[Krista] Not A Legend by Krista

Aww, you used my forum to leave your comment. :P The reviews on GA Stories and here made me happy. I'm not really that good at poetry, but the way Aaron is with Sophia is just too cute and the thought hit me when I was trying to think of something to write for an Anthology - Since I haven't for awhile.

I said I would, sooo ...

It's a curious thing, both practically and intellectually, that the writing of this little elegy actually, on the one hand, denotes the father figure as a legend in the making, so to be, and; on the other hand, sets him down in history, and therefore makes a legend of him.

This is a really nice little piece, written in an uncluttered sort of way, almost naive, but certainly simple. I heard a man talking on the radio tonight, reiterating that children often give you the truth as of fact, without the clutter of interposing narratives. This piece was rather like that.

I suppose, however, that I was a little disturbed, though, that you seemed to be denying the status of legend to the father, almost on behalf of the daughter. This brings an added dimension of interest, because it is contrary to the sentiment of the poem, even while existing. That in itself makes it a more provocative read, and further invigorates the question "why not?".

Actually, I think I'll put this in the discussion too, to see what others think.