Jump to content
    vlista20
  • Author
  • 4,025 Words
  • 4,194 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tyler - 13. Chapter 13

Tyler - Chapter 13

The three weeks ‘til Christmas flew by. Tyler was informed on the weekend before Christmas that it would just be him and Paul staying. Something he was actually real glad of. The other kids would be gone from Christmas Eve morning ‘til around noon on the day after Christmas.

Tyler suggested, and Amy agreed wholeheartedly, that he and Paul sleep in the same room while everyone else was gone. So’s not to stress him out, it was decided that Tyler would sleep in his room, which up until now he’d shared with no one.

Paul was sitting on his bed, the blankets wrapped around his waist when Tyler walked in, followed by his bed being wheeled in by a couple of orderlies. Paul’s face lit up and he clapped his hands together, quietly squealing in delight.

Amy walked in a couple minutes after the orderlies left. Tyler sat up on the edge of his bed and watched her walk over to a shelf littered with little golden books. She grabbed a few then walked back over to him. “You are in charge of bedtime stories for the next two nights. His usual story reader is taking a holiday,” she said, smiling as she sat down next to Tyler. “These are his favorites,” she fanned them out so he could see the copies of ‘The Ugly Duckling’, ‘Tommy saves the day’ and ‘The Little engine that could.’ She set the books down behind them on the bed. “Now normally he likes to be held when he’s read to. But I don’t expect you to do that if you aren’t comfortable with it. He won’t throw a fit or anything.”

Tyler looked over at Paul who was pointing up at the ceiling saying something in his voices about the stars. “Okay,” he said nodding.

“And he has lots of bad dreams. If he wakes you up, wake him up. There’s no need for him to relive his life while he sleeps.”

Tyler nodded again growing more nervous.

She sensed it and put her hand on his. “It’s okay Tyler. He’s usually in here all by himself. You don’t have to do anything, he’ll be fine.”

“No I’ll wake him up.”

“Alright,” she said smiling, “well I’ll let you two get started on your slumber party. I’ll see you in the morning.”

She left and Tyler got up and walked over to Paul’s bed. “You want to hear a story?”

Paul looked down from the ceiling to him. He traced his finger along all the books then picked out the Ugly Duckling. “It’s a swan,” he said smiling, “that why he ugly. Not a duck at all.” he shook his head eagerly. “No be sad ‘cause it get better.”

Tyler nodded, never having read the story he had no idea what Paul was talking about. Paul slid over sideways in the bed and Tyler got in, he fluffed the pillows up behind himself so he was sitting up and stretched his legs out on the bed.

Paul laid back, putting his head against Tyler’s chest and wrapping Tyler’s arms around him. Tyler opened the book and Paul’s eyes flew to it like a magnet.

Tyler read through the book while Paul stayed snuggled in his arms. The real Paul had surfaced to him four or five times in the past few weeks. He was never around more then five minutes, and never showed up, other then when they were alone.

He’d been able to tell, like Amy said, that Paul was very scared. His eyes always darted around, like he was making sure he and Tyler were actually alone. He’d never admitted his fear or said anything about why he was scared. Mostly he had asked questions about Tyler. Never answering any questions, but the simple ones that Tyler had asked him.

He had said he remembered someone named Connor, that they’d been friends but didn’t go into any detail. Paul was sound asleep by the time he finished the book. He eased out from underneath him, then laid him back against the pillows and drew the covers up to his shoulders.

He returned the books to their shelf then walked back over and stood over Paul’s bed. Paul was a beautiful guy. Almost angelic looking, with his pale features. He couldn’t understand how anyone could hurt something so beautiful and it saddened him a great deal to think about it, though he always found himself thinking about it.

He turned around and crawled into his own bed, it was by far the most comfortable bed he’d ever slept in, and he wished it could be wheeled to whichever house he was gonna be living in when he left.

When his eyes flicked open the next morning, his sights were filled with blonde hair. He felt a great deal warmer in the bed and his arms were wrapped around something warm and solid. He focused his eyes and lifted his head a little, then smiled warmly, seeing Paul curled up beside him snoring very softly. His heart filled with emotion and he squeezed Paul a little tighter in his arms, pressing his cheek down on Paul’s head.

Paul stirred below him Tyler eased up on his hold and Paul rolled over on his back and smiled at him. “Sorry,” he said, sounding like he was himself.

“Why you sorry?” Tyler asked, looking down at him.

“Cause I got in bed with you. I’m not gay honest. I just woke up and found myself here and it felt so comfy, I thought I’d stay.”

Now sure it was the real Paul Tyler nodded. “Well, there’s no need to be sorry. I was pretty darn comfy myself.”

Paul pressed his head into the pillow and smiled up at him. “Just don’t tell Connor.” he said, his eyes sparkling with humor.

