Jump to content
    Zenith
  • Author
  • 5,984 Words
  • 6,450 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Winning the Lottery - 4. Meeting Family

Derrick understood my scepticism about him being a billionaire. He told me I was welcome to check out the Dea-Con Corporation, or the Deacon family however I liked. “I trust your discretion,” he’d said.

Certainly the Deacons had a web presence, but they were obviously a family that tried to fly below the radar. His uncle Darius seemed to be the face of the corporation, but there weren’t many pictures of him. His parents had a website for their Buddhist retreat, but they didn’t go by the Deacon name. They used a Buddhist naming convention. His dad was Esshu Douglas (Esshu being his Buddhist name and Douglas being his conventional first name). His mom was Akeimi MacKenzie using the same convention. Naturally, I’d tried to look up ‘Buddhist retreats on Orcas Island’ after Derrick had told me about their retreat, but hadn’t identified these two as his parents because they didn’t present the Deacon surname.

After hours of searching I didn’t find much. As Derrick explained, the Dea-Con Corporation was privately held and their financial status wasn’t public.

With my work and Derrick’s flying schedule and his commitment to Cass we didn’t get a lot of opportunity to have long phone chats, but we did work in a couple of nice talks and some smoking phone sex which, I must admit, was much more satisfying that I thought it would be.

Then something interesting happened to me.

The weekend following Derrick’s visit I decided to go to the beach and relax. I was pretty keyed up from all the excitement of a new relationship, but I didn’t feel like driving around and exploring Oahu. I thought I’d set up my umbrella on the beach, maybe swim a bit, maybe read, maybe sleep a little.

I went to the beach park down in front of the Ala Moana Shopping Center. It’s less touristy, and more peaceful, than the main Waikiki beaches. I’d no sooner set down my towel, stabbed my umbrella into the sand and laid back to open my book when I was disturbed by a commotion.

Two little boys (they looked like twins) and another, older, Hispanic boy came running down the beach and plopped themselves not far from me. One of the little boys yelled, “Here papa! We can make a sand castle here!” What I saw next surprised me. There were four men following along behind the children. One was dark haired, clean cut and handsome. One was tall, thin, blond and a little scruffy looking, also handsome. One was thin and dark (Arabic perhaps?) and one was built like a brick shithouse—beefy. My gaydar was pinging like mad. It wasn’t that they looked gay, but everything about them screamed two couples. Handsome and scruffy were together, and Arab and beefy were together. My my.

One of the guys told the kids to move a little farther along and not to disturb that ‘nice man’ on the beach. I was so charmed by the whole scene that I quickly responded they were welcome to set up camp there, and that I would enjoy their company. Maybe being in love emboldened me; it was certainly a departure from my usual shyness.

I was quickly adopted by their group. Introductions were made. Nick (Arab), Sam (beefy) and Jorge were one family. Jerome (scruffy), Rob (clean cut) and the twins, Aaron and David, were the other.

Jerome and Sam took the kids to frolic in the water. I soon found myself telling Rob and Nick about having a new boyfriend. Rob, in particular, had a way of drawing me out, and I soon told him most of the story leaving out Derrick’s last name and the part about him being mega rich. “You sound like a man who’s falling in love,” said Rob. “But I also sense a little hesitation. Why’s that?”

“Um...he says he’s from a well-off family...I’m not sure what to think about that.” I reluctantly admitted that I was curious about his family, and that Derrick had encouraged me to research them online, but I couldn’t find out much about them.

Rob then told me the story about him and Jerome breaking up over some money Jerome had received when his company sold. He urged me to communicate with Derrick. “If it’s true love,” said Rob, “You’ll figure it out.”

Nick piped up and said that Sam could find out anything about anybody. “He used to be a Navy SEAL.” (Ah, that explained his beefy body.) Apparently Sam knew people who had access to just about every database in the cyberworld.

The afternoon passed quickly, and it wasn’t long before they departed to get ready for a boat show function that Sam had come to attend. Before they left, I loaded all their contact information into my phone. Nick had explained to Sam that I might be interested in finding out a little more information about my boyfriend’s family, and Sam kindly volunteered to help.

