Jump to content
    NightOwl88
  • Author
  • 7,021 Words
  • 11,042 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lovers Blind - 14. Sight

Disclaimer: This story includes sexual and romantic situations between consenting individuals. Any allusion to illicit or illegal activity, sexual or otherwise, is used only for enhancement of the story line and not promotion thereof. Remember AIDS, HIV and other STDs are a very real threat, please always practice safe sex.

I can prove copyright on this story so please don't copy or remove this story for personal use without my permission.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Lovers Blind 14: Sight

I smiled as I watched Zeek practice his Signs. Lou and Lawrence had given him a book of signs when his eyesight reached the level where he could read again. Both Lou and I were teaching him too but since Zeek was such a fast learner it was good to have something that he could go back and refer to without us.

The last month had gone by without much issue. Zeek has had weekly appointments with Doc. Bremen to monitor his recovery, which was going well.

Every week his eye sight got a little better. Things were still blurry around the edges at a distance but up close he could see pretty clearly.

One thing that he was enjoying again though was the ability to read. Ever since Dr. Bremen gave him the OK he had returned to being a book worm. Hell, he would read all night, eye strain or not, if I didn’t make him put the books down.

“You’re gonna give yourself eye and finger strain if you keep it up.” I laughed and Zeek signed for me to be quiet.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the bed and pulled the book off his lap.

“Come on, just seven more.” Zeek whined playfully as he looked up at me…really looked at me.

Not for the first time I found myself being struck dumb by that fact. Zeek had always looked at me when we talked but now he saw me. Without thinking about it I swooped down and kissed him, after a second of shock he kissed back.

“What was that for?” Zeek asked as I pulled away and lay down next to him.

“You can see me.” I answered, still feeling a little awestruck.

Zeek smiled down at me. I’m sure he was probably getting tired of me saying that, I did it every day but I couldn’t help it.

Without saying anything Zeek straddled my legs and leaned down and kissed along my jaw till he reached my ear.

“I can see you.” He whispered before kissing my earlobe.

I had to whimper a bit, my ears were weird, they were really sensitive to being touched…which Zeek knew all to well.

“That’s not fair.” I rasped out and Zeek laughed at me.

“I’m sorry, I won’t do it again.” He replied and instead started to kiss up the side of my face till he reached my forehead.

I ran my hands up under his shirt, feeling the soft, toned flesh against my palms and fingers.

“You can do it again…just be careful of starting things you can’t finish.” I pushed Zeek’s shirt up and off, revealing that pale, lean torso I loved touching so much.

“Hmm, who said I couldn’t finish what I start?” Zeek asked as he looked down at me, winking.

I grabbed his hips and flipped us over, pinning him under me.

“That sounds dangerously like you have something in mind.” I said as I kissed down his neck to his chest.

“Well, we are both here, and neither my parents nor yours are home.” Zeek grabbed the back of my shirt and started to pull it up.

Pulling away from him for just a second I got up on my knees and pulled my shirt off.

Zeek’s eyes roved over my chest and arms and stomach, taking in everything. I still hadn’t gotten used to this; I was used to Zeek’s appreciation being more tactile.

“You’re blushing.” Zeek’s voice was quiet as he reached up and grabbed the waistband of my jeans, his fingers slipping down behind the button.

“I’m not used to you looking at me like that.” I leaned down on my forearms, making his fingers brush against the outside of my boxers.

“Looking at you how?” Zeek’s voice was low, husky; suggestive. The little demon knew what he was doing.

Instead of answering I bit down on his shoulder, not enough to bruise, but enough to make him groan and buck up into me.

“Like you’re devouring every inch of my body with your eyes.” I whispered.

“I can’t help it. I’ve missed seeing you so much. Now I can finally see how amazing your body is…It’s addicting. Hard, thick muscles but without being bulky like one of those freaky body builders.” Zeek mumbled as he ran one hand over my chest and down my back, while the other popped the button on my jeans.

I pulled away again and pulled off my jeans, leaving my tented boxers on for the moment.

Zeek tracked my movements as I crawled back onto the bed and reached for his jeans. Soon I had him bare, his hard cock lying back against his stomach.

“I still can’t get over how beautiful you are.” Before he could say anything in reply I wrapped my hand around him and stroked up slowly.

I let myself lay along Zeek’s body, kissing and nipping at his chest and stomach as I jerked him off.

Wanting to see Zeek’s face I looked up and my eyes met his. I didn’t have time to marvel once again at the fact that he could really see me before he was pulling me up and pressing his lips against mine.

