Jump to content
    Frostina
  • Author
  • 1,016 Words
  • 1,180 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Trying to... - 2. Trying to Figure out

I added 'Romance' tag for this chapter. lol.

‘Ty!’ Scott tried to get his attention, running after him through the lobby, only to find that Tyler’s shoulders squared and if possible, his pace grew quicker.

Ever the gentleman, Scott let a woman and her child enter the hotel before he could dash out after the man of his dreams. It was that little delay that let Tyler jump into the cab and speed away.

‘Ty!’ he called out again, hoping he would hear, rather listen. He thought he saw Tyler turn back and look at him from inside the cab; he just couldn’t be sure, but the taxi didn’t stop, it didn’t slow; it just took Tyler away into the night.

Scott tried to hold it together till he reached his suite; his heart hurt; it definitely wasn’t easy dealing with rejection. It wasn’t that he hadn’t ever turned down before; it’s just that when he could clearly see through Tyler’s façade... no, that wasn’t the right word, Tyler did not try to hide it; he just made it very clear that nothing was possible between the two of them even though both of them wanted it to. Tyler had expressive eyes; Scott could see that he’d meant every word, and he could also see how much he was hurting.

Trying to sort through his head why he was putting himself thorough this was proving to be a waste of time. His thoughts went round in circles, coming back to the same conclusion: I cannot have him, because he thinks he cannot have me.

Six weeks: it had all happened in six weeks. He had turned into almost an emotional wreck over someone he knew only for 6 weeks.

He proceeded to try and drown himself in whiskey.

* * *

Six weeks back:

‘Good morning, Mr. Peters. There is a Mr. Summers here to see you.’

‘Send him in please, Sam. Thank you.’

Summers, Tyler, the musician that his sister spoke non-stop about; back when she could speak. He thought it would be a pleasant surprise for Mel’s wedding if he could get one of her old friends to participate.

‘Hello, Mr. Peters.’ A soft voice called from the door.

‘Good afternoon, Mr. Summers. It’s Scott.’ He stood up and walked to the door, holding his hand out.

‘Tyler.’

In a few moments, aided by an awkward handshake, owing to the fact that Tyler’s touch almost made Scott’s skin tingle and he found himself unwilling to let go, Tyler Summers had made quite an impression on Scott.

Scott and Tyler soon became fast friends, trying to do something special for someone they cared for deeply. Ever since the accident that left her mute, Mel hadn’t really kept in touch with people from her previous life; not once she saw the pity in their eyes.

Tyler was one of the two that made the cut; the other was to be waiting for her down the aisle in just a few weeks’ time.

After four weeks:

Scott looked at his watch again, Tyler was late; he was never late. Worried, he tried to call, but that went straight to his voice mail. Pacing in front of the restaurant, smoking in a manner that would have given anybody the impression that his wife was having a baby right then, Scott tried to not worry.

‘Scott?’

At the sound of Tyler’s voice, Scott looked up. He saw Tyler waving at him from the other side of the road. He dashed though the almost empty road, not minding the pouring rain, in November. All he knew was that he had to get to the man he was worried about, the man he cared about, more than he would care to admit.

Halfway though, he paused as he noticed Tyler grinning at his madness, what he also noticed was the bruise on Tyler’s forehead. He ran the rest of the way and threw himself against him.

Tyler held him as tightly as he did; Scott buried his face in Tyler’s neck and thought he felt the taller man kiss him on the head. The feelings came pouring out of him like the November rain around them as he cupped Tyler’s face and kissed him.

Like all good things, the perfectly synchronised movements of their lips against each other’s with their hearts providing the beat, also came to an end... too soon.

‘No Scott!’ Tyler took a step back, shaking his head.

‘Sorry Ty, I got you all wet. Let’s go inside.’ Scott smiled up at him.

The look in Tyler’s eyes almost made Scott scream; Tyler looked positively horrified.

“Oh please, please don’t let him think this was a mistake, oh please!” Scott’s mind repeated over and over when Tyler just stood there, in silence.

‘I... we shouldn’t have done that, Scott.’ Tyler whispered, his gaze fixed on the footpath.

‘What? Why?’

‘I can’t... it’s not you... I wish we could... I just, can’t!’ With what sounded terribly close to an agonised sob trying to claw out of his throat, Tyler stroked Scott’s cheek with the back of his hand and left.

* * *

‘Dammit! I need to know why!’ Scott flung his glass to the far wall where it shattered into tiny little bits and glittered prettily in the light.

To hell with promises,” he thought as he dialled the number like he had more than a thousand times in the past; only this time, he didn’t hang up before it connected. His heart racing like he’s just run a marathon, he counted the number of rings.

‘Hello,’ said a soft voice after the fourth ring.

‘Hi, may I speak to Tyler?’ He wondered who it could be that answered his mobile.

‘He’s in the shower, who are you?’ And a giggle.