I was plagued with doubt and guilt about what I had just revealed about Derrick. I hadn’t given them his last name, and I hadn’t mentioned the extent of their supposed wealth, but I still felt I’d somehow betrayed Derrick’s confidence. I vowed to come clean when I saw him the next weekend. I believed Rob when he’d told me that communication was the key.

Observing two, obviously happy, gay families with children gave my spirits a huge lift. I found myself daydreaming that, some day, Derrick, Cass and I could be a family like that.

I worked a few extra hours during the week so I could take off at noon on Friday to fly to Seattle. Derrick had arranged transport for me from my office building to the airport, so promptly at 12:15 I was picked up by limo service and whisked away. Derrick had already arranged my ticket, and my boarding pass had duly been sent to my phone. Security clearance went smoothly, and my first-class ticket meant I could use the airline’s VIP lounge while I waited for the flight. I approached the lounge timidly, but was welcomed by the host who explained all the amenities. It was very nice indeed, but I found the whole experience a bit disconcerting, like I was a total imposter somehow scamming something that I wasn’t entitled to. It was more of the same on the plane. The big comfortable seat, the impeccable service. I battled with myself--on the one hand enjoying the luxury, and on the other hand wondering if there wasn’t a price to pay for it. Then there was the other little voice that said, “Stop worrying! In a few hours you’re gonna get laid.”

Derrick was at the gate to meet me (having used his work pass to access the restricted area). He gave me a huge hug and declared how happy he was to see me. For the moment, at least, my doubts and fears were allayed. How could I not trust this gorgeous, warm-hearted man?

We retrieved Derrick’s car from the short-term parking area, and before I climbed in the passenger door, which Derrick was holding open for me, he gave me a smoldering kiss and told me he could hardly wait until he had me home and naked in his bed. Of course I was hard as a rock and Derrick was too. I could only hope the drive to his house wasn’t too long.

The drive, as it turned out, was very short. It was dark, and I was a little disoriented, but Derrick explained that he lived just a little south of the airport. We soon pulled up to a gate which Derrick opened using a remote. As we were waiting for the gate to open another car pulled up behind us, which alarmed me. Derrick, sensing my anxiety, told me it was just his ‘babysitter’ making sure he got home safely. I’d forgotten about Derrick’s security protection. It all seemed just a little phantasmagorical to me.

The driveway was a few hundred feet long then the house came into focus. It wasn’t a mansion, only a one story, ranch-style home, with the garage at one end. There weren’t a lot of windows on this ‘back’ side of the house. We entered through a laundry room which lead to a spacious kitchen. Lucy, Cass’s beautiful Golden Retriever (who I’d been told about) greeted us enthusiastically. I squatted down to pet her and was rewarded with a madly wagging tail and some hand licking. I stood up, but before I could get my bearings I was wrapped up in Derrick’s arms again being smothered by a series of lusty kisses.

I jumped about a foot off the floor when I heard a masculine voice say, “God, Derrick, take it to the bedroom!”

Derrick just laughed and said, “Thanks for watching Cass, Dan. See you guys in the morning.”

Dan went out through the garage.

“Jesus, that guy scared the crap out of me!”

“Sorry about that. I should have warned you one of the security guys was watching Cass for me.”

I sighed. Security people everywhere. This was all very confusing.

Lucy got bored with us and ambled off down the hallway. Derrick went back to kissing me, and after working us both into a fever pitch, he pulled reluctantly away and pantingly asked me if I’d like anything. A snack or beverage? I’d had my fill of food on the plane, so I replied that I’d just like to head to bed. “I can do that.” said Derrick, and he led me by the hand down a hallway. He stopped at an open door and put his finger to his lips, signalling for me to be quiet. He pulled me by the hand until I was looking down at his son, Cass, sleeping.

“He’s beautiful,” I whispered. And he was. His little boy face was relaxed in sleep as his breath huffed in and out softly. Some paternal (or maternal) instinct bit me out of the blue. Was it because he was Derrick’s, or was there some child-bearing instinct inside of me that was awakened? Lucy looked up from her bed and gave her tail a little thump. I looked from Lucy’s face to Derrick’s and saw they were both wearing looks of love and pride.