Tyler nodded, grinning, it be the first time Paul had been humorous at all. “Connor’s coming today, you gonna talk to him?”

Paul’s lips spread out in straight line and his eyes filled with nervousness. “I kinda want to see him again. But it’s real embarrassing you know?”

“There’s nothing to be embarrassed about Paul.”

“Yeah that’s why everyone in here teases the hell out of me.”

“I thought you don’t remember that stuff?”

“I don’t remember a lot of it. But I wasn’t always this bad. I used to remember lots of things, ‘til Amy came along and riled everyone up.” He said pointing his finger to his head.

“You sound like you’re mad at her.”

“No I’m not. I really like her. Supposedly it gets worse before it gets better.”

“Well I’m told that’s the way most things work.”

Paul cocked his head thoughtfully on the pillow as he continued to look up at Tyler. “How come you don’t pick on me?”

“Because I don’t think it’s funn,y and I don’t think anyone should tease you. I been teased a lot in my life and I know how much it sucks.”

“Why would people tease you?”

“Because I’m gay, or because I’m a foster kid, or just whatever reason they can make up.”

“I lived with a foster family once. Had me committed.” he said, with a small grin. “Course they only signed up to take in one kid and got all six of me.”

Tyler grinned, very surprised at Paul’s joking mood that morning. “Connor does want to see you Paul. He misses you.”

Paul nodded, though he looked real surprised. “I’ll see what I can do.” His head snapped up as Amy walked into the room, there was a squeal from a little girl’s voice that came out of him, but Paul abruptly returned. He sat up and smiled at her. “We weren’t messing around.”

Amy nodded and smiled. “I didn’t think that Paul.” she walked over to the bed and hugged him and he squeezed her back. “Merry Christmas.” she said, smiling at Tyler over his shoulder.

Paul muttered it in return, though it was obvious he could care less. “Why don’t you two lazy bones get out to the rec room. I think Santa came.”

Tyler and Paul both laughed sarcastically.

Amy stood up straight and put her hands on her hips. “You think I’d lie?”

Paul looked at Tyler, who looked back at him and they both threw back the blankets and hurried out of bed pulling their robes on. Amy watched them in amusement, the two of them acting like a couple of kids in their excitement. Both of them she knew had never had presents under a Christmas tree before and she could only imagine the excitement it brought, no matter how old a person was.

She laughed the whole way to the rec room as she followed the two of them, running and pushing each other back, as they fought for first place into the rec room. She’d never seen Paul, when he was himself, interact so with someone and it did her heart a world of good. Her heart floundered a bit as he walked into the rec room and seemed to freeze to the floor, as his eyes fell on Connor and his mom.

She stopped beside him and watched his hands, curled into fists as he brought them up to his chest and tightly closed his eyes. She’d never seen him do that before and was not sure what it was all about. But when Paul reopened his eyes and smiled at her, she saw he was still Paul and realized with great delight that he’d been pushing off his alters, ‘cause he himself actually wanted to remain out. A true feat and incredible progress in his therapy.

Tyler’s face lit up seeing Connor and his mother. He walked over giving Connor a hug and kisses first, then wrapped his arms around his mom. “I didn’t know you’d come so early.”

“Connor actually was up before the sun asking to leave.” She said, chuckling as she ran her hand through his hair. “How are you doing?” she’d come to visit him every weekend and he loved it when she asked that question, for some reason, as she did every visit. “I’m doing real good.” He turned to his right where Connor was standing looking at Paul, who had approached him and was standing about a foot away, staring back at him.

“Hi Connor,” Paul said shyly.

Connor’s face lit up, knowing instantly that it was Paul. “Hi Paul.” He said happily.

Paul scratched his head as though he didn’t quite know what to do then walked forward a little more and put his arms around Connor. “I’ve missed you.”

Connor looked over at Tyler with tears in his eyes as he wrapped his arms around Paul as well. “I’ve missed you too Paul. Bobby too.”

Paul pulled back and smiled widely. “I forgot all about Bobby. You guys still friends?”

“Heck yeah, he’s the same as ever. Quite handsome now too. And you are quite handsome yourself.”

Paul blushed and looked down at himself. “Please I still look six years old.”

“No you don’t,” Connor said, taking his hand and shaking his head, “maybe ten.”

Paul broke out laughing, though Tyler had thought what Connor had said was mean, apparently Connor had known it wouldn’t bother Paul, after all he knew the real Paul better.

“What do you say you boys get tackling that tree?” Amy said, walking up to them.

Tyler and Paul turned and looked at the tree for the first time. Both their eyes lit up as they looked back at each other, as the tree was literally jammed with presents that spread out around under it and up it.

