Jump to content

Memories of a Street Rat

   (3 reviews)
Genres: Non-Fiction
Sub-genres: Creative Non-Fic

This is not exactly a continuation of Alone in the Night, but just some memories from that same time period. 

I've gone back and forth about posting this and finally decided to do it.  These are some memories from my time on the streets between the age of 16 and 18.  I tried to write this as accurately as I remember the events, though I admit I did tone some things down where I felt it was needed.  This contains descriptions of teenage prostitution and violence, sometimes extreme violence.
Copyright © 2017 WolfM; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carlos Hazday

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is not an easy story to read. However, it should be. By everyone. If for no other reason than to remind us for every kid like Wolf who survives, albeit not unscathed, countless others do not.

I've never understood the fascination some people have with young men and women as sexual beings. Engaging in actual acts while taking advantage of someone down on their luck makes their crime more heinous. Hell, the multitude of internet stories about youngsters having sex bothers me. I tend to label authors and readers of those as pedophiles whether they act on their desires or not.

As much of a struggle as it may be to get through the story, the author wisely chose to end on a hopeful note. The fact he survived to write about it is a testament to his strength. May his words and actions inspire current and future readers to lend a hand if possible, and to hang in there if they find themselves in a similar situation.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
Pascal

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I could easily copy and paste my review of "Alone in the Night" (go read that story before you read this one!), but that wouldn't do it justice. While this story is different from the first one, it is by no means less good. Just as the author describes, it's less of a continuing story and more a collection of memories, like a diary maybe. Nonetheless it's as captivating and emotional as the first one.

Thank you for sharing this, @WolfM

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
Pup Cameron

  

Mr. Hazday said it best in his review, this isn't an easy read, but should be read. This touches on places the previous book, Alone in the Night, didn't go. I'm rarely at a loss for words, so I'll just say this. Read it and be happy you get to do it from the comfort of your home, since this shows not everyone had options like that.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..