Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 357 Words
  • 582 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Inside The Mind Of Me - 4. Thoughts In Quiet Moments

Written August 10th 2015

How can we all appear so open, so happy, and so connected? It's as if time and technology are bringing us so close together when really, some of us are more lonely and disconnected than anyone could ever know, or admit to knowing. Why wouldn't one admit to knowing something that is as common as disconnection? Especially in our time.

It's because if you admit to knowing we are disconnected, then all the hard work in trying to really connect falls apart, it is then that the superficial illusion is stripped away and the ugly truth behind the veil comes to be seen. The illusion and all the work taken to create it was for the sake of self preservation, a way to try to get close, to connect, without really taking the risk of true connection.

 

It's kind of like a handshake from a distance, you can see each other, you can talk, but you can't reach each other and that simple form of bonding and the risk that person might grab you and stab you in the heart, the distance protects you. It's a fake and failed attempt to try and find the benefit of making each other happier because a lot of us are more lonely than some realize, and some of those lonely people, they rather lie than to accept the consequence of the flawed design.

 

Because like life, this illusion allows rejection, the social make up of it might make the only truth about it, if you can't live up to the illusion, if you can't accept what little bit you get from it and contribute to it and live up to it, you will never belong, either because you don't know how or because you won't settle. Or simply because you break the rules by wanting more, the part of people that use this to protect themselves from having their vulnerabilities touched, the people that use this to avoid risk.

We are all human, and this may or may not be true, but I think it's a real shocker that we are so afraid of each other.

©Copyright (2008) (X Trevor X); All Rights Reserved."
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Unfortunately, I think your final line speaks to a truth about people in general. This is sad but very well written. 

 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..