Amy walked over to Paul, put her arm over his shoulders and whispered something in his ear; he blushed a bit and eyed Connor as she spoke. When Amy pulled her mouth away from his ear he continued to stare at Connor ‘til Connor couldn’t take it anymore.

“What’s up?”

Paul opened his mouth to speak then closed it again. After several failed attempts he finally opened it again and words came out. “If I get little kid stuff you won’t pick on me will you?”

Connor cocked his head to one side. “Of course not Paul.”

“And if I act like a little kid, you won’t tease me will you?”

“No way, I got presents under there too.” He said, pointing at the tree. “And I plan on acting like a little kid all morning.”

Paul grinned widely. And the three of them took off for the tree, planting themselves down on their butts around it, the paper started flying in all directions. Paul was funny as hell but no one picked on him as he opened each present and became whichever kid inside that the present was intended for. He jumped up several times and threw his arms around Amy, all the while giggling and clapping his hands together.

Connor handed several presents back to his mother. One he picked up and held out to Tyler, nodding to him before he handed it back. When Carol got it, she looked at the tag and saw it was from Tyler.

“Oh sweetie you didn’t have to get me anything.”

Tyler turned to her his eyes narrowing, “Hello? You got me all this stuff and I got you one measly little thing. Just hush up and open it.”

She chuckled as she leaned forward then cupped the back of his head and pulled him forward, long enough to kiss his forehead. Tyler looked at Connor when he was done getting his kiss, “Did you get yours?”

Connor nodded and rummaged through the paper and presents pulling out a wrapped box.

“You wrapped it?” He asked totally amused.

“Well yeah, it’s from you, you should see me open it and the look of surprise on my face.”

Tyler chuckled. “Oh my God I’m so excited.” He’d told Connor what to buy, in fact just told him to get what he wanted with what was left of his last fifty dollars, after buying his mother her photo albums, which he knew she wanted since the week he’d spent there, she’d mentioned her unorganized pictures about five times. In her package was also a note that he’d put the pictures in himself, next time he was over to her house if she wanted.

He’d eventually told Connor to buy himself the new Sim’s game, which he’d also said he’d wanted. Tyler jumped up from the tree. “I gotta get Paul’s present, it’s in my room.”

Paul jumped up himself. “I gotta get yours.” They both grinned at each other as they took off out of the room, pushing each other again as they fought for the lead. Amy laughed again seeing them and Carol smiled at her.

Amy shook her head as she smiled back. “I’m sorry; it’s just so good to see Paul acting like this. I guess what he really needed was a good friend.”

Connor smiled warmly knowing how well Tyler would fit that bill. The two ran back in a minute later plopped down in front of the tree and handed each other their presents.

Tyler ripped his open and found an elaborate popsicle house, painted up beautifully, set on a wooden board that even had a white picket fence around it. He looked up at Paul and smiled happily.

Paul smiled back. “It’s so you will always have a home.”

Tyler’s heart melted and he crawled across the floor and wrapped Paul tightly in his arms. “You are so sweet Paul.”

Paul nestled into his arms. “So are you.” He pulled back a second later and ripped open his own present which was a home made teddy bear. His face lit up as he pulled it out of the box and looked up at Tyler. “You made this yourself?”

“Yes isn’t it obvious?”

Paul looked back down at the bear and turned it over in his hand. “No it’s perfect.” They hugged again, this time for a full minute before they went back to ripping open presents.

After every last present was devoured, Amy even getting two homemade gifts that Tyler had helped Paul make in the last week, Carol and Amy stood up. “Well guys, Carol and I are going to attempt to make Christmas dinner. You guys can stay here and play with your goods. You have the run of this ward, but don’t go outside it okay?”

Tyler and Paul both nodded.

“And there is an intern wandering around so behave.”

“Yes ma’am.” Paul and Tyler said at the same time, causing them to turn and grin at each other. Not long after the two women left Paul fell fast asleep in a pile of papers, clutching his new teddy bear tightly in his arms. Tyler got up and put his house on a table so it wouldn’t get wrecked, then knelt down again in front of Connor. He sat back on his calves and pulled Connor’s hands into his lap. “Let’s make out in the Christmas remnants.”

Connor’s eyes lit up as a smile crossed his face. “Sounds good.” he said, while he leaned in. Their lips met, Tyler sucked on Connor’s bottom lip then moved to the top. Their lips parted after and their tongues danced around each other’s tips. Tyler cupped his hand around the back of Connor’s neck and put his hand on his chest. His tongue jumped deeper into his mouth as he slowly laid Connor back on the floor and straddled him.