We tiptoed out of Cass’s room and Derrick led me to his bedroom. I didn’t notice much, my stomach was doing flip-flops in a most delicious, anticipating, lustful way. I did notice that one wall was covered with draperies, and there was a queen sized bed awaiting us. Derrick pulled back the covers and began to undress me. In no time at all we were both naked and kissing and groping. Derrick hopped onto the bed with his back resting against the headboard and his legs spread. I was just about to dive towards that delicious looking cock when he shook his head ‘no.’ Instead he asked me to sit between his legs with my back against his chest. “I want to try something,” he said.

Once I was nestled in against him Derrick began to nuzzle my neck and utter endearments. “I’m so glad you’re finally here, I’ve been counting the minutes. You feel so good. I love your smell.” All kinds of sexy words in a sultry voice. My cock began dripping precum as Derrick’s fingers lightly caressed it. He stroked it up and down just using the tips of his fingers, and he tickled my balls in the same delightful manner.

“Oh so good!” I declared. “I won’t last long.”

“I don’t want you to. I want you to shoot a big load, make my hands all sticky with it.”

“Arrggh,” I responded. My pelvic muscles tensed, and I rhythmically thrust to bring my cock into more contact with Derrick’s teasing fingers.

“Does that feel good? Ready for a bit of release now?”

“Oh, God, yes! Please!”

With that Derrick fisted my cock and got more serious about jerking it. My thrusts become more urgent until I reached the point of no return. I groaned loudly as milky fluid shot out of my cock, over Derrick’s hand, and onto my belly.

When my breathing slowed a little Derrick asked, “Did you like that?”

“Oh, God, yes! It was indescribable. Thank you!”

I grabbed a tissue, wiped myself off and slid down the bed I rolled over and prostrated myself between Derrick’s legs. His cock was rigid and his balls were pulled up tight. My man was getting pretty close. I licked him gently, then I fisted the base of his cock and began to jerk. I could tell by his thrusting movements and his groaning that he liked what I was doing. Before long he let out a strangled cry and his own milky fluids flooded my mouth. I swallowed every precious drop until I had to pull off because he was becoming too sensitive.

I scooted up into Derrick’s open arms, leaning sideways against his chest in the position we both favored.

He kissed the top of my head. “I lo...,” he started to say. I froze. “Oh hell!” he sputtered. “Goddamn it, I love you, Gabe. I know it’s too early. I’m probably going to ruin everything. But damned if it doesn’t feel good to say the words.”

That put the ball into my court. I did love Derrick. Yes, I did. But at the same time I was holding a part of myself in reserve. I really didn’t know who Derrick was. He was a kind and considerate lover. Gorgeous in his cute Irish way. A loving father. But what about this money business? Yes, he did buy me a first class air ticket, and he did appear to have security. But his house, although it had a gated entrance, was by all means modest. What exactly was the deal?

I settled for, “I’m falling head over heels for you, but I’m a little scared.”

“You don’t really know me yet, do you? You’re being reserved.”

“Yes, but what I do know, I like very much.”

“Is it my family you’re not sure about? What would you like to know? Honestly, Gabe, I trust you. Believe me trust is a big thing for the Deacon’s. We need to be pretty cautious about most people.”

Remembering what my new friend, Rob, had mentioned at the beach I decided to be open and honest about my concerns.

“That’s just it, Derrick. I don’t know who these mysterious Deacons are. I’ve tried to look on-line but there’s really not much about your family or the Dea-Con Corporation. But I do have a request to make of you, um... if you wouldn’t mind.”

“Of course, Gabe, anything within reason. I don’t want any barriers between us. I crave your trust too, you know. Now spill. What do you need?”

I explained about meeting the gay couples and their children on the beach.

“Well, I mentioned that your background was mysterious. I didn’t use your name, and I didn’t mention anything about how rich you are. One of the guys, Sam, is ex-military and he said that he can find out just about anything about anybody.” I had an attack of guilt, “Derrick, I’m so sorry! I’m being stupid. I’d never go behind your back or betray your trust.”

“No, Honey, you’re not. And who’s better to give you unbiased information about the Deacons than a neutral third party? As I said, though, the Deacons are a cautious group. How about I run this guy’s name by my security guy, and if he checks out then you have my blessing to ask him to find out about my family. If you can give me the guy’s name I’ll call, Art, my security guy, right now.”

“His name is Sam Kozitsky. He lives in San Diego. He’s a boat salesman now, but he used to be a Navy SEAL.”

