Jump to content

In Our Bedroom After the War

   (2 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Andrew's parents invite Zane to stay in their home for his senior year instead of moving to Florida with his parents. They're best friends. Things change.

This story is the property of the author, and may not be reproduced in any form without my permission. Please email me if you wish to post this on another website or republish in any format. This is a work of fiction and any similarities to actual events is purely coincidental

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 6,639 Words
    • 5,817 Views
    • 4 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

ChillFire

  

 

After Zane’s parents move to Florida, they let Zane finish his senior year at his current high school. His best friend's parents generously let Zane stay at his house, so he moves in with him temporarily.

Then, over the course of Zane’s senior year, things gradually change between the two of them.

What I Loved

Andrew and Zane have a really good rapport. You can really tell they’re like the bestest of best friends.

Spoiler

After the incident with Stacy, I found Andrew’s attempts to try and get on Zane’s good side again to be quite adorable. (I mean, rubbing his hand through Zane’s hair to wake him up? He’s obviously falling for you, Zane! It shouldn’t have been such a surprise when he said that he wants to kiss you all the time!)

I especially loved how Zane’s way of telling Andrew that he is in love with him at the end is to sling insults and accusations (paraphrased: “it’s all your fault”, “I know you’ve been doing this on purpose”, etc.) at him, haha. It’s oddly cute.

What Could’ve Been Better

There are minor grammar issues throughout—namely, the present tense is often used where the past tense should have been instead.

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Spoiler

Was Zane already out as gay/bi before this story takes place? Andrew didn’t seem very surprised that he likes him, so perhaps he was.

While the ending appears to imply an HEA (paraphrased: “they have all their days ahead of them”), I wonder how everything will work out considering that Zane technically lives in Florida, and he is only supposed to stay with Andrew for the school year.

Verdict

I love this story. It’s one of my go-to shorts for when I just want to read something sweet.

Highly recommended!

5 stars.

Link to review
Brayon

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I enjoyed this story, a lot. The characters felt real, and dialogue flowed. Scenes were a little minimalistic leaving a lot for the reader to add to the theatre of the mind. Overall, it was a very fun romance story, very little to no spelling or grammar errors that I saw. I would recommend this story to anyone looking for a fun romance. Not your typical high school teens.

Response from the author:

Thank you. This was such a wonderful review. I'm so glad you liked it! I have fond memories of writing this and it's one of my favorite things I've ever written. :)

 

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..