“I…I can see now you know.” Zeek whispered quietly, barely breaking the contact between our lips.

“Yea…yea you can.” I whispered back and nodded gently, brushing our foreheads together before kissing him again.

Still stroking Zeek’s hard cock I leaned forward, trying to push Zeek back down onto the pillows but Zeek pulled away again and grabbed my wrist, stopping my hand.

“I…I want you…want to make love with you.” Zeek’s voice so quiet I barely heard him but the burn from the blush across his face more than made up for it.

There was a sound like breaking glass in my head as the words sink in and I focused on Zeek’s face as reality crept back into my brain.

“Are you sure Zeek? No pressure, you know that right?” My voice is as equally quiet as his had been but I patted myself on the back for keeping it steady.

“I know…but I don’t want to wait anymore. I love you and now…now just feels like the right time.” I smiled at the certainty in Zeek’s voice and pushed all my objections away, a man who goes after what he wants; how can I deny him that?

This time Zeek let me push him back onto the bed and I resumed my stroking, it would be comical to realize I had kept a grip on his cock during our talk but my mind was too focused elsewhere.

It wasn't until right then that I realized we didn't have anything, no condoms, no lube, nothing.

“We don’t have anything here…I could run over to my place…if you can wait.” I blushed as I spoke, I hadn’t planned on this or anything but after coming out to my folks a pack of condoms had miraculously found their way into my nightstand…the lube, I already had.

When I mentioned this to him he gave me this hot, wicked little grin and reached over and opened his night stand…and pulls out a fresh bottle of KY lube and a package of condoms.

“I think it was a set up.” I smiled and twisted my hand around the head of Zeek’s cock in retaliation.

Zeek threw his head back and gasped at the movement but when the moment of excitement passed he shook his head.

“Not…not a setup, promise….just planning ahead.” Zeek’s eye locked with mine as he spoke and it was my turn to gasp as it hit home.

I’m going to have sex with Zeek.

Before I was even aware of moving I was sitting up and pulling Zeek into my lap, pressing my lips against his almost violently.

I don’t know how long we kept it up, kissing Zeek, his lips, chest and shoulders as he rubbed his hard cock against my stomach.

“Not that I’m complaining but what the hell was that?” Zeek asked when my lips finally broke contact with his skin…guys got to breath after all.

“It…it just hit me, what we’re going to do. I guess it just flooded my mind, needed you…needed this.” I went back to what I was doing; kissing and licking his skin, gathering the sweat that had broke out.

“You have thirty seconds to get out of your boxers.” Zeek moaned out to me and grasping his legs I stood up and brought him with me. Turning around I lay Zeek down on the bed and locked eyes with him as I stripped out of my remaining clothes.

Soon as I was nude Zeek’s eyes started to devour me again, god I loved it when he did that.

Getting on the bed I straddled Zeek, making sure our hard cocks rubbed together.

“Who is on top this time around, you already know where I stand on that but I’m flexible.” I tried to sound joking but the slip and slide of Zeek’s hard flesh against mine ruined the effect.

“You are.” Zeek answered simply and I just nodded, too turned on to blush.

We moved so Zeek was lying back against the pillows, his feet planted on the bed, his knees bent. My hands were shaking a bit as I picked up the lube and ripped the plastic around the cap off and poured some onto my fingers.

Zeek was looking up at me shy and embarrassed, probably at feeling so exposed, and to alleviate this I leaned forward and kissed him. It took a moment or two before Zeek responded but once our tongues were dancing together I let my slick fingers slide down his perineum making Zeek gasp into my mouth until my fingertips found the wrinkled circle of skin that marked Zeek’s entrance.

Zeek moaned into my mouth as I circled the tight opening with my slick fingers before I slowly worked one inside of him. Zeek pulled away from my kiss and hissed gently in discomfort as I started to move in and out of him.

“Are you OK?” I asked quietly into his neck, Zeek just nodded in answer.

When I felt it was safe I carefully pushed my middle finger in alongside my index finger and started to slowly scissor as I thrust them in and out of Zeek’s tight body.

Zeek was biting his lower lip, his hands fisting in the sheet beneath him. I wrapped my free hand around Zeek’s leaking cock and stroked him slowly, helping him relax.

It worked. At the new stimulation Zeek’s muscles relax and I could move my fingers more freely; which lets me twist and turn my fingers till I find Zeek’s prostate.