Derrick immediately phoned Art, generally explained the situation, and gave him Sam’s name. Derrick’s eyes grew wide at Art’s response. He passed the phone to me.

Gabe, it’s Art. I know this Kozitsky guy! I worked on a hostage rescue job with him once. He’s salt of the earth. Couldn’t ask for a better guy. And he’ll keep his mouth shut. He’s not a gossip, so don’t expect him to dig up any dirt. But he’ll be able to give you a pretty good overview of the Deacons. He’s got a source named Bugs who can get into any database out there.

I was surprised to say the least. I hadn’t expected that sort of immediate response. And it was a huge relief that my gambit paid off. I wanted those barriers between me and Derrick removed as much as he did!

We went at it again and eventually cleaned the sticky jizz off ourselves with a damp towel. Once clean, Derrick gave me a pair of pajama bottoms to wear. He explained that Cass would wake us up at 8:00 in the morning (he’d been forbidden to wake us up any earlier, thank goodness). Derrick surprised me by saying that Cass was aware that we’d be sleeping together, having explained to him that it was acceptable for adult boyfriends to share a bed.

Sure enough, I felt like I’d barely gone to sleep when I felt the bed shake and I opened my eyes to see a dog’s face. “Hello, Lucy,” I croaked. Standing just behind Lucy was Cass. “Morning, Cass,” I said. He didn’t respond, just stared at me like I was a specimen in a jar.

My paternal instincts didn’t desert me in the night, and I still felt a connection with Cass—like I wanted to protect him or something. I wasn’t quite sure of morning protocol in the Deacon household, but I was still drowsy and didn’t want to get out of bed. Instead I lifted the covers and asked Cass if he’d like to climb up between me and his dad. He smiled and scooted up between us.

Derrick was awake by then and he gave Cass a hug and kiss and wished him good morning. He’d warned me that Cass liked to assess a situation before diving in, that he’d be non-talkative until he felt comfortable with me. But when he got to know me, he’d talk my ear off.

I needed to use the bathroom and on the way back to bed I detoured to grab the bag containing the Lego set I’d brought. Cass accepted the gift quietly but did say ‘thank you’ without prompting.

I was at a loss as to what to say to Cass. It seemed to me that anything that came out of my mouth might sound patronizing so I remained quiet.

Cass solved that problem by asking me if I was his Dad’s boyfriend. When I responded that, yes, I was, Cass started talking a mile a minute, just as Derrick had predicted. The questions flew fast and furiously, and I answered them honestly.

Derrick got up to use the bathroom and on the way back to bed he opened the drapes. My mouth dropped open when I saw the incredible ocean view. I had no idea that Derrick lived in a waterfront home.

Cass’s hunger drove us into the kitchen where Derrick made pancakes. It was all very relaxed. The house was warm so the three of us were in our PJ’s as we ate.

I looked around, and other than the incredible view out over the ocean and distant islands, there was nothing pretentious about this house whatsoever. The kitchen appliances had seen better days, and the furniture was nondescript. The scene left me confused. If Derrick was as wealthy as he said, shouldn’t there be more evidence?

After pancakes, Derrick helped Cass get ready and I took my shower, unfortunately alone.

Soon we were out the door and on our way to the airport again. Derrick kept a Cessna 206 there that he used mainly to fly back and forth to Orcas Island to see his parents.

Derrick’s security guy maintained a discreet distance in his SUV. I asked if he was coming with us and Derrick said, no, that we’d pick up more security on Orcas. He reminded me about the ‘neighbors’ on either side of his parents’ property.

Derrick performed the pre-flight checks on the small plane, then we all (including Lucy) got in and belted our seatbelts. Derrick further explained some safety items to us. I got to sit in the front beside Derrick. Cass and Lucy took the seat behind us.

We all (the humans) donned headphones and it was very interesting for me to hear Derrick communicating with the airport tower. I’d never ridden in a small plane before, and I was fascinated with the whole experience. I hoped Derrick would explain what some of the dials and gauges did.

In no time at all we’d lifted off from the runway, and I was looking down on the airport and all the big planes parked there. Soon we were out over the ocean, but everywhere I looked there were islands dotted with houses set on rock bluffs and coves. Derrick turned the plane and pointed to where his house was. It sat above a bank that dropped off to a beach. The house itself was rectangular and long with the majority of rooms facing the view. The yard was large. There was a lot of lawn and the fence, with its gate, looked substantial.

