Jump to content
    W_L
  • Author
  • 130 Words
  • 1,457 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2011 - Summer - Walk on the Wild Side Entry

What Matters Anymore? - 1. What Matters Anymore?

 

 

What matters anymore?

By W.L

 

Where are the Creators of Destiny?

Where are the Shapers of Fate?

Found in the words of History

Lost in the blogs of Hate

 

We have lost all Hope

We have found no Faith

Love within helps some Cope

Despair within creates the Wraith

Oh specter of Doom

Thou hath’ consumed us at Last

 

Where are our noble Virtues?

Where are our enlightened Truths?

Discarded from the mental Views

Taken from the last of our Youths

 

We have discarded our Lives

We have taken the last Host

Live as the end Arrives

Die as the final light Boast

The Ghosts of the past, the present, and the future haunts Us

Who knows what matters Anymore?



Poem Discussion

Copyright © 2011 W_L; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2011 - Summer - Walk on the Wild Side Entry

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I don't know.

 

What does matter? Mostly people seem self centered and egotistical, is that what we as a species have become? Or is that what we always were?

Link to comment

I envy those who can a) write poetry - I can't I am too literal and b ) those who are good at self reflection - I avoid it for fear of what I will find. Thanks for sharing your 'little contribution' I thought it quite well done.

Link to comment

That was quite dark. It highlights a lot of sadness, a lot of fear and bleakness and darkness.

 

What does it matter? it matters because is matters. The big picture is bleak but if we can all see the little picture and make it better then the big picture changes.

 

Where is the hope? Right here.

Link to comment

I like the questions you posed, made me think a lot. Thank you for sharing. In case it wasn't clear, I really like this :)

Link to comment

A very dark piece.

 

In my world, I have to hope, and things do matter.

 

We all have problems of some sort I guess. A lot of feeling in this, well done : ) :boy:

Link to comment

Quite a dark and confused piece! It reads beautiful too.

 

- I mean, why hope anyway?

- Coz that's the only thing that'll keep me hanging on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment

Somehow I think this is stating how bad things can be, only to have the reader rebuke this and find his own self stepping up and forward again after whatever there is, if it is only to give the finger.

 

Interesting.

Link to comment

I'm shite at poetry, and shite at understanding it too, so I kinda like it when I come across something I can relate to.

 

The simple fact of the matter is that nothing matters. Truly. Importance is only a feature of existence. And when we die ...

 

On the other hand, being as we are, we need to have reason to continue to be, so the idea of mattering slips down a level to our immediate cisrcumstances and how we can affect the lives around us. And if we didn't do that, we'd go back a paragraph nd there's no forward pathway there.

 

Mattering is what you make it. The trick is not to be deflected by the hateful idiots in the world who like nothing better than to be brutal and self centred. The trick is to be you, and to be useful to others.

 

And it seems to me that you are very good at that, sir. And that's all that matters.

 

As Bugeye kinda inferred, reading this is a great kick in the ass to realise that there is another side to the dark.

 

Thank you.

Link to comment

Pose the hardest question of all.....

Does life not matter. Or is it love? Shall we consider friendship, or learning, or family?

There is much to be said for an enquiring mind, but can't help but wonder if that was the reason behind why you ask?

Interesting piece.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..