Nudging the little bundle with my fingers caused Zeek to gasp and thrust back against my fingers.

“Oh…oh god.” Zeek moaned as I stroked it again.

Abandoning my grip on his cock in favor of stroking Zeek’s prostate I leaned down over him and nip at Zeek’s neck.

“You're so hot, tight, slick, and soft Zeek; I can’t wait to be inside you. I want you so bad, want to make you pant and gasp and moan and scream my name out loud.” I whispered into his neck, making him buck up against me.

“Please Jake, more; can’t wait much longer.” Zeek's voice is low and heavy and without thinking about it I eased a third finger past his tight ring of muscles and immediately went for his prostate again to ease the discomfort.

Zeek’s hand moved down my chest and wrapped around my cock stroking me hard.

“I want you now.” Zeek all but ordered and without thinking I eased my fingers from inside him, making Zeek moan and protest.

I couldn't control my shaking hands as I tore open the foil of the condom and rolled it down over my cock. Zeek watched me, picked up the lube bottle, poured some into his own hand and coated the condom with it.

My heart was pounding out of my chest as I moved between Zeek’s legs; he wrapped his long, lean limbs around my waist as I pressed the head of my prick against his entrance.

I did my best to push forward slowly and steadily to keep from hurting him but Zeek was impatient and pushed back against me and a strangled cry got ripped from both of us as half my cock is suddenly surrounded by the tight heat of Zeek’s body.

Zeek tried to thrust back against me some more but I grabbed hold of his hips to keep him in place. I knew it had to hurt more than he was showing so I took control and pushed forward bit by bit till my body was flush against his.

I looked at Zeek’s face and saw him biting his lip with his eyes shut tight as I watched his hands move, one ghost across his chest and stomach while the other gripped his cock and started to stroke himself.

It had to be the hottest sight I’d ever seen, Zeek jerking himself off. Not realizing I’m doing it till Zeek moaned I pulled out and thrust back in ever so slightly.

“Again...please.” Zeek whimpered, opening his eyes to look up at me.

I’m not sure but I think I smiled as I slipped half way from Zeek’s tight hole before thrusting back in, a little harder than before. Zeek moaned again but this time there was a little more pain than pleasure.

Bracing on my forearms I lay down against Zeek’s body making sure to rub my stomach against his prick.

“’m sorry…I’ll be gentle.” I whispered before licking along Zeek's sweaty neck.

Zeek didn’t reply but that was probably because I chose that moment to rock into him.

It didn’t take long before I managed to build up a slow, steady rhythm, it was torture to me; but it gave Zeek time to get used to it.

“More.” Zeek whispered, his hands moving up my sides.

Instantly I picked up the pace and let myself get lost in the slick heat of Zeek’s body. I angled my hips a bit and knew I had managed to find Zeek’s prostate, if his answering moan was anything to go by.

“Again, please…right there.” Zeek groaned, pushing back against me as I pushed hard into him again.

I bit my lip as Zeek began to move with me, pushing up into each other, moaning as I slid against his prostate.

“God yes…harder.” Zeek moaned again,

I couldn’t hold back anymore, I moved up onto my knees and gave into the instinct to pound into Zeek.

At the back of my mind I was still afraid of hurting Zeek but the slick tight heat of his body wrapped around me and his constant groans of pleasure were more than enough to drown out that nagging voice.

I was getting close, too close; and wanted to bring Zeek with me. I pushed the hand working his cock out of the way and replaced it with my own. Slick with sweat and pre-cum my hand was a blur along the hot flesh.

Zeek’s eyes snapped open and locked with mine and he gasped out my name before his whole body shuddered and his muscles tighten around my cock like a vice and his release erupted over his chest, stomach and my own hand.

As my own orgasm was ripped from me by the tightening of Zeek’s body I swear I blacked out for a second before the world crashed down around me. Heat swept through my body and centered in my cock before I exploded, filling the condom I wore so full that I felt my cum wash around my cock.

I didn’t have time to marvel at the sensation; Zeek’s hands were on my shoulders pulling me down against him.

Zeek’s arms wrapped around my shoulders and his hands tangled in my hair as he forced my mouth against his, his tongue delving into my mouth, claiming every inch of it for himself.

Managing to pull away from Zeek’s oral assault I pulled out of the sweet warmth of his body and pulled off my condom and tossed it in the small trash can by Zeek’s bed.