Then we headed up between the various islands with Seattle on my right. My head was swivelling as I tried not to miss any of the sights. Occasionally I’d let my eyes drift to the handsome pilot beside me. How I wanted to reach over and cup his crotch.

Soon Derrick was pointing out Orcas Island, and he flew us over his parent’s property. It was a large wooded piece of land with bluffs and beaches facing the sound to the south. Their house seemed to be an older two story farmhouse with a big covered porch in the front (facing the view). Their zendo (meditation house) was some distance from the main house separated from it by a forest.

We landed at a small airport and were met by Derrick’s parents. Introductions were made and hugs exchanged. They didn’t look like weird Buddhists. They looked normal. I could see the resemblance of Derrick to both his parents. He had his Dad’s Irish coloring, and his mom’s smile.

We piled into a well used SUV, and as we left the airport everyone waved to a couple that was sitting in an old station wagon, which then pulled out to follow us. “Security?” I asked.

“You bet,” said Derrick’s father. “Don’t let the age of that old station wagon fool you. It’s in top notch shape.”

Derrick’s parents were what I’d call gracious. They obviously adored Cass, and they made every effort to make me feel welcome and included. While everyone was talking and catching up on all the latest news, which I wasn’t joining in much, Derrick’s mom approached me and wrapped me in a hug. She whispered in my ear, “I’m so glad Derrick’s finally found someone special.” I was so relieved and grateful to hear those words my eyes started to tear up.

Derrick suggested that he and I take a walk around the property, and Cass happily stayed behind to help Derrick’s dad with a project, which I suspect had been saved just for this occasion.

Derrick immediately took my hand and led me to a pathway that fronted the ocean. Once out of sight of the house he embraced me and gave me a knee weakening kiss. I all but melted. Then he pulled back and said, “Phone your friend, Sam, now. I can’t wait another minute. I just hope you get an answer that doesn’t disappoint you, for any reason.”

I contacted Sam, who remembered me, and he promised to get to the task immediately. Then Derrick and I continued our walk. The Deacon’s lived on a magnificent property. The terrain was varied and it was all very much in a natural state. Walking through the trees, holding hands with Derrick, occasionally kissing, was the most romantic thing I’d ever done. Yes, I had fallen head over heels in love with him. He was such a sweet romantic guy.

We returned to the house where Derrick’s mom had a vegan lunch waiting for us. Vegan, it turned out, didn’t mean tasteless or uninteresting. Lunch was delicious. Derrick’s parents seemed to know just how to put me at ease. They asked me questions that drew me out yet didn’t seem intrusive. They were highly attuned to my body language and facial expressions and knew when to leave a topic and move on. I marvelled at their highly developed social skills. The very opposite to the bluster of my father and timidity of my mother.

Just after lunch as we were sitting down to a cup of coffee (herbal tea for Derrick’s parents) my phone rang. It was Sam Kozitsky calling back. I excused myself to take the call and noticed that Derrick exchanged a nervous look with his parents.

Sam confirmed Derrick’s identity by asking me a few questions then proceeded to confirm that everything Derrick had told me about his family was true. The family’s net worth was about 40 billion dollars. What Derrick hadn’t told me was about his own personal wealth. His bank account balance was roughly two hundred thousand times more than my paltry few thousand. I felt a little light headed as I thanked Sam and terminated the call.

I turned to face the Deacon family who were all staring at me expectantly.

Derrick’s dad broke the silence, “It’s a bit of a shock, isn’t it?

I was still a bit stunned so I only nodded but didn’t say anything. Derrick got up from his chair and approached me. When I didn’t turn and flee he wrapped his arms around me and squeezed tight. “I love you,” he whispered in my ear. That was all I needed to hear. I knew that all my questions about the Deacons’ lifestyle would be answered in due course. I’d learned everything I needed to for the moment.

I responded, “I love you too.” And I meant it with every fiber of my being.

The parents and Cass had overheard out little exchange. Cass was sitting there wide-eyed. Derrick’s dad was smiling like the cat that got the canary, and Derrick’s mom had a huge, slightly twisted smile on her face as tears streamed from her eyes.

