Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 322 Words
  • 542 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Inside The Mind Of Me - 3. Reaching For Something That's Not There

Written March 8th 2014

What is life if there is nothing to reach for? Not a goal, not a dream? Not a friend? Not a life? What is existing when it is merely existing just to be? When it is only because you are only afraid of what is beyond? When it is only because you know that you could never turn back if transcending is worse than merely being? It's nothing.

 

It's reaching for something that's not there.

 

Like a hunger, a human hunger to feel alive for a human is supposed to be alive so long as they exist here. Otherwise they could be left, all alone, abandoned, questioning their very purpose. It's a pain no one could imagine unless they experienced it for themselves. And the others, the ones around that have no idea, the ones that are completely clueless, they think you can just shake out of it, flip the switch, the light comes on and fights away the darkness.

 

That's not how it works for like the sun rises, the sun sets, for like the light comes, the darkness comes. Like the eternal battle of good and evil, there must be light and dark. But what is one to do when they are stuck in this darkness that they can't climb their way out of?

 

And then that is when you realize what you're reaching for. You're reaching for a light but that light's not there. You don't know why but where you are, when the sun rises, the suns light never breaks through to you and the day goes by and you never feel the warmth, always the constant coldness in the dark.

 

And then you start to wonder if maybe that is where you belong for trying to belong anywhere else always fails? Maybe you were damned from the start? And then you just lose your words...and the emptiness sets in.

©Copyright (2008) (X Trevor X); All Rights Reserved."
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A candid description of depression and how the struggle to reach the light can feel futile. Great job with this.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment

A reality becoming all too common for many. I feel your  struggle of fighting off the demons. The cycle which holds more than us  sometimes.

Edited by BlindAmbition
  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..