Zeek couldn’t keep his hands off me though. Before I could lay back down he rose up onto his knees and started licking at my chest. My hands wandered up his back and into his hair as I realized he was swiping at the smears of his own seed from where he had pulled me down against him.

Finished with his work I pushed Zeek down on the bed and returned the favor, cleaning his chest and stomach of any evidence of our activity.

After I gathered every last drop I lay down next to Zeek and pulled him against me. He wouldn’t look at me directly; his eyes kept shying away from mine.

I grabbed his chin and made him look at me. He blushed at me and I leaned forward and brushed my nose against his before I placed a closed mouth kiss on his lips.

“You were freaking amazing babe.” I whispered to him before kissing him again.

Zeek smiled shyly at me and put his head down on my chest. I wrapped my arms around my slim, yet muscular, angel and let myself drift away.

                                                                * * *

I tracked Miranda through the hallway as she came toward me, Jake, Lou and Lawrence. This was really becoming fun, being able to watch people behind my sunglasses.

It wasn’t exactly a secret anymore that I had had surgery, the fact that I hadn’t been participating in Gym was kind of a give away, not to mention I had reason to believe that Miranda had ‘accidentally’ let it slip to a few people.

Despite that though, I was still wearing my shades when I was at school, not really out of necessity or anything, mostly to keep people from staring; I guess after being so used to seeing me with my glasses seeing me without was something of a shock.

Not to mention if I had one more girl tell me I have beautiful eyes I was gonna loose it. Hopefully things will chill out after Thanksgiving break. Since neither of us had family that close by, Jake's family and mine would be having dinner together tomorrow for the Holiday.

“Hey Guys, you will never guess who I just saw in the office.” Miranda said once she finally managed to make her way to us.

Before any of us got the chance to answer though Miranda blurted it out, she was way too excited.

“Rick is back.”

Lou, Lawrence and Jake all took a sharp breath; apparently they weren’t happy to hear this.

“Good, maybe boot camp did him some good.” I smiled as I swapped out some of my books, I didn’t need to be able to see to tell that the four of them were looking at me like I was crazy.

“You sound awfully…cavalier…about that.” Miranda replied.

“Cavalier Miranda?” Lawrence asked, sounding amused.

“Yes, cavalier, when used as an adjective can mean offhand or unceremonious. Zeek sounds very off hand.” Miranda answered haughtily, I had to laugh at that. Miranda never got snappish.

“Lou wants to know where you even got that word.” Lawrence translated.

“It’s called a dictionary.” Miranda smirked at Lou and Lawrence. Lou looked liked he wanted to sign something but Jake stepped in.

“As much fun as it is to expand my vocabulary can we get back to the fact that the psycho who is constantly trying to kill my boyfriend is back?” Jake asked, interrupting Lou and Miranda.

I smiled as I reached over and took his hand, I didn't know if he realized it or not but that was the first time he had called me his boyfriend, it was sweet.

“Relax Jake. It’s not like it was before. Now I can see him coming, and avoid him. Plus like I said, maybe the boot camp did him some good.” I squeezed his hand to let him know that it was going to be OK.

Jake pulled me close to him and kissed my forehead.

“I swear if he gets within arm’s length of you it will be the last thing he ever does.” Jake whispered quietly.

I hugged him close and just smiled, there was really no point in trying to convince him that things were gonna be OK.

“Plus you guys have us, we got your back.” Lawrence said and Lou signed in agreement. I really needed to learn more signs.

“I’ve got to go guys. I’ll talk to Randy, he and his friends have stood up for you before. I’m sure he’ll do it again.” Miranda blushed a bit as she spoke.

“Especially if you ask, right?” I asked as she walked away, making the other guys laugh.

“BITE ME!” Miranda called over her shoulder, she was smiling.

“Yea right, I pity the fool who tries to lay a hand on her with Randy around, dude is freaking huge.” Lawrence shook his head as he spoke.

The four of us parted ways, me and Jake headed for Gym while Lou and Lawrence left for their free period. At last my lifting restrictions had been lifted and I could finally get back to class.

“You excited about getting back to class?” Jake asked as we pushed our way into the locker room.

“Yea, it’s been fun hanging out with the guys but I’ve missed the exercise.” I swapped out my clothes for my gym clothes as fast as I could. One of the downsides of being able to see again was the fact that I couldn’t just ignore the other near naked guys around me.

One of the things I wished I could ignore was the fact that a few of them seemed to like looking at my butt.

Jake was right there with me at speed changing. I dunno if it had always been this way or not but he seemed to have a constant scowl on his face while we changed.