We didn’t stay long after that. Cass, (along with Lucy) stayed with his grandparents. Derrick would fly back and pick him up then next day, after I’d left. As we flew south, the sun was getting lower in the sky and there was glare. It was a bit harder to enjoy the view outside, so I enjoyed the view of the handsome pilot.

Derrick and I made love for hours that night. I simply couldn’t get enough of him, nor, it seemed, he of me. When you let all the barriers down and join with someone body and soul it’s like eating your favorite chocolate cake, only a thousand times better.

By the time we’d made love again twice the next morning it was a bit of a rush to get cleaned up and put me on the plane home. Derrick apologized for not taking more time to talk to me while I was there. I laughed and said that I’d rather have his dick in my mouth than use it for talking. But there were still a lot of unanswered questions, so we agreed to have long phone conversations when our schedules matched.

I wasn’t sad to leave Derrick. We’d agreed to have a ‘long distance’ relationship. For my part, I didn’t mind waiting two or so weeks before making love to Derrick again. Just as long as I had that to look forward to I was perfectly okay with ‘long distance.’

One thing about a six hour plane ride is that you have lots of time to think. Whereas lying in Derrick’s arms everything seemed possible, sitting alone, thinking, at 36,000 feet, nurtured doubts. As emotionally ‘available’ as I was, Derrick wasn’t because he had commitments to both Cass and his parents. And there were my own personal needs: Hawaii was still a new experience for me and I looked forward to exploring more of Oahu’s delightful corners. How could I do that if I was flying to Seattle on weekends? Derrick’s work seniority meant he could bid occasional mid-week layovers in Honolulu, but my work schedule permitted me only to spend the nights with him. I couldn’t possibly give up my work, the one thing that gave me a sense of independence and identity. How long would we find the ‘long distance’ arrangement satisfying and worthwhile?

By the time my plane had landed in Honolulu and I’d bid a goodbye to the first class cabin crew, the sunny skies of hope were replace with dark clouds of uncertainty. We’d give the ‘long distance’ thing a try, but I knew it was doomed to failure. One or both of us would become frustrated trying balance our ‘together’ schedules with other demands. Conflict and anger would rear their ugly heads. Heated words would be exchanged. Time out would be proposed. It was all inevitable, and I was feeling heartbroken already. Shit, shit, shit!

My ‘affair’ with Derrick had sexualized me. Maybe I should say hyper-sexualized. Every moment was alive with memories of Derrick and sex. Derrick’s erect cock (gorgeous). His facid cock (beautiful). Nutsack pre-orgasm tight, post orgasm loose (fascinating). Lips (as sweet as wine). Hair (soft). Pubic hair (wiry). The list goes on. The point is that these thoughts occupied my mind constantly! I could barely concentrate on work.

Which was a problem, because that week started off with a bang—actually a double bang. First, Mr. Chen announced his last day would be that Friday. That news threw me into a spin. What was I going to do without his gentle mentorship and sage advice? Not to mention that he’d become a valued friend. I took a deep breath and told myself I’d cope. After all, I was used to the office routine. Whatever peace I might have found in that thought vanished, however, when I received a phone call from the president of a condo association—a huge multi-story complex on East Oahu—who wanted our office to bid on a management contract. Landing that job would be huge; it would increase our monthly revenues by at least 25%.

My boss in Vancouver didn’t allay my fears much. I was hoping he’d write the proposal. But no, he told me he had every faith that I could do an outstanding job of it. After all, wasn’t I there in Hawaii, tuned into the unique local business environment? Who better than me to write the proposal? Our company did have a proposal template I would use, but my boss was correct, there were unique considerations in the Hawaiian market. The weather for one thing: hell on building maintenance. The Island ‘way’ was another: Hawaiians were proud of their culture and distrusted outsiders—I’d need to be sensitive to their more social ways of doing things. This wouldn’t be so much a hard sell as a relationship building exercise. So yes, I had my work cut out for me.

I dove into that project, which occupied me night and day for the next three weeks. In that period I spent two nights Derrick while he was on layovers. I was able to have a few hours of respite from the stress of work—it’s amazing how a couple of good orgasms in a row will relax a guy. Not to mention being wrapped in Derrick’s arms the whole night through. They were sweet, romantic times and my overworked brain simply refused to worry about what may or may not come of our relationship.

