of the time. Would be a lot more fun if Kenny could come too.” Jimmy smiled over at Kenny and Kenny with marshmallow on his lips smiled back.

Jimmy grinned a look that told Shane that Jimmy loved Kenny’s boyish charm as much as he seemed to love everything else about him. “Do you know what’s next week Kenny?”

“December.” Kenny said grinning. “Almost Christmas.” he turned his head to one side like a thought may have struck him and he scratched his ear. He turned back to Jimmy grinning widely a moment later. “And my birthday!” He raised his arms up in the air excitedly. “How old will I be?”

Shane was so reminded of himself he smiled warmly.

“Fifteen.”

Shane looked over at Jimmy in confusion. “But he’s in my grade.”

“Yeah but he’s smart as hell. He’s skipped two grades they wanted to skip him again this year but he didn’t want to.”

Shane looked back at Kenny. “Why not?”

“I don’t like being so much younger then everyone in my class. It already sucks I wasn’t gonna go up another year.”

Looking back to Jimmy Shane asked. “How old are you?”

“Just turned seventeen. So in another year I won’t be able to have sex with Kenny anymore. Otherwise I’ll go to jail.”

Kenny’s mouth dropped open and he looked like he was going to start crying. Jimmy chuckled stood up and leaned over the table. He kissed the marshmallow off Kenny’s lips and caressed the back of his head. “I’m just kidding baby. If you won’t tell I won’t tell.”

Kenny sorta sagged in his chair like every muscle relaxed at the same time his relief radiating from him. “You are so mean sometimes Jimmy. You just scared the hell out of me.”

“I seem to be on a roll today.” he cracked open his beer and downed it in one go. Slamming it back down on the table he let out the hugest burp Shane had ever heard and got everyone laughing. “I’ll drink up fast so maybe it’ll get rid of my mean streak.” He got up from the table and grabbed another beer. “You guys better plan on staying the night if you are gonna drink 24 beers between you.”

Seth looked over at Shane. “You think you’ll be able to.”

“Yeah sure, I just gotta call.”

“Well you better call before you get all blitzed.”

Kenny got up and grabbed the portable phone he handed it over to Shane. Shane thanked him and dialed the number for home. Tad answered and just as Shane had said Tad said it was no problem. He clicked off the phone and took it back to the base. Sitting back down he downed the rest of his beer.

Kenny got up again and got him another one as well as one for Seth. “How come you haven’t even opened yours yet?” Shane asked looking at the can in front of Kenny.

“I haven’t had enough to eat yet.” he filled his spoon again with a huge glob of peanut butter and an equal amount of fluff. He put it all in his mouth his cheeks bulging out as he worked at it.

“Quick Kenny say Mississippi.” Seth said laughing.

Kenny grinned as best he could with his very full mouth and smacked Seth on the arm. Once he’d swallowed he cracked open his beer. “There I should be all set now.”

By five o’clock they were all well under the affects of the alcohol when Jimmy pulled out the menu for China Island. They were in the livingroom lazing around on the furniture where’d they’d spent most of the afternoon playing Scruples just using the cards and no board so they could sit up in the chairs and not on the floor.

Jimmy handed the menu to Shane who was on the love seat with Seth. They looked over it together and decided on the pu pu platter. Shane handed it back to Jimmy who sat down by Kenny on the couch who was on his back with his knees pulled up and his hands wrapped around his ankles. Jimmy put his arm up on Kenny’s knees and looked over the menu. “You want dough balls right?”

“Hell yeah!” Kenny said loudly.

“What’s dough balls?” Shane asked.

Kenny turned his head up on the arm rest and looked over at Shane his mouth hanging open in shock. “My God Shane they are little drops of heaven. They’re deep fried they’ve got sugar drenched all over them. I may just give you one so you can try it. Once you do though you gotta be careful cause you could get totally addicted.”

Jimmy laughed and reached his arm over Kenny’s leg and pressed on his stomach. “Yeah just look at what a porker Kenny is.” Kenny grabbed Jimmy’s hand and kissed it. “Well I have good will power.”

“Yeah til someone dangles a bag of oreos in front of your face.”

Kenny laughed. “True,”

They ordered the food and after they got it and ate pretty much every last drop Kenny pulled out the game of Twister.

“Oh yeah,” Seth said jumping up. “Naked twister.”

“No way you sick dog.” Kenny said giggling. “Clothed Twister.”

Seth pouted for a minute then shrugged his shoulders. “Okay I guess that will still be fun.”

They played twister long into the night and then played their own separate versions of twister after they went to bed. Shane and Seth in one room with Kenny and Jimmy in their room.

The next week back at school passed by very quickly. Before Shane knew it he was back at Kenny’s house with Kenny and Jimmy decorating for the party. Jimmy kept ordering Kenny to go sit down since he wasn’t supposed to decorate for his own party but Kenny always kept wandering back and helping out.

Seth had dropped them off then went over to Prescott Cove to pick up Matt. Shane had already told Don and Tad he would not be home that night as he, Matt and Seth were gonna share the room Seth and he had slept in a week before. “You sure about Derek coming Shane? It’s not too late to call ‘em.”

Kenny looked at Shane sharply. “Derek’s coming to my party?”

Jimmy looked over at Kenny. “That bothers you hon?”

Kenny stammered a bit while Shane shook his head that it was okay behind Jimmy’s back so Kenny could see but Jimmy couldn’t.

“Well ahh I guess it’s okay. I just thought since they went out Shane wouldn’t like that.”

“Well Shane said it was okay. It is still okay isn’t it Shane?” He asked turning to face Shane.

“Yeah it’s fine Jimmy, we’ve actually been talking a little in gym. It’s not like we would get in a fight or something.”