Once we were changed we headed to the weight room. I took my place on the weight bench and Jake stood over me to spot.

“Can I…ask you…something?” I asked between presses, I let Jake keep track of them.

“Sure, what is it, five more.” Jake replied.

I finished my presses first and sat up before I went on.

“Have I always been looked at like that in the locker room or is it a new development?” Jake shook his head at my question.

“You noticed that, huh? It’s pretty recent; it started up when we started to be obvious about our relationship.” I moved out of the way and let Jake lay down on the bench and started to keep track of his set.

“That is pretty disconcerting. I mean, I didn’t think there were that many gay guys in this school.” I didn’t know too many of the guys we were in class with, I had kept to myself a lot over the years. I knew their names of course but nothing really about them.

Jake sat up once his set was done and we moved to another piece of equipment.

“I don’t think they’re gay, or even bi. I think it’s probably just a combination of hormones and curiosity. I mean you are hot Zeek, slim and toned. They probably see us together and get curious about what we do when we’re alone. It makes them wonder.”

I thought over what Jake said as we went about our workout. Before, I had never thought of myself as being desirable, no one ever seemed to take an interest in me except Jake.

Then again that was really my fault. I had cut myself off after loosing my sight. I didn’t want to drag people down because I couldn’t see. The only reason I didn’t try and push Jake away was because we had been friends since we were kids.

Now though I wondered how many looks I had missed, how much appreciation I had never noticed I was getting. I would never consider leaving Jake but it was a strange…and slightly scary thought, to know that there were people beside Jake that found me attractive.

After gym was over and we got our showers (another awkward experience now that I could see) the two of us headed for class.
As we passed the office I caught sight of Rick for the first time in years. He was taller than the last time I saw him, which was normal considering I hadn’t seen him since Middle School.

He was standing outside the office talking to Principal Stomps but as we passed he detached himself from the Principal and came up to us. Before I could do or say anything Jake stopped dead and stepped between us.

“Go away.” Jake said before Rick could even open his mouth. As he spoke he reached behind him and pushed me back toward the Principal, who was standing outside the office watching.

“Easy Jake, I just want to talk.” Rick raised his hands up to his shoulders and backed up a pace or two.

His voice was different than before he went away, I couldn’t place the change though.

“Talk, yea right.” Jake was angry, defensive.

“It’s true, I swear. I just want to talk to you two, explain things.” I closed my eyes as Rick spoke this time and was able to place the changes. Rick’s voice no longer held the undercurrent of threat and anger I had gotten used to. He was relaxed, sincere.

Before either he or Jake could do anything more I stepped between them.

“Student parking lot, after school.” Jake made this incredulous sound behind me and Rick smiled. It looked good on him. Tom actually looked a little like Jake, same height, square jaw, broad shoulders. His hair was brown instead of blond and his eyes were blue instead of brown.

“Thanks Zeek,” Rick nodded at me with a smile, “I appreciate it, I’ll let you guys get to class.” With that Rick ducked around us and headed in the opposite direction. I knew that Jake had turned to track his progress but I kept my eyes forward. Rick didn’t seem to have heard that I got my sight back so I didn’t want to let him know.

“Are you crazy? That guy has tried to kill you a dozen times and now you want to meet him?” Jake asked as we headed for Mrs. Peaks class.

“No, I’m not crazy, and I know he has been violent in the past. But there is something different about him now; I could hear it in his voice.” I defended my decision easily.

“I still think this is a bad idea, and I’m bringing Lou and Lawrence.” Jake said stubbornly as we stopped outside Mrs. Peaks’ room, he was cute when he pouted.

“Of course, I wouldn’t have it any other way.” I said as I pushed open the door and walked in, leaving Jake to follow.

                                                                * * *

I kept an eye on the parking lot as Lou, Lawrence and Zeek Signed to each other. It was nice to see Zeek bonding with people again; he had become a bit introverted since he lost his sight.

Watching him and Lou Sign quickly to each other made me think back to the first time he had been able to see Lou and Lawrence clearly. He was kinda shocked when first found out that they were both African American.

“You could have warned me you know so I didn’t look like a gaping fish.” Zeek had said and I had to laugh. It never occurred to me to mention their ethnicity; they were just Lou and Lawrence.

It didn’t really matter to Zeek either, he was just shocked. Being blind had given him a tendency to build pictures of people in his mind if he had never seen them before.

Still watching the three of them I failed to notice when Rick entered the parking lot, at least not until I heard footsteps.