In the end my proposal was accepted by the Condo’s board. My Vancouver boss was ecstatic and promised me a good bonus at the end of the year. He then proceeded to surprise me by telling me I’d been promoted to Branch Manager and to hire myself an assistant controller. I got so excited telling Derrick all this news that I spoke too fast and stumbled over my words. He was incredibly supportive, not only congratulating me but telling me how proud he was of me.

Then I had to implement the changeover from the condo’s previous management company to us and hire my assistant controller. I was still working night and day but loving every minute of it. I saw Derrick regularly on his layovers but he never put any pressure on me to come to Seattle.

Three months of this hectic schedule went by—by then it was October—and Vancouver boss asked me when the last time was that I’d taken a break. I’d taken that quick trip to Seattle, but I hadn’t taken any lengthy time for over a year. My boss told me in no uncertain terms to take two weeks off before I burned out. “You’re irreplaceable,” he said. “We want to keep you in tip-top shape. Now take bloody two weeks off!”

Derrick and I discussed holiday plans (with his flexible hours he was able to spare one week off to spend with me). “Anything you want, Gabe. Five star resort. Exotic location. Anything!” I suggested Maui because I hadn’t been there. I’d heard tourists hotly debating the merits of Oahu versus Maui and I was curious to see the famous Maui for myself.

Derrick said his grandparents had a house on Maui (of course) and they happily gave us the use of it for the week.

I took the short, but scenic, flight from Honolulu and Derrick flew directly into Kahului airport from Seattle.

The grandparents’ house was located directly on the beach just south of Lahaina. It wasn’t large, but the rooms were spacious and bright. The view of the ocean was spectacular, and, at night, we fell asleep listening to the waves breaking on the reef just offshore.

Derrick’s ever-present security guard stayed at a hotel not far away. I never saw him the whole time we were there, but Derrick assured me he was doing frequent drive bys, and Derrick always carried his combo GPS/panic button keychain, just in case. Derrick was safe.

We did all the touristy things on Maui. The very curvy drive to Hana, a swim in the seven sacred pools. Haliakala at dawn, snorkeling, a luau, fish dinners in Lahaina. I can see why some people love Maui. It’s very beautiful and much quieter than Waikiki. But overall, I was in the Oahu camp; it seemed to me that Maui had a lot of tourist attractions but was just a little too quiet if one were to live there full time.

By this time Derrick and I had been ‘dating’ for several months, and my affection for him was growing. He was, at heart, a kind and gentle man. That week together confirmed how compatible the two of us really were. As far as the long distance relationship was concerned, Derrick made no demands on me, and I made none on him. I was content to carry on like this indefinitely.

We spent long, languorous afternoons in bed. It was during these afternoons that Derrick opened up about two things I’d been curious about: how did the Deacons come by their money? And what was the story on Cass?

Rob and Jerome are characters from my story "The Window Washer"
Nick and Sam are from my story "Special Forces"
Copyright © 2017 Zenith; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 67
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

 Another good chapter. I'm happy that Gabe didn't do the background check without coming clean... You can't have a good relationship without trust and communication. 
 I love the introduction of Sam. A character from another favorite story of mine... Very clever!! :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment

It did not click with me that this was Sam from Special Forces; it should have, I really loved that story...  I just keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, everything is going way to well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

It’s Haleakala, just like the natives pronounce it. Hawaiian words are very easy to pronounce correctly once you realize the spelling and sounds aren’t inconsistent like English. It always annoys me when TV news anchors all about the nonexistent ‘Hana loo loo.’

Link to comment

I'm loving this story so far! And omg I didn't realize you also wrote The Window Washer, which I read months ago, I loved it! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

As a former Seattle resident, I would say that a westerly view from a residence "a little south of the airport" - Seatac - would be of Puget Sound and Vashon Island, and an aerial view of Orcas Island would show a large island lying in the midst of the many San Juans, again not 'in the ocean', however your description of the flight with 'Seattle on the right' and 'The view from Orcas to the south'  would be accurate A quick check of Google maps would make it clear that Seattle and the San Juan Islands are quite some distance from 'the ocean'.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..