He pressed his rock hard groin in on Connor’s, whose was rock hard as well. He pressed his chest against Connor’s as his tongue explored every corner and crevice of his mouth. Connor started to groan and moan below him and a moment later, Tyler pushed himself up on his hands and looked down at him, feeling him suddenly deflate and a dampness seep through his pants.

Connor still in the throes of his orgasm slowly smiled as it abated. “Oh nice Tyler, now I gotta walk around here with my mom with a wet spot on my pants.”

Tyler grinned, “Tell her you peed yourself.”

Connor snorted and put his hand over his mouth. “I haven’t peed my pants since I was three.”

“Just tell her you got too excited with all this Christmas stuff.” he said, nodding to the tree.

“Well that’s kinda true.” he giggled.

Tyler sat up. “Just go to the bathroom, they got those hand dryers. Just point it at your crotch. I’d go with ya but I don’t want to leave him alone.” He said, nodding down to Paul.

Connor sat up and looked at Tyler’s still tented pants. “What about you?”

“It’ll go away. You just gotta not look at me seductively.”

“I could give you a hand job.”

Tyler’s eyes lit up then quickly faded. “We’d better not.” He said, shaking his head.

Knowing the reason for his hesitation Connor put his hand on his arm. “Robert told me what happened. About your mom and the water.”

Tyler looked up at him with a hurt expression on his face. “You weren’t supposed to find that stuff out from anyone but me.”

“Well I wasn’t really snooping. I just asked him why you wouldn’t sit in a living room.”

Tyler blushed and looked away.

“I’m sorry Tyler. But honest, you don’t have to worry about, thinking anything bad about you or the way you look down there.”

Tyler looked back at him, his eyes sorrowful. “I’m just not ready for you to see it or feel it yet. I wasn’t even ready for you to know.” he shrugged. “Oh well, I guess.” he shook his head and sighed. “But go dry your pants. When you get back we can play with our toys.”

Connor smiled; though he knew Tyler was still upset, he wasn’t gonna harp on it as Tyler was obviously trying to get over it.

While Connor was gone Tyler picked up all the wrapping paper shreds except the ones directly under Paul. He was lying on his side, his legs curled up, his knees nearly touching his chest. One arm was curled along his back while the other remained in front holding the teddy bear.

Connor walked back in the room, standing his feet about a foot apart as he pursed his lips and gave Tyler a heady look. He waved his hand over his crotch, where it was dry, but being tan pants stilled showed evidence of a foreign substance. Tyler grinned and walked over to him. He untucked his Green Hensley shirt that was long and covered most of it up.

“But I never wear my shirts untucked.”

“Don’t be so paranoid she won’t even notice.” Tyler rested his hands on Connor’s thighs and smiled at him. “I’m so glad you came to spend Christmas with me.”

Connor smiled at him, his head being a little higher, he lifted Tyler’s chin with his hand then leaned in and gave him a good long kiss.

Very shortly after they walked into the cafeteria for dinner, Carol looked over at Connor. “Why you got your shirt untucked hon?”

Connor went red and Tyler spoke up quickly. “I told him he looks better that way.”

Carol grinned, though she didn’t look like she really agreed.

After they ate one of the most delicious dinners Tyler had ever ate, Carol put her arm over his shoulder and nudged him out into the hall. She kept her arm around him as they slowly made their way down the hall. “Honey, I wanted to let you know that I tried to get social services to let you stay with us. I really wanted you to.”

Tyler turned his face to her and smiled. “That was real nice of you. What was there excuse not to?”

She looked at him a little surprised and smiled apologetically, “We haven’t got the room and I’m a single mother. They like the kids to be with two parents.”

“Yeah with two you get treated twice as bad.” He said bitterly, though he knew she would have done all she could.

She stopped walking and put her arms around him, stroking one hand up and down his back while she put her chin down on his head. “I’m sorry honey. I know it’s not fair. But you can come to our house and stay over any time you want. It’s an open invitation so don’t ever wait for an invite okay?”

Tyler nodded under her chin as he put his arm up around her back and over her shoulder.

Carol put her hands on each side of his face and pulled it back so she could look him in the eye. “And if they hurt you in anyway you tell me hon, don’t let anyone treat you bad. You don’t deserve it.”

Nodding, a single tear slipped down Tyler’s cheek. Her face melded into a mask of sorrow and she smiled sadly at him. “I’m so sorry hon.”

Tyler shook his head cursing his tear. “It’s not your fault, please don’t feel bad for me.”

Her smile remained and she kissed him on the forehead. “I’ll do my best.” she said before giving him another big squeeze.

Copyright © 2011 vlista20; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That's was a wonderful Christmas treat, and just the right time of the year for reading it. Tyler is doing wonders for Paul. But I think it's terribly unfair Tyler can't stay with Connor and his mom or have his own place. He'd be able to get a student roomette in Denmark.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..