‘Uh, Scott. Scott Peters.’

He heard a light rustle, a knock on a door and the girl’s voice calling out, ‘Daddy? There is a Scott on the phone...’

Scott hung up.

Daddy?

 

Please visit the topic in the forum. It's not just a discussion thread. I need help on the story.

Is it making sense? (both individually and along with the first one backing it.)
Copyright © 2011 Frostina; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Okay so the truth of his living arrangement isn't known by both parties. Shame, shame. After re-reading the first part I just really have one huge question - WHO is SARAH? I'm assuming it is his daughter's mother but who is she? Where is she? These little flashes are great stories but are also killing me. More please!

Link to comment
On 07/12/2011 12:28 AM, comicfan said:
Okay so the truth of his living arrangement isn't known by both parties. Shame, shame. After re-reading the first part I just really have one huge question - WHO is SARAH? I'm assuming it is his daughter's mother but who is she? Where is she? These little flashes are great stories but are also killing me. More please!
re-reading? :P you read the first chapter again? :o lol. uh, Sarah is... um... well sarah may very well be the daughter! :P The third one is almost ready! :P gimme a little time, should be up soon. :) Thanks for the review!
Link to comment

Yeah, I re-read the first part again cos I got lost in the second part, what with the time shift and the change of pov. It's still written as well, and the frisson is even stronger than before. So I might be blue from holding my breath by the time you ever get the two of them together. Assuming they do, of course.

 

Personally I absolutely detest the same action being told from a different pov. For all sorts of reasons. But some people like it. What I think you have been much cleverer at is that the way you have done it, moves the story on, both in terms of development as well as backstory. It might actually be that is a more economical way of conveying the depth of the characters without having to drag us all the way through an unnecessarily detailed narrative. So, I'm prepared to be convinced. I still want more, faster.

 

As for development advice / commentary ... I think that's your part of ship. However, the way it has shaped up so far, I would be wondering where the story is ultimately headed. As a getting together tale it works bloody well. I'm not sure it has a life beyond that. BUT, if you think it does, then I would think that moving on with that sooner rather than later would be best.

Link to comment
On 07/12/2011 02:56 AM, Dannsar said:
Yeah, I re-read the first part again cos I got lost in the second part, what with the time shift and the change of pov. It's still written as well, and the frisson is even stronger than before. So I might be blue from holding my breath by the time you ever get the two of them together. Assuming they do, of course.

 

Personally I absolutely detest the same action being told from a different pov. For all sorts of reasons. But some people like it. What I think you have been much cleverer at is that the way you have done it, moves the story on, both in terms of development as well as backstory. It might actually be that is a more economical way of conveying the depth of the characters without having to drag us all the way through an unnecessarily detailed narrative. So, I'm prepared to be convinced. I still want more, faster.

 

As for development advice / commentary ... I think that's your part of ship. However, the way it has shaped up so far, I would be wondering where the story is ultimately headed. As a getting together tale it works bloody well. I'm not sure it has a life beyond that. BUT, if you think it does, then I would think that moving on with that sooner rather than later would be best.

Thank you for the review, and i too dislike telling the same thing from two POVs. that's why i decided to move things along a bit. As for where the story is headed, i do not know. i doubt even Ty or Scott does. let's see where it goes. i can almost assure you that i am not going to drag it out unnecessarily. (or so i hope) lets see where their life takes them. ^_^ the next one is done... should be out soon!
Link to comment

I know flash fiction are short and quick but Frosty!!! Too short! Too quick! I would have liked to seen where they went from the 1st meeting to the 4 weeks later- where they dating? Had there been any touching? Stolen glances? Was the kiss on the street their 1st kiss?

 

Mel is mute? What kind of accident did she have?

 

I assumed that Sarah was the mother of Ty's child.

 

Well done! Get writing...I need more :)

Link to comment
On 07/12/2011 07:41 AM, K.C. said:
I know flash fiction are short and quick but Frosty!!! Too short! Too quick! I would have liked to seen where they went from the 1st meeting to the 4 weeks later- where they dating? Had there been any touching? Stolen glances? Was the kiss on the street their 1st kiss?

 

Mel is mute? What kind of accident did she have?

 

I assumed that Sarah was the mother of Ty's child.

 

Well done! Get writing...I need more :)

Patience my dear, i sure hope to answer a lot of those questions you just asked. And yes, that was their first kiss. ^_^ As for who Sarah is, lets see how much we get to see her in the next few chapters. It's tough to link the flash stories while trying to keep them completely stand alone. takes a lot more effort than i had imagined, but i have taken up the challenge, and i will see it through. Just wish me luck. :) the next one will be posted as soon as i have Ch 4 written. :)
Link to comment
On 07/22/2011 07:10 PM, carringtonrj said:
Good stuff. Good ending. I like the way you suggest lots and give only a little away. Makes reading fun.
Thank you. :) glad that you're enjoying it. ^_^
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..