I turned around and saw him weaving his way through the cars and with a quick whistle I let the three of them know we had company.

Zeek stepped up next to me while Lou and Lawrence stood behind us. Rick smiled again as he walked up to the four of us, although there was more nervousness in it that there was earlier.

“You didn’t need the body guards you know. I meant it when I said that I just wanted to talk.” Rick smiled as he spoke and motioned to Lou and Lawrence.

“Well given our track record you can’t really blame me.” Zeek answered as he stepped a little in front of me. I had no problem letting Zeek take the lead on this one, he knew Rick better than us.

“Eh, touché. You want to frisk me or go through my bag while you’re at it? I’d understand if you did. But if you do frisk me I’d rather it be one of them.” He pointed to Lou and Lawrence as he spoke and for a second I really considered it, but Zeek stepped in again.

“That won’t be necessary. You said you wanted to talk so talk.” I smiled at the snap in Zeek’s voice; he was very commanding when he wanted to be.

“You know Zeek, I’ve always admired that fiery streak of yours; you really should let it out more often. Maybe that was one of the reasons I targeted you, not sure. I’ll have to bring it up with my shrink.” Rick’s voice was low and curious and the word 'shrink' caught all of our attentions, before I could say anything though, he went on.

“But we’ll come back to that later, maybe. Anyway back to the real reason I am here. I want to apologize for all the crap I’ve put you two through. The attacks, the insults, threats, intimidations, recruiting Leo and Michael to help me out; I heard what they did by the way. They’ll be taken care of before I leave.” Rick smiled apologetically.

I was stunned and I wasn’t the only one, Zeek, Lou, and Lawrence all had similar expressions of shock on their faces.

Before I could stop him Zeek walked up to Rick and pinched his arm.

Rick flinched for a second and looked at Zeek like he was crazy.

“Can I ask what that was about?” Rick asked as he arched an eyebrow.

“Just making sure you were really real. Can I ask what brought on this change of heart?” Zeek asked as he retreated to my side.

“Boot camp, detox, and a therapy; in that order.” Rick said and for the first time he looked solemn.

I looked at the others and Lou and Lawrence looked back at me, but Zeek kept his focus on Rick.

“We’re gonna need more than that.” Zeek said as he motioned over to a few benches that sat under the trees along the edge of the parking lot. No one had any idea why they were there since they never got used but eh, today they would be useful.

Zeek and I sat down on one while Rick took the other. Lou and Lawrence sat down on the ground by our bench.

“I’ll start on the detoxing part. For the last couple of years I’ve been on steroids. I guess I got a little carried away; they started to mess with my head a bit. My shrink called it Steroid Induced Psychosis. Also known as Roid Rage.” Rick didn’t look ashamed, if anything he looked a little relieved.

Lou signed something to Lawrence, I understood what he was asking but Lawrence spoke up first.

“Lou wants to know why you started hitting the juice to begin with.” Lawrence asked and Rick nodded.

“That’s where the therapy comes in. I know you guys know that my dad is a bit of a local sports legend. He doesn’t go on about it at home, hell he hardly ever mentions it, but a lot of other folks do. The coach of every team I’ve ever been on knows my dad, knows how good he is.

That trophy case by the secondary office is packed with plaques and awards he won while he was here. I felt like I had to live up to that reputation but at the same time I knew I was never gonna be that good. So I started to take the drugs. I didn’t mean to get as hooked as I did. I guess I got addicted to the results. I got stronger, bigger, and faster. But I also got hazy, angry, and violent.” Rick’s voice got quieter as he spoke until he was almost whispering. As much as I disliked him I felt bad for him.

“How does boot camp factor into this?” Zeek asked, usually he’d be sympathetic but I got the feeling he wanted all the data before he made any moves.

“The guy who ran the boot camp has been at it for a few years. He saw my behavior and suggested my parents get me tested. That’s when it all came out. So I detoxed, got some therapy and here I am.” Rick raised his hands and motioned to himself, I actually smiled.

“OK so I get the fact that you were out of your mind on drugs but why me?” Zeek asked, his tone of voice had changed; he had finally gotten to the question he really wanted answered.

Rick looked sheepish at this, unsure. He ducked his head for a second before he answered, when he looked up though he wouldn’t look at Zeek directly.

“I don’t know, not completely. Part of it was because you were always freaking beating me out at something. It made a weird connection in my head. I was on the pills to get stronger, to beat everyone else and then came along this skinny blind guy who beat me at every competition we were put in together.