Jimmy placed the foot stool a little further down the wall of the livingroom and climbed back on it. Shane handed him one of the many streamers he had in his hand that was connected to the chandelier in the middle of the room. “So how long did you two go out?”

Shane looked over at Kenny who was fidgeting on the couch obviously wanting very badly to get back up and help. “A couple months.”

“What happened? I mean why’d you break up? I get the feeling it’s something big. And I get the feeling Kenny knows, but he won’t tell me. I beat the snot out of him but he wouldn’t tell.”

Kenny grinned though he looked nervous that Jimmy was pressing Shane about a subject he knew was very painful to him.

“We were just from two different worlds.” Shane shrugged nonchalantly. “He was a jock. I was the school retard. He was in the closet I was outed. It just didn’t work out.”

Jimmy looked down at him and nodded not looking like he believed that was it. Shane handed him up another streamer avoiding his eyes.

“What do you mean outed? Who told?”

“No one told. Everyone suspected anyways I think. I was always being called a fag. But a teacher of mine found a picture I had in my bag of this buff guy mostly naked and showed it to the whole class. That was all that was needed cause they all suspected it anyways.”

“Geez that teacher sounds like a real bitch.”

Shane let out a laugh. “Well that’s what I called her. Anyways that’s how Derek found out I was gay. He started showing up where I was. Came to my house that sort of thing. Then we were just a couple. He was always pretty nice before that. Well nice as far as kids at Prescott High got.” Shane wanted to give him more information and since he couldn’t bring himself or want to tell why they really broke up he thought it best to tell him how they got together.

He actually was hardly dreading Derek coming to the party at all. They’d had some good talks in the locker room and Shane had no doubt how deeply sorry Derek was. He still had no intentions of ever being close with him again but didn’t mind the fact they would hang out tonight with their friends.

He had not yet told Sam that they were talking and felt guilty as hell about it. Almost like he was actually cheating on him or something. He knew though that Sam would get mad if Shane had even thought of forgiving Derek. Tad and Don he knew felt the same way and he’d not even told them that Derek was going to Cliff Side.

He took a few steps back as Jimmy got down and moved the step ladder over more. Shane looked back at Kenny who was swinging his legs over the couch looking happy as hell in anticipation of his party. “So your favorite colors must be purple and green.” Shane grinned over at him as every decoration was some shade of those two colors.

“Well actually they are red and green but I didn’t want it to look like a Christmas party. So I chose purple 2nd runner up.”

“And tomorrow if we are not hung over to badly we are gonna set up our Christmas tree.” Jimmy said smiling over at him.

Kenny nodded enthusiastically. He bolted for the door a minute later when the door bell rang. Seth and Matt walked into the house. Seth carrying a large box filled with hard liquor one wrapped in Birthday wrapping paper. Jimmy hung the last streamer and climbed down off his stool. He walked into the kitchen with Seth, Matt, Shane and Kenny and took the wrapped one out of the box. “One of your birthday presents.” He said grinning at Kenny.

Kenny looking like he already knew what it was ripped off the paper revealing a bottle of bright blue liquor. “What in hell is that?” Shane asked as Kenny hugged Jimmy. “Antifreeze?”

Kenny pulled away from Jimmy and laughed. “No it’s blue Curacoa tastes pretty good and gets me real drunk.”

“A real happy drunk.” Jimmy said putting his hands on Kenny’s shoulders. “He’ll be laughing his ass off by seven o’clock. His lips will be bright blue but that just helps me to get laughing.”

Seth pulled out a half gallon of Vodka and a bottle of fruit punch. “And this Shane. Is for you, Matt and me.”

Shane nodded looking a little nervous. Seth dropped his hand holding the bottle down to his side. “You don’t want it?”

“I just ain’t real used to hard liquor, what if I hurl?”

“Just don’t do it on the rug.” Kenny said matter of factly.

Shane chuckled and Jimmy shook his head. “Yeah the little woman get’s real pissed when we stain her rug.”

Kenny swung around and swatted Jimmy in the shoulder. “Shut up fag.”

Jimmy laughed and gave him a big hug which took care of Kenny’s anger in a heart beat. The phone rang and Kenny broke free of Jimmy’s arms and ran into the livingroom.

“Hello?”

“Kenny?”

“Yeah?”

“It’s Tad.”

“Oh no,” Kenny put his hand over his mouth. “You aren’t gonna make Shane come home are you?”

“No, no, don’t worry about that. We got a bit of a surprise here though. I want to bring the surprise there for Shane but I need to know your address and need to make sure it’s okay.”

Kenny furrowed his brow totally confused. “What’s the surprise?”

“Sam is here.”

Kenny jumped in the air with excitement. “REALLY!”

Tad laughed on the other ending shushing Kenny. “It’s a surprise don’t yell too loud.” course he’d already done that.

“Okay yeah sure,” Kenny was talking a mile a minute and gave Tad directions to which Tad had to ask him to slow down like five times.

“Okay Kenny Thanks. We’ll be there in about an hour.”

Kenny jumped up and down again. “Why so long?”

“Cause we gotta wait for his mom to leave.” Tad chuckled long after he hung up the phone at Kenny’s intense excitement to Shane’s surprise.

Kenny walked back into the kitchen and immediately filled himself a glass of liquor. He couldn’t look at Shane let alone talk to him. Shane seemed to know him so well he’d know in a second if he was hiding something. He silently thanked Jimmy for not asking him who it was as they all walked back into the livingroom and set up the card table. They put eight chairs around it then all sat down Kenny at the head of the table with Jimmy on one side and Shane on the other followed by Seth then Matt.

Copyright © 2011 vlista20; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..