It didn’t matter that I was better than everyone else, better than my dad, I wasn’t better than you. That made me angry. So I took it out on you and Jake since he was always in my way. Which I thank you for by the way…if I had permanently injured Zeek before this detox thing…I would have lost it.” Rick directed his last sentence at me.

Zeek took off his glasses for the first time since we started talking to Rick and just looked at him. I don’t know what he was looking for but Rick seemed to shrink a bit under his scrutiny.

“I heard rumors when I got back this morning,” Rick said quietly as he leaned forward and met Zeek’s eyes, “You can see now can’t you? I’m curious; they say that blind people who get their sight back can see more in people than most others. What do you see in me?” Rick asked quietly, he looked scared.

Zeek tipped his head to the side and stared at Rick. I wished I could see the look on his face, in his eyes.

“I’m not psychic; I don’t see any differently than I did before I lost my sight. But I can see someone who has made mistakes and is trying to make up for it. I can get on board with that.” Zeek said as he held out his hand to Rick.

Rick hesitated for a second, casting wary looks at me, Lou and Lawrence before he reached out and shook Zeek’s hand.

“Just because Zeek forgives you don’t mean I have to like you,” I said with a very small smile at Rick, “I’m not as easy to win over as him. I’ll wait for more proof before we start hanging out.”

“Don’t worry about liking me Madsen; I won’t be around after today.” Rick smiled as he spoke.

“You going somewhere?” I looked down at Lawrence, he looked as curious as I felt.

“Yea, I’m transferring up to Wabash Prep. Dad has a few friends that are well connected to the place and they pulled a few strings. My folks, therapist, and I all agree that getting away from this place is what’s best for me.

The stigma of outperforming dad combined with being surrounded by people who expect something different than what I want to project isn’t a prospect I want to experience. I don’t want you guys constantly wondering if I’m gonna flip out again and I don’t want Michael and Leo ragging me about being nice.” Rick nodded in agreement with his own statement.

Before any of the rest of us could say something a high pitched ringing started coming from Lawrence’s pocket.

“That’s mom, excuse me.” Lawrence jumped up and pulled out his cell.

Lou tugged at my pants leg and signed to me.

“Lou wants you to know that he has a cousin that goes to Wabash Prep. He says to look him up when you get there, JJ Morison, he’ll put in a good word for you.” I relayed Lou’s message to Rick. To my surprise Rick smiled and used Sign to thank Lou.

Rick must have caught my surprised look; he rolled his eyes as he spoke.

“Don’t give me any credit for that, I saw it on a TV show, it’s the only sign I actually know the meaning for.”

That actually managed to get a laugh out of us. Once Lawrence returned the five of us made small talk for a bit before deciding that it was time to part ways. Before we left Zeek pulled his notebook and a pen out of his pack and wrote down his email address and gave it to Rick.

“Keep in touch.” Zeek said simply before he slid his shades on and led me, Lou, and Lawrence away.

                                                                * * *

I watched Jake’s dad stand up and lift his glass. It had so far been a good day. Mom and Mrs. Madsen spent most of the day in the kitchen cooking; they absolutely refused to allow anyone else in the room.

Dad and Mr. Madsen had glued themselves to the TV, watching football; at least I think so. To tell the truth Jake and I didn’t pay much attention to what they were doing.

While our dad’s had taken possession of the couch to watch the game Jake and I latched onto the small love seat that was back by the window, out of the middle of the room. Wanting to be quiet we resorted to signing to each other. Jake took it upon himself to help me perfect some of my form by placing his hands over mine and forming the signs.

As far as practicing went it didn’t go very well, it was actually a little clunky; but having Jake’s hands on mine, sliding and moving in tandem with my own was…hell I’m not even sure but it was nice.

After awhile though we stopped ‘practicing’ and just spent the time running our hands up and down each others arms and hands and tickling each other.

Back to where I was though, sitting at the dinner table with Jake and our parents, with Mr. Madsen preparing to make a toast.

“To family, friends, good food and good health.” He intoned with a smile and each of raised our glasses too. I smiled as I lifted the cream soda bottle along with Jake; this was a tradition I could get used to.

“Everything looks wonderful Molly, Loraine, just wonderful.” Dad smiled as he loaded slices of turkey on his plate and passed the platter to Jake’s dad.

The issues between the four of them seemed to finally be resolved, they spent nearly as much time with each other as Jake and I did. Mom and Mrs. Manning were forever talking to each other or out shopping and Dad and Mr. Manning were glued at the hip, watching a game or playing cards. Jake and I were considering inviting them to our poker night with Lou and Lawrence.

We both knew that they would accept the invitation, but never more than once. Both of them would see it as an overture of bonding but then they would feel guilty about intruding on our time with friends. Our dad’s were weird.

As we ate I felt Jake’s hand land on my leg under the table. I looked over at him and smiled as I rested my hand over his.

“I love you.” He said quietly as he leaned over and kissed the side of my head.

I blushed and was slightly embarrassed since both sets of our parents were in the room, but I got over it quick enough.

Lifting his hand from under the table I kissed his knuckles before I replied.

“I love you too.”

To be continued……
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I want to thank Rush for her work in editing, without her I would be nowhere. As always, I love to get your thoughts and opinions so feel free to email me at allenarcane88@yahoo.com, drop me a PM, write me a review or visit the discussion forum.

I read and respond to everything

Discussion forum link

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/25068-lovers-blind/

Copyright © 2011 NightOwl88; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So good to see Jake and Zeek back!! they're a class act! Lets hope Rick's actually getting better! :D

 

Waiting for the next one as always :D

Frosty

Link to comment
On 03/24/2011 05:51 AM, Frostina said:
So good to see Jake and Zeek back!! they're a class act! Lets hope Rick's actually getting better! :D

 

Waiting for the next one as always :D

Frosty

Hey Frosty, good to see you here. I am glad that you are happy to see them again, it's been too long in coming. Yea lets hope Risk stays on the straight and narrow. Best,Nightowl
Link to comment

That was a really great second to last chapter. You've got some work cut out for you for the final one. :P

 

Things sort of tied up nicely though I have to wonder what Zeek would do if a really hot guy started to make overtures. Not that he realizes he such a hottie, maybe Jake isn't gonna cut it. :unsure: Okay so that won't happen.

 

For the 'bastard step child' of your stories [i think that is an accurate way to put how this wasn't initially as important to you as IS and M&J] This has really turned into something special. Congrats on almost finishing it and on what a wonderful job you did with the boys.

 

Andy

Link to comment
On 03/27/2011 10:34 PM, Andrew_Q_Gordon said:
That was a really great second to last chapter. You've got some work cut out for you for the final one. :P

 

Things sort of tied up nicely though I have to wonder what Zeek would do if a really hot guy started to make overtures. Not that he realizes he such a hottie, maybe Jake isn't gonna cut it. :unsure: Okay so that won't happen.

 

For the 'bastard step child' of your stories [i think that is an accurate way to put how this wasn't initially as important to you as IS and M&J] This has really turned into something special. Congrats on almost finishing it and on what a wonderful job you did with the boys.

 

Andy

Hey Andy, good to see you. I am glad that you liked the chapter, and I hope that you enjoy the last one (it will be out soon. things did work out well, and I didn't even mean to do it when I started writing it lol. Alas we might never know what Zeek would do in such a situation. But we may one day. The bastard step child, thats a good one, very good. It has done very well for iteslf and I am quite proud of it. Best and thanks again. NightOwl
Link to comment

Even Rick gets a happy ending to this. How cool is that?

Got to read the finish.

Link to comment

What do you mean he hadn't seen Rick since Middle School? Somebody need to proof read and edit. The just recently turned 18 and stated they had one more year of High School left. The fight with Rick that caused the stupid bitch to go psycho happened right before their birthday so how the hell had they not seen Roid Boy since Middle School. And btw, if he got to the Roid rage stage he was probably using Testosterone and Deca which would mean injections, not pills. Great premise, sub par writing, atrocious editing and proof reading. Very disappointed but at least I know a writer to stay away from now!

Link to comment
On 29.8.2013 at 1:53 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

What do you mean he hadn't seen Rick since Middle School? Somebody need to proof read and edit. The just recently turned 18 and stated they had one more year of High School left. The fight with Rick that caused the stupid bitch to go psycho happened right before their birthday so how the hell had they not seen Roid Boy since Middle School. And btw, if he got to the Roid rage stage he was probably using Testosterone and Deca which would mean injections, not pills. Great premise, sub par writing, atrocious editing and proof reading. Very disappointed but at least I know a writer to stay away from now!

Ok, I am a little disturbed. I find you an insightfull and fun to read author, but this sounds very harsh. Everything else aside, even if you meet someone every day, as a blind Person, you dont literally